BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Savage

mark

its not the pushing that i'm criticising savage for, its the manor in which he does it.

I'm confused! Your saying you don't mind him pushing, it's the manor in which he does it!!! How should he do it then?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the Savage, who's incredible strike from about 30yards out flew inches past the post? Is this the same savage who's superb run off the ball and skill on it which won us a penalty. Get real mate and remember who you support, as most of those chels fans in the darwen end seem to have forgotten.

As for players who should have been sent off, there was only 1 in the match and that was that ponce makalele who shoulda gone for trying to strangle Pederson.

Well he has been good enough for the likes of Martin O`neill and Hughes at both club and international level so yes, I guess he can play.

As for last night he was excellent.

Why is it if Roy Keane yells at colleagues it is seen as inspirational and setting the example but bad if Savage does it he gets slated?

I think you are well and truly outnumbered on this one Mark.

Savage will do for me. The midfield set up was very good last night and I would like us to continue with the system as we haven't got two strikers worthy of the name. We are just as likely to get goals playing this way.

gbax, i have already politely asked we leave the b1tch1ng to the 3am girls. theres nothing wrong with free tickets when a student with crippling debts.

i hope your opinion is correct when i "next visit Ewood to support Chelsea".

tinykit.gif

I don't get it. You come here, have a go at a player and say you say with Chelsea fans, and think somehow we are going to not have a go at you?

I thought he was one of the better midfielders on the night. He didn't bully, he has a physical style, what do you call Keane? I think he's already shown us that he has consdierable footballing talent to go along with this.

Utter garbage. You may not like him, or his style, but if you say he's not a footballer, then that's just nonsense.

I agree with you, but saying he was a poor buy, or that he isn't up to standard, is not the same thing as saying he isn't a footballer. Grabbi wasn't great, but hell he was a footballer. Savage is physical, but with obvious skill as well, if he didn't have it then he wouldn't have played at the top level for such a long period.

He did not play football, he bullied.

Reasonable question - what's wrong with putting yourself about? [on the pitch]

Well said.

We were never going to match Chelsea for skill. I think with the players in our team we are now much more of a physical team than we once were.

But I don't think we're a dirty team. We can still get the ball down and play some decent football.

Savage does make his fair share of bad tackles but who doesn't?

Notice how the Chelsea fans never mentioned the elbows that some of their players left out and Makelele's push on MGP.

Savage had an excellent game last night although he probably served to be booked. The guy ran and ran. With him and moko in the middle we are going to be hard to play through and he showed some decent technique and passing. Moko similarly.

What was interesting is that in our second game he was as influential as Ferguson's near best (only performances like Barry's against Newcastle exceed lily's last night). Not as neat on the ball as Ferguson or as composed- but his driving runs (a la the penalty) and shooting are a lot more convincing.

When Hughes said "he more than compensates for Ferguson leaving" I think our manager might be right.

Im am glad, especially in the pridicament we are in, that he is at rovers.

so what do we make of our new star man??

We are no longer a top club able to sign the fancy dans.

If I could play for Rovers against the Big Boys like Manure, Chelski and T'Arse then I would love to charge about the pitch kicking lumps out of all the soft southern fleurklers.......

..........Robbie Savage does that for me........

..........he is my Rovers wet dream........

Stick to your t'rific daft celeritic sad songs soft lad......... thumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gif

soft southern fleurklers

Why is it there seems to be this North Vs South thing in this country? I mean, being a southerner myself, I naturally dont give a damn about it, but why is it that people up North do (generalisation, obviosly)?

i was in the chelsea end last nite (mate had free tickets) and the anti-savage sentiment was (of course) rife, and i must confess that for the most part i agreed with them. he should have been off. he did not play football, he bullied.

i know some posters admire this quality (and myself too, think keane, gerrard, viera, butt etc etc) but savage is a joker. i was dissapointed when we signed him, distraught at the price, and now ive seen him play in our shirt i have even less respect for him.

true he was a nuisance but im not sure he is good for our cause. his strike was terrific but aside from that his passing was sloppy and he argued with/b0ll0cked his own players (neill and nelson infront of the chelsea fans and more in midfield that escape me). IMO that does not encourage or inspire.

so what do we make of our new star man??

p.s. dickov's behavior towards the end was also a joke. he should have been off - hacked at terry whilst punching his ribs!! ph34r.gif

p.p.s. their chants are hilarious: celery CERLERY, if she dont come then tickle her bum with a lump of celery CELERY........ laugh.gif (sticks of celery being hurled around).

anyway, all told not a disgraceful result against 'the champions'; mokoena and MGP very promising, just wish we bought a stiker instead of "the blonde boy in the middle". laugh.gif

urm, yeh, great song.

Jesus christ, we have empty seats in our stands every game and u sit with that lot. If you were a true fan u would buy a ticket anyway, i would never, ever do that. Im sure you enjoyed their celebrations at the end aswell didnt you.

soft southern fleurklers

Why is it there seems to be this North Vs South thing in this country? I mean, being a southerner myself, I naturally dont give a damn about it, but why is it that people up North do (generalisation, obviosly)?

The reason for that, mate, is a question of identity.....

just who are you...........

Most southerners have very little sense of identity in relation to their location due to the fact that most of them live in places of large influx and rarely stay in the same area themselves.

Much of "the south" is an homogenized area anyhow.

Most of "T'North is populated by folk who have stayed put and feel rooted where they are - for good or for bad.

Those of us who do move are often the more adaptable elite.

As it happens before spending seven years in R lovely capital city I spent three years amongst the townies of your fair city.

Delightful place - shame about t'locals........

Glad to be back Ooooopp North where god resides.

The reason you have no civic pride is that you live surrounded by "foreigners"....

........Ooops - just like Blackburn then...... wink.gif ( cue B.Phillip 'n' Tnr...)

soft southern fleurklers

Most southerners have very little sense of identity in relation to their location due to the fact that most of them live in places of large influx and rarely stay in the same area themselves.

Most of "T'North is populated by folk who have stayed put and feel rooted where they are - for good or for bad.

Those of us who do move are often the more adaptable elite.

As it happens before spending seven years in R lovely capital city I spent three years amongst the townies of your fair city.

Glad to be back Ooooopp North where god resides.

The reason you have no civic pride is that you live surrounded by "foreigners"....

........Ooops - just like Blackburn then...... wink.gif ( cue B.Phillip 'n' Tnr...)

I have a great sense of identity, strongly linked with Cambridge (townies? wtf, its just a bunch of b*stard tourists/students).

Pfft, nothing wrong with the locals here, we just prefer things more than warm beer, cricket and tales of t'good old days tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

Cambridge does have a real sense of unfriendliness, tho. When I go to Blackburn, people seem to want to be your best friend (which pi$$es me right off, purely because I'm not used to it, but its nice to know not all of England are what Scots have us believe).

Still, its still all petty nonsense. We should just be glad we live on this island, and feel pity for Canada about their southerly neighbours wink.gif

I wish Northerners would not lump every thing South of Birmingham as The South.

Have you ever been South? Your description sounds like the South-East and not teh South West.

The South West has a lot more identity than The North. This is probably due to, as you would say, most of the North is an homogenized area anyhow when compared with the South West.

I wish Northerners would not lump every thing South of Birmingham as The South.

Have you ever been South? Your description sounds like the South-East and not teh South West.

The South West has a lot more identity than The North. This is probably due to, as you would say, most of the North is an homogenized area anyhow when compared with the South West.

True......................

Savage may shout at players when they do something wrong, but don't you think thats fair enough, or would you prefer a team that said nothing and didn't care when it let in a goal because we don't want to upset anybody.

You're spot on.

In fact, it was Mark Hughes who said that his first impressions when he re-joined the club was that mediocrity was accepted by the players.

I have no doubt that Hughes is encouraging the players to give each other a bit of a tongue-lashing every now and then to keep up the standard.

Savage should not have been sent off, maybe booked for 1 foul he did.

That was my impression.

There was one (on Duff?) he definitely should have got a yellow for.

He surprisingly didn't get booked, but that foul was just cynical, anyway.

If anything, I was impressed by Savage's attitude.

I remember one incident where Mokoena wanted to argue with the referee after a foul, but Savage told him to get on with the game.

Savage did likewise when he fouled.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.