BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Savage

mark

"Student eh?

I blurdy well hope you know more about your studies that we are all subbing you for than you do about football"

laugh.gif of course! you are all subbing me. shows what you know thenodrog.

"This thread is becoming a breeding-ground for daft prejudices". spot on bryan.

back to the thread - lets hope i'm wrong tinykit.gif

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for classing the Sout hEast as wjere you met a load of 'dicks'. Considering we're all working on stereotypes, with the inbred Norfolk people, slappers from Essex, and more well off in Cambridge, I woulda said generalising as SE as dicks is like classing the whole North like Geordied (nothing wrong with Geordies, but clearly a one off population).

Still, all this boils down to is petty crap that people dislike whats different, rather than anything thats wrong with it...

On topic: Were we actually linked with Sav before Brum got him? I hinestly cant remember much about him back then, in terms of transfer gossip.

anyways just to stay on topic, i love savage, and wanted us to sign him before he went to brum, which was sneered at by the majority of people on here!

Great minds eh ywa. I posted a few times that we should go for him too and was roundly criticised on here.

Lots of helpings of humble pie required.

As for Dickov. A lot of criticism is totally unfair cos not only has he had to play on his own up front on occasion (Wed night) but he also has to partner complete jerkoffs when Hughes does play 2 up front. I am certain that he would benefit from a quality centre forward alongside him.

Can anybody even try to imagine the embarrassing shambles that Wed would have been if Sparky had played either Gally or Stead up front and all on their own against Galla and Terry ffs? ohmy.gifsad.gif

Can anybody even try to imagine the embarrassing shambles that Wed would have been if Sparky had played either Gally or Stead up front and all on their own against Galla and Terry ffs? ohmy.gifsad.gif

Aye, withiout the "hugely impressive" Dickov we might have drawn a blank and possibly even missed a gift wrapped penalty!. ohmy.gif

3rd successive blank coming up today.

Can anybody even try to imagine the embarrassing shambles that Wed would have been if Sparky had played either Gally or Stead up front and all on their own against Galla and Terry ffs? ohmy.gif  sad.gif

Aye, withiout the "hugely impressive" Dickov we might have drawn a blank and possibly even missed a gift wrapped penalty!. ohmy.gif

3rd successive blank coming up today.

Very prophetic (but maybe not all that good by 16.43pm Rev wink.gif ) and a fair point but at least we were not embarrassed by his performance.

BUT I still cannot see how things will be improved by replacing Dickov with either a lad who has not scored since last years daffodils were in bloom and who looks like he wont ever score again!

OR by replacing him with our local hero from Shad who is playing at least one division higher than his talent.

OR with our very own Evil Knieval.

OR even with the multi-talented Jay Bothroyd who finds everything oh so easy that he wastes his God-given ability by insisting on playing in roller skates.

Whilst MH has certainly tightened us up defensively and made us more competative (...... not combatative as the bodywaxed chelsea bum-boys are claiming) I feel that after the transfer window slammed shut we are left with the worst strike force in the Prem bar none! We must find a way to use what personnel we have to find the net enough times to guarantee Prem safety and to give Hughes the breathing space necessary to clear out and replace at least half of our strike force in the close season

Andrew Cole, our former striker, has scored 11 goals for Fulham so far this seaon.

His replacement, the multi-talented Paul Dickov, has scored 7 goals.

However, Dickov is beating Cole on yellow cards, by 9 to 6, though Cole has had one red.

Nuff said.

i was in the chelsea end last nite (mate had free tickets) and the anti-savage sentiment was (of course) rife, and i must confess that for the most part i agreed with them. he should have been off. he did not play football, he bullied.

i know some posters admire this quality (and myself too, think keane, gerrard, viera, butt etc etc) but savage is a joker. i was dissapointed when we signed him, distraught at the price, and now ive seen him play in our shirt i have even less respect for him.

true he was a nuisance but im not sure he is good for our cause. his strike was terrific but aside from that his passing was sloppy and he argued with/b0ll0cked his own players (neill and nelson infront of the chelsea fans and more in midfield that escape me). IMO that does not encourage or inspire.

so what do we make of our new star man??

p.s. dickov's behavior towards the end was also a joke. he should have been off - hacked at terry whilst punching his ribs!! ph34r.gif

p.p.s. their chants are hilarious: celery CERLERY, if she dont come then tickle her bum with a lump of celery CELERY........ laugh.gif (sticks of celery being hurled around).

anyway, all told not a disgraceful result against 'the champions'; mokoena and MGP very promising, just wish we bought a stiker instead of "the blonde boy in the middle". laugh.gif

Mokoena promising ? what a joke. Nelson has adapting.Mokoena needs to quickly.Savage at least shows the need and determination that the coasters at our team need to start showing

Andrew Cole, our former striker, has scored 11 goals for Fulham so far this seaon.

His replacement, the multi-talented Paul Dickov, has scored 7 goals.

However, Dickov is beating Cole on yellow cards, by 9 to 6, though Cole has had one red.

Nuff said.

Hey thats not dickovs fault.Blame our ex manager Souness.At least we will see him get sacked by one of ,in his terms not mine """" the big clubs """".

am i the only one who thought savage had a fairly good game against chelsea?

sure he goes in hard and may not be pretty to watch, but hes intimidating and effective, and makes players think twice before they go in with a tackle for him.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.