BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Another Mgp Thread

ZAM.

Consider my allegiance (sexual and otherwise) changed. See, I am supportive:

user posted imageGo team!and We're the best!

After Bellamy11 has swallowed his humble pie, will you please remove your signature (on different message-boards) into something more constructive, Mr. Cuidado? "I-told-you-so" is not funny when repeated innumerable times... rover.gif

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hang on a minute. Where have I gone wrong to warrant pie? T4E texted me during the Portsmouth game asking me how he was doing, and I responded with exactly how he was doing. It's hardly "he's going to be a failure and he'll never come good" is it?

Unlike you, Mr6, I like to watch players in the flesh several times. In fact, sleepyjack and I drove from Blackburn to Morecambe in January to watch the reserves specifically to see how MGP was doing as it was months since we'd last seen him. If only you had that kind of dedication to your team eh?

I watched MGP a few times for the reserves during October and november - and DePedro played better than MGP.

Im glad hes now showing his ability but he was at the time lightweight and ineffective.

And Rover6 until you start going to games please dont try and sound authoritive on how players are playing due to Championship Manager and 30 second clip on MOTD.

Wheres Donnoly now?

And Cuiaddo you have made your point. Please stop and move on to a different thread/topic. Hows Spurs doing at the mo?

Unlike you, Mr6, I like to watch players in the flesh several times. In fact, sleepyjack and I drove from Blackburn to Morecambe in January to watch the reserves specifically to see how MGP was doing as it was months since we'd last seen him. If only you had that kind of dedication to your team eh?

Good on you for that. However, I think you were way over the top on your early condemnation of MGP, fuelled, I suspect, mainly by your dislike for his fan club rather than a dislike for the player.

Pretty rub(b)ish? Complete and utter stinking muck is more like it, that 'performance' against Manchester United will live long in my cheese-fuelled nightmares, that overhead 'clearance' down by the corner flag, aagh, it makes my stones retract just thinking about it. And then there was that missed chance to settle the game in front of the BBE. Then straight after the game we get his fanboys on here telling us how brilliant he was, blithering idiots.

Hughes has been completely and utterly vindicated in not playing Pedersen at first by the Norwegians recent good form, not the other way around. If he had thrown him in like Souness attempted to do the guys confidence would have been completely shattered. To suggest Pedersen would have played this well all season is ludicrous, he played poorly for the first team when selected, and if he was inferior to De Pedro for the reserves, well that just takes the biscuit(if the lardy Spanish slug hasn't eaten them all first that is).

Hughes has been completely and utterly vindicated in not playing Pedersen at first by the Norwegians recent good form, not the other way around. If he had thrown him in like Souness attempted to do the guys confidence would have been completely shattered. To suggest Pedersen would have played this well all season is ludicrous, he played poorly for the first team when selected, and if he was inferior to De Pedro for the reserves, well that just takes the biscuit(if the lardy Spanish slug hasn't eaten them all first that is).

I don't think sub appearances would have done him any harm. In fact, in that streak of draws during Christmas, we could have done with him coming on and trying to turn draws into wins - but he stayed on the bench.

Think you have to look at the end results - and the results are MGP doing a great job at left mid - so full credit to Hughes for getting MGP to play like that.

The great thing is that barring us selling him we've got a left mid one of our problem positions sorted out for another 5 yrs or so.

"We're probably favourite's to win, but you never know what is going to happen in the cup, the cup is famous for the lesser teams beating the bigger teams." Morten Gamst Pedersen

Good Lad! That should wind up the Burnley fans.

I don't think sub appearances would have done him any harm. In fact, in that streak of draws during Christmas, we could have done with him coming on and trying to turn draws into wins - but he stayed on the bench.

But that streak of draws was the catalyst for turning our season round. That streak of draws would have been losses had Hughes not instilled a bit of steel and defensive discipline in the team.

Perhaps he felt during those games that MGP wasn't strong enough and preferred not to risk losing a point. Mark Hughes has been totally spot on with his treatement of MGP, which is proved by his recent good form.

Accept it and move on!

We have a star on our hands.

Thanks to Rovers judicious use of the lad he is brimming with confidence and will become a huge Premiership hit.

O.K. - in a year ot two he will leave us for a bigger club but at least we will get to enjoy his skills for some time longer and will be compensated for his loss.

Cuiccadochuckylovieduckler..........

You owe us one wink.gif

He has great energy and has improved dramatically since his arrival. Credit to Hughes for waiting for the right time to play him and credit to MGP for another superb goal last night.....one which will live long in the hearts of the Rovers' fans as the goal that beat the Dingles......again !!!

But that streak of draws was the catalyst for turning our season round. That streak of draws would have been losses had Hughes not instilled a bit of steel and defensive discipline in the team.

Perhaps he felt during those games that MGP wasn't strong enough and preferred not to risk losing a point. Mark Hughes has been totally spot on with his treatement of MGP, which is proved by his recent good form.

Accept it and move on!

You're post is pretty much spot on, but it's the last line in particular that stands out.

The people who thought Pedersen shouldn't have been in the team earlier in the season are now happy he has taken his opportunity, the people who wanted him in the team in the first place should be happy he has gotten there eventually - what is the use continuing to cry over something that's in the past? The player is doing well for Blackburn Rovers in the here and now, that should be enough. rover6 getting all bent out of shape because he was denied a few sub appearances is just typical crusading on his part, mainly beacuse there was little else to moan about at the time.

Just as we seem to have found the solution to the left sided problem, I feel we should convert him to a centre forward, at least just untill the end of the season.

We can't do any worse, and he has the best scoring ratio.

Also, he has the best V0 2 max levels ohmy.gif

Good idea or fantasy?

Edited by Tony Diamond Inc

Good question- is this MGP the man to finally replace Duff- or the striker we've been looking for? I'd be tempted to keep using him as we are. I think the Beckham style comparisons are fair enough.

Who compared him to Beckham? Presumably the press? He couldn't be more different to Beckham if he tried blink.gif

Good question- is this MGP the man to finally replace Duff- or the striker we've been looking for? I'd be tempted to keep using him as we are. I think the Beckham style comparisons are fair enough.

Who compared him to Beckham? Presumably the press? He couldn't be more different to Beckham if he tried blink.gif

Hes been dubbed the 'norwegian David Beckham' for almost his whole career, think it was the Norwegian press that started that...

Hes been dubbed the 'norwegian David Beckham' for almost his whole career, think it was the Norwegian press that started that...

Do they have a few Norwegian Beckhams over there. Only this Andresen fellow we had last year was also the Norwegian Beckham.

Is he dubbed that because of how he plays or because he is a talented player who Norwegians like to have pin ups of.

Do they have a few Norwegian Beckhams over there. Only this Andresen fellow we had last year was also the Norwegian Beckham.

I havn't a clue! I imagine Beckham comparisons sell papers. They probably used to say the same thing about Lars Bohinen!!

Is he dubbed that because of how he plays or because he is a talented player who Norwegians like to have pin ups of.

Probably because he's good at free kicks. Ian Harte is the Irish David Beckham, you know...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.