BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Good Tactics

Looks like I finally found a tactic that works with ever team I have tried it with!!!

Started with the games attacking 4-5-1, then, moved around with attacking midfielders sitting deep with runs straight forward and defensive midfielders in behind. Then changed player instructions to defaults for position and changed tackling to hard and ticked close marking and counter attack. I have tried this with four teams now and came second with Rovers and won the league cup, won the league and champions league with Chelsea, came second in the Serie A with Inter and made the final of Champions League AND tried it with West Ham and was promoted. Finally starting to get somewhere!! smile.gif

The layout for Rovers looked like this.

Crespo

MGP Thompson Emerton

Savage Mokoena

Gresko Todd Amoruso Neill

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of coincidence, what is the best that anybody has done in their first season with a club? With Real Madrid, me and my friend did a league, he was Barca, and I only drew 1 game all season in teh league, and didn't lose a game. I won the champs league but lost 1 in the group stages. So has anyone else bettered that in tehir first season? Granted I was Madrdi, but what about others who have been a top Euro side?

One of the best first season clubs that isn't playing in European competition is Betis. I have played them twice and finished second in La Liga both first seasons. Both times I have only bought a couple of players, and even they weren't starters. If you play them with a 4-4-2 diamond attacking formation they have some awesome talent. My first time playing them I even lost Joaquin for about 4 months with an injury.

If playing in Italy, a 4-3-3 formation with the two wide strikers having arrows moving out toward the wings and themain striker remaining in the centre, with team instructions set to play fairly wide, works very well.

Well I'm coming towards the end of my second season in charge of the Metrostars in my little experiment with the MLS and my record so far is good.

Played 72

Won 52

Drawn 14

Lost 6

Scored 126

Conceded 34

2 league titles and 2 cups so far with the chance of 2 more league titles and another cup win to come this season, hopefully be able to get a European job soon.

I'm getting a new computer in a week or so- but have played one season on the game with Rovers on someone elses computer. I used 3-4-1-2. My starting eleven eventually settled with: Friedel - Matteo, Amoruso, Mark Jones - DePedro, Ferguson, Tugay, Thompson - Pedersen - Chiesa, Stead. I was really good at home- but pretty poor away. Finished 10th- could've been higher- but I rushed the end of the season cause I was running out of time. I found Stead started slowly- but started banging them in eventually. In 20 starts and 16 sub appearances he scored 19 goals. Ferguson was 3rd in player of the year. Think the games excellent.

Just in 2017 season (I had no Sky and Net connection for 3 months/need girlfriend/life) currently playing as Rovers Manager and third in Prem.

Im using a 3 5 2 attacking tactic using Wingbacks and a player behind the two strikers (I strongly reccomend you get Adu for this)

With this tactic I managed to pull away from the dead in my first season and keep my job and win the league in the second season with Rovers and 6 more 3 FA cups 5 League cups 2 UEFA cups and I ve won the Champions league 4 times over two stints as Rovers Manager.

Ive won League and cup and UEFA cup with Barca in spain and won League, Champions League and Italian cup with Inter.

Ive also won a World Cup and two Euro Champs with England and a Copa America with Argentina.

Biggest mistake I made was signing Adu for 10million from Rovers when I was with Inter Ive just coughed up a cool 41m to get him back.

If you are going to play over a time period like I have get Youth players and lots of them most turn out to be crap but you do find the odd Gem.

Won 10 Leagues

Won 32 Cups

Games played 816

Games Won 499

games drawn 183

games lost 134

scored 1631 (2.0 per game)

Conceded 739(0.9 per game)

Goal Diff 892

And The worst stat of all

Ive been playing

11 Days 16 hours 48 minutes

ohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gif

Edited by Seggie

Currently playing rovers with generic '442 Attacking', but move one midfielder into the DMC position:

Friedel

Neil - Mokoena - Nelsen - McEv

Savage

Emerton - Douglas - MGP

Jansen

Jansen and Douglas are by far the worst players, so I Iusually get in a new player as soon as possible. Sometimes, it is possible to buy Dagoberto in a player swap deal, or installments and he is a good Forward. As for midfielders, I try for a good player but usually have no money left. Instead I try for a good season and then pick up some free transfers at the end.

I agree that the amount of free transfers and the quality of players availble on them is very unrealistic though, and the only bad bit of the game.

I downloaded the EPL Superpack from FM Base, but wouldnt you know it, the rovers home kit is from the season before last...

Ah well, they are all out of date now aren't they?

Right- my new PC is due tonight- and I'm loading up FM version 5.05. I'm assuming Nelsen, Mokoena and Savage are at Rovers on this version. Is that right? If so- how good are Nelsen and Mokoena? Am I going to have to do the unthinkable and sell my hero Jansen cause he's rubbish on it- and has high wages?

I found Mokoena to be good. He's been one of my starting defensive pairing for a couple seasons now. Nelsen ended up being listed. Savage did a good job as the DM in the diamond. Jansen isn't bad, but can be hard to re-sign.

Half way thorugh my 6th season as manager.

Iv been the manager of Barcelona, Newcastle and now Roma.

Also been the manager of England, Czech Republic and now Portugal.

In total my teams have played 366 days and lost only 34 of these. Id say thats good going.

In 366 games my teams have score 1105 goals

LArge Database

Full English Leagues down to Conference North/South

Italian Serie A + B

Spannish 1+2

On a AMD ATHLON 2gig processer with 512 memory.

Runs at a reasonable speed

I've had to sell quite a few players at the start of the game cause they're earning more than they should be for how good they are. Jansen (25k), Flitcroft (20k), Emerton (20k), Gray (10k), Johansson (10k) and a few of the reserves have been cleared out. Still leaves me a few very high earners (Savage 48k FFS!). Anyone else bought Derek Riordan from Hibs? Can get him for about 325k- and he's looking very good for me.

LArge Database

Full English Leagues down to Conference North/South

Italian Serie A + B

Spannish 1+2

On a AMD ATHLON 2gig processer with 512 memory.

Runs at a reasonable speed

322639[/snapback]

I'm running English league down to National Conference, Italian A + B, and Spanish 1 + 2 on mine (P4 3.0ghz 1024Ram) and it absolutely flys.

I've had to sell quite a few players at the start of the game cause they're earning more than they should be for how good they are. Jansen (25k), Flitcroft (20k), Emerton (20k), Gray (10k), Johansson (10k) and a few of the reserves have been cleared out. Still leaves me a few very high earners (Savage 48k FFS!). Anyone else bought Derek Riordan from Hibs? Can get him for about 325k- and he's looking very good for me.

323317[/snapback]

Wouldn't worry too much about the wage bill at Rovers or any Prem club for a few years yet. Best tip I can give anyone sign players on Bosmans they are great you can either sign a superstar for nowt who you intend to play or sign a primadonna who will be out the door by Christmas for a fee (I signed one ended up selling for £34m).

I'm running English league down to National Conference, Italian A + B, and Spanish 1 + 2 on mine (P4 3.0ghz 1024Ram) and it absolutely flys.

As for this on average takes about a week or two for a season to be completed sad.gif

323317[/snapback]

Wouldn't worry too much about the wage bill at Rovers or any Prem club for a few years yet. Best tip I can give anyone sign players on Bosmans they are great you can either sign a superstar for nowt who you intend to play or sign a primadonna who will be out the door by Christmas for a fee (I signed one ended up selling for £34m).

As for this on average takes about a week or two for a season to be completed sad.gif

323559[/snapback]

At the moment I'm having to juggle my time between work, girlfriend, football manager and sleep. At the moment its the sleep that I'm cutting down on- but the girlfriend has been warned. smile.gif

323317[/snapback]

323559[/snapback]

At the moment I'm having to juggle my time between work, girlfriend, football manager and sleep. At the moment its the sleep that I'm cutting down on- but the girlfriend has been warned. smile.gif

323605[/snapback]

I took a week off work - Evereyone was happy

Finished my first season last night. Didn't get anywhere in the cup competitions, but managed 6th in the league to get into the UEFA cup. Only a last day 0-0 at home to Liverpool stopped me getting 5th spot. Started quite slowly, but really picked up in second half of season- winning at Anfield and Old Trafford in the same week. Derek Riordan (325k from Hibs) won Rovers player of the year and was 3rd in the overall player of the year. He's been brilliant either behind the strikers or upfront with Stead. Paul Gallagher scored 22 on loan at Leeds- and I was quite amused when his agent sent me a video asking me to make a bid for him. Enckleman became my number one, after Friedel went on International duty- and kept the shirt with a succession of 8/9/10 performances. I usually play 4-1-2-1-2 with the two in Midfield with outward pointing arrows and given a lot of "creative freedom". My first choice XI at the end of the season was- Enckleman - Matteo, Nelsen, Amoruso, Neill - Savage - Pedersen, Thompson - Riordan - L.Mokoena, Stead. Steven Reid becomes good, and I'll look to give him more games this season. The board were delighted at getting into Europe- and have given me a transfer budget of 1.9m mad.gif . My squad is as follows- and ideas where I should strengthen.

GLK:

Enckleman

Friedel

DEF:

Matteo

Amoruso

Nelsen

Neill

A.Mokoena

McEveley

Billy Jones

Vanden Borre

MID:

Savage

Pedersen

Thompson

Guarin

Bierofka

Reid

Yakin

Douglas

Tugay

FWD:

Riordan

Stead

L.Mokoena

Mathis

Dickov

Gallagher

Crespo and Zola have both turned down moves- and the wage budgets pretty tight. Yakin has been the only addition so far at 240k, but I got slightly more than that for Gresko- so my budgets still 1.9m. Thinking I possibly need a young, quick centre half- but has to be cheap. Don't want my squad to be too big, cause I want players like Guarin and Jones to get some Premiership games this season. I'm thinking one or two additions. Ideas? Also- whats the highest anyone else has finished with Rovers in the first season?

My best on FM with Rovers in my first season is 3rd. For a cheap DC I'd suggest either Naldo or Cesare Bovo. Naldo would be the cheaper one (if no one else has signed him already).

324074[/snapback]

Shall have a look at those when I get home tonight. Hopefully if I have another good season they'll start trusting me with a bit more money. They're giving me around 90/100% of revenue from transfers to spend- but don't really want to sell any of my valuable players. Alan Smiths available for just under 5m- but don't wanna sell one of my stars so I can afford him. Seems silly that I start with the club in 2m of debt- and they give me 3.3m budget, a year later with the club having 14m in the bank- they give me next to nothing. Well at least its a challenge.

My best on FM with Rovers in my first season is 3rd. For a cheap DC I'd suggest either Naldo or Cesare Bovo. Naldo would be the cheaper one (if no one else has signed him already).

324074[/snapback]

Shall have a look at those when I get home tonight. Hopefully if I have another good season they'll start trusting me with a bit more money. They're giving me around 90/100% of revenue from transfers to spend- but don't really want to sell any of my valuable players. Alan Smiths available for just under 5m- but don't wanna sell one of my stars so I can afford him. Seems silly that I start with the club in 2m of debt- and they give me 3.3m budget, a year later with the club having 14m in the bank- they give me next to nothing. Well at least its a challenge.

324118[/snapback]

Mohammed Zidan is a decent striker also would reccomend LAbinot Harbuzi and Jeremy Menez for the future, the latter has won world player of the year twice whilst playing for the Rovers!!!!!

As for my first season I escaped relegation on the last day but I won the League Cup!!!!

To win things especially with smaller clubs plan a season ahead!!!!

Where are those players at the start of the game?

324230[/snapback]

Which ones? Just search for them by name.

Managed to add one other signing to my squad- 39 year old Gianfranco Zola signed a one year deal. Think he'll be good for a year- as his technical stats are very impressive. Decided to try and bring Martin Taylor back to Rovers- as he can play anywhere across the back four- but couldn't manage to get Birmingham to accept an offer within my wage budget. Don't really want to sign anyone who isn't pushing for a first team place- but its difficult with hardly any money. Might go for that Ouaddou guy from Fulham- cause he's about all I can afford.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.