SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Semi Final

doowe

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rover.gif been to the ticket office this afternoon,we booked 16 tickets with no problems-no concessions £45 for me and junior !!!!!!!!!!! DO THE FA REALISE THE SOCCER FAN WILL TURN ROUND ONE DAY AND GIVE THE BIG VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV,S TO THEM tinykit.gif

Come next weekend Waggy and you may find that this has already begun

rover.gif well i was ###### last night when i posted,we were at the ticket office at 12 noon till 12.45 and the grand total off 5 customers bought tickets,if they bought 16 each tickets are going well but if they were buying 1 each we will be lucky to take 15k.

the most annoying thing is the ticket office were selling tickets in sections,there is obviously £25 tickets available,but they are selling in sections if your lucky enough to be at the window when a new block is opened you get lucky,SCANDALOUS tinykit.gif

Unfortunately thats the way the FA INSIST on it being sold - Arsenal are in the same boat as they dont expect to sell out.

Newcastle and United have been able to sell the full allocations so it didnt matter to them...

Unfortunately thats the way the FA INSIST on it being sold - Arsenal are in the same boat as they dont expect to sell out.

Newcastle and United have been able to sell the full allocations so it didnt matter to them...

rover.gif your not telling me the ticket office cannot sell all the £25 tickets it's blatentley ripping the fans off,how come they sold all the family stand at once?

rover.gif your not telling me the ticket office cannot sell all the £25 tickets it's blatentley ripping the fans off,how come they sold all the family stand at once?

Its all in the booklet, the FA actually wanted the club to ONLY sell the tickets in the BT stand first then move into the North Stand.

However it was agreed that fans may want to sit behind the goal - therefore when they went on sale only the North Stand (upper and lower) and the BT Stand went on sale.

The club has to sell the North Stand tickets in the specificed order, ie the side nearest the BT Stand first then moving accross.

Ridiculous it may be, but so is the game being in Cardiff, and so is the kick off time, so dont expect the FA to have any common sense about this either.

What precisely could the club do?

Whilst still ensuring the sell the tickets in the way the FA have enforced?

IMO Stu , they should have refused - what would the FA have done?

What difference does it make - if the tickets are available they should be available for purchase.

If this is the case then the fans have everyright to vent their anger and also stick the v's up and not go - and nobody can have any complaints.

It just adds another lie to the FA's bow about it all being for the fans - MY ARSE.

Maybe some of the Rovers fans calling others for not going , inc some on here may just realise now, that we are being well and truly ripped off as football fans and the FA are just a set of TOSSERS!!!!

rover.gif well said capt,i am in the fortunate position to be able to afford any price,but £45 for junior tests even my loyalty to the end.i am sick and tired off people defending the club,there are £25 tickets unsold and these should be made available tinykit.gif

Having seen some of the silly fines the FA ddish out to clubs aty lower levels who dont comply with the silly fa cup rules in the qualifying round, i dont think it is that simple.

Which is a shame really.

Although what the FA intend to do with all the empty seats that us and Arsenal give them back I dont quite know.

What difference does it make - if the tickets are available they should be available for purchase.

I suspect TV have a say in the order the tickets are sold.

Sky or the BBC don't want swathes of empty seats on view. Hence, they sell The BT Stand first which is opposite the television gantry.

Doesn't make it right of course.

I suspect TV have a say in the order the tickets are sold.

Sky or the BBC don't want swathes of empty seats on view. Hence, they sell The BT Stand first which is opposite the television gantry.

Doesn't make it right of course.

If that was the case SS -how do they go on with league games?

Its all a con because they know fans will buy the tickets.

The arrangements for this game are a joke from start to finish.

The FA, The Club, The Police and the TV companies are simply walking over us football fans and its time it came to an end.

Having just been quoted £90 for myself and my young son to go to this match (which I can afford) I am seriously considering giving it a miss.

Went to Old Trafford with a United fan and he's just been told that he's got to pay 25% more to renew his season tickets this time. He's seriously considering giving them up and seems that a few other fans are too.

Edited by Uddersfelt Blue

Sky or the BBC don't want swathes of empty seats on view. 

Empty seats!?.....Wont be able to avoid it mate,ticket office has been dead all weekend.

Once again I'll be surprised if we sell 15,000. Its all set to blow up in the greedy FA's face and quite rightly too. mad.gif

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Potentially the ticket sales will cause embarrasment for both Rovers and Arsenal. It might be a good idea if fans took to e-mailing the BBC websites, 606 etc in attempt to put forward our views before the commentators start slagging the poor attendance.

Have to agree with SG194 that 15000 will be good.

Perhaps we should all have boycotted the game, it seems thousands are registering a protest but without actively thinking about doing so?

Well said Capt.

I got my ticket for £45 plus £4 booking fee mad.gif How many supporters will weigh up whether to go to the semi, decide to go only to change their mind when they get quoted £45 for a ticket.

I can't really afford to go at £25 a ticket never mind £45 but thanks to credit card no. 5 I'll be making the trip biggrin.gif

Spot on Paul, the need for Rovers fans to stand up and be heard about the reasons for low ticket sales will become increasingly apparent in the next week or so as the media hacks sharpen their knives.

Dont let these p1llocks move the goalposts and focus the blame on our 'poor support' to save the FA's face.Like I say they've cocked it up big time and its come back to bite them on the arse because of their greedy ways.

Errrrrrrrr hold on!......did I just say 'rovers fans standing up for themselves' unsure.gif

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Potentially the ticket sales will cause embarrasment for both Rovers and Arsenal. It might be a good idea if fans took to e-mailing the BBC websites, 606 etc in attempt to put forward our views before the commentators start slagging the poor attendance.

Have to agree with SG194 that 15000 will be good.

Perhaps we should all have boycotted the game, it seems thousands are registering a protest but without actively thinking about doing so?

Where would a boycott have got us? The money that the FA would have lost would've been no more than a drop in the water to them. A no show on our part would do nothing but discredit Rovers and make the club look badly supported. Far from backing us up and broadcasting our reasoning publically, the media would've slaughtered us.

Hands are tied this time I'm afraid.

Being treated like a paying customer and a decent human being instead of some scum bag animal, would be a nice way to go as well - I aim this comment at a number of specific grounds, such as Goodison, St Andrews, St Mary's and Villa Park to name a few. Some leg room would be nice - again Goodison and also Old Trafford.

I would also like to say the good service I have received at Spurs, West Brom, Loftus Road, St James' (even if it is up in the gods and the Walkers Stadium makes it almost worthwhile.