SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Semi Final

doowe

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll almost certainly be playing on the 17th. The BBC get first pick of the semi's and I can't see them picking us whoever we draw - and the BBC's game will be on Saturday night.

We'll be on Sky (4pm) on the Sunday I think.

We'll almost certainly be playing on the 17th. The BBC get first pick of the semi's and I can't see them picking us whoever we draw - and the BBC's game will be on Saturday night.

We'll be on Sky (4pm) on the Sunday I think.

Exactly what I said after the match. The only slim chance for the Saturday is if we draw ManUre.

So who do we want in the semi-finals ?

The preference, of course, is Newcastle, and the chance to wipe the smile off the face of Souness and the legions of Geordie fans.

But the cynical view is that the television companies want a United-Arsenal final and the draw will be fixed so that we meet for one of those two.

I'll pick United - their pressing attacking style suits the way we play soaking up pressure and hitting teams on the break.

I don't think we'll win no matter who we play. I suppose though in order

Newcastle

Manchester United

Arsenal

Though I think United are in the best form of the lot I think they are less likely to simply turn it on and give us no chance like Arsenal might and that we stand a fighting chance. I don't know, pleased we are there, just wish there was another easier team in the hat to look at and wish for. Oh well, great to be the only small team left, if we only win 3 or 4 games this season I'd be over the moon if two were in the cup

But the cynical view is that the television companies want a United-Arsenal final and the draw will be fixed so that we meet for one of those two.

More than likely!

I think last season's WC semi draw was very dodgy.

Well its a 67% chance of us meeting one of them, so I wouldnt call it match fixing if it was to happen...

Anyway, isn't the draw live on tv?

More than likely!

I think last season's WC semi draw was very dodgy.

Seeing as the last two times they were in the semi's together they have drawn each other I find it hard to understand how people believe this is likely.

Yes but people will always have the theories that certain balls or heated or some other reason. Probably is right sometimes.

Hot balls? Ouch ;-)

I tried very hard to phrase that in a way that no one would manage to make vulgar in any way, sadly couldn't manage it. biggrin.gif

Probably not that bad. We'll have what 25-30k? I'm just guessing there. So the tickets will go on general admission I'd say, you could do it. If not get someone from the board to pick one up for you.

Hope so! I know we still have to play one more game to reach the final, but I would definitely make the trip over if I could get a ticket. It wouldn't cost over the odds either.

Plane tickets: £100

2 nights at hotell: £100 - £120

Tickets for the game: £40-60

Total of: £240- £280

Can't think of anything better to spend that amount of money on! tinykit.gif

21st May. The day after I fly out to Barcelona.

What do you reckon the chances are of a lad from Norway getting a ticket for that one? rover.gif

Tickets for a flight to Barcelona? Shouldn't be too difficult to get hold of ;-)

I'm away in the Caribbean for the final. If we get there I'll be gutted to miss it, but I suppose if I'm going to miss it that's one of the better places to be :-)

Is there anywhere particularly in Cardiff that group members/fans generally are going to arrange to meet up before the semi?

Glad I booked my hotels last week.

Now just to discover which night to cancel.....fingers crossed for the Sunday match......

Booked our hotel after the game today.

We'll have to organise a m/b meet up in Cardiff.

Can't wait for the semi's.

I'm going for the cheapest tickets possible in the ground. I'm not bothered which date the game is on and I really don't care who we get drawn.

If we want to win the FA CUP we've got to beat whoever comes in our way.

Edited by roversismylife

Funny thing is that the semi is really our final - it would be out of this world to win the Cup - but in money terms just getting to the final and qualifying for Europe will do nicely.

I have a funny feeling that we will stop Shearer getting an FA Cup Winners medal - don't know whether it will be in the final or the semi - but it all seems set up biggrin.gif