Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Semi Final

doowe

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid it is written in the stars.

The final will be Rovers vs Newcastle, although nobody will notice us as it will be billed as the first time Newcastle will win a trophy in 500 years, with Geordie skipper Alan "Geordie" Shearer lifting the hallowed trophy on his last ever game for Newcastle. Ever. No definitetly. Ever.

Until, that is, in a tightly fought final, in the last minute, Pedersen hits a cross over that bounces off Titus Bramble's outstretched hoof, hits Stead on the @rse and flies past Given to give Rovers the cup. And the hatred of the nation for ruining the script. biggrin.gif

Remember, you heard it here first...

we have the ability to get up arsenals skin, they dont like that, they like to be given space for their fancy dans

we could grind out a result, but if we do go through, please god its not against newcastle

im going away with the local football team (who all support newcastle) as we do ever year cup final weekend to glasgow.

Arsenal. Not the best draw, but should be a good game. Think we have a good chance of reaching the final.

Eh? blink.gif

Could only have drawn 2 other teams who would have been just as hard and IMO are harder to beat.

Personally , I feel Arsenal could be there for the taking especially with the way we are playing at the moment.

Saturday should give us a fair reflection hopefully.

SKy just had Winterburn on about 2 minutes after draw to comment....I hope that rovers players were watching...I wondered how long it'd be before they came out of the woodwork, saying that its all over before the game...blah blah blah....

Everyone was secretly hoping for Blackburn etc......

Well let me tell em....We won't allow them to play their football...we'll kick, bite and brawl and we'll do everything we can to whup your sorry arses....Dickov to score winner from spot in 92nd minute..

COME ON THE BLUES......AND LETS BREAK THE DECIBLE RECORD SET BY LIVERPOOL THE OTHER WEEK............................

Newcastle would have been best but the main job was to avoid ManUre at this stage in their current form.

This isn't bad at all. Take Henry out of the equation and Arsenal look decidedly average at the mo by their usual high standards.

Should be a fascinating contest with our new found "Hard to beatability"

smile.gif

And Souness won't even reach the final. biggrin.giflaugh.gif

Interesting draw, but we beat them 4-0 in the Quarter Final's of the Worthington Cup a few seasons ago. Ach sure we'll settle for 2-0 this time around.

laugh.giflaugh.gif

We dont have Matty to score a hatrick this time though

sky have set it up now aint they with winterburns ranting about a final versus manure !

Rovers should play that tape before the game on Saturday to wind the players up.

The Axe should fell reyes and lyungberg.

todd should goat bergkamp

dickov should be able to wind toure up and emo must have a go at cole/clichy

set up nicely aint it

oh yes and flitty to knock viera out !!

not too much to ask

thumbs-up.gif

As Bolton have shown on numerous occasions, if you defend well you can score against arsenal. If only we had a top quality striker leading the line, we would be a completely different prospect.

Yeah that Kevin Davies is awesome!

We have no reason to fear Arsenal, I'd rather face them than either Newcastle or Man U at the moment. We keep a clean sheet and we win the game, simple as that because their defence is poor and we'll put them under a lot of physical pressure which they hate.

Its also good that we've got the next three games to really prepare ourselves against top quality opposition.

Arsenal 0 - 1 Rovers

Dickov (72)

COME ON YOU BLUES!

Edited by Kennys Magic Hat

sky have set it up now aint they with winterburns ranting about a final versus manure !

Rovers should play that tape before the game on Saturday to wind the players up.

The Axe should fell reyes and lyungberg.

todd should goat bergkamp

dickov should be able to wind toure up and emo must have a go at cole/clichy

set up nicely aint it

oh yes and flitty to knock viera out !!

not too much to ask

thumbs-up.gif

What can Savage do??

Lend Pires some of his shampoo?

Arsenal I feel as some other memebers have said, was the best possible draw we could have hoped for at this stage. Newcastle yesterday won their 7th game on the trot and Man Utd have been in senstalating form over the last few months. Yet, Arsenal have just dipped with the Bayern Munich away game epitomising their poor form.

However, I think that the deciding games will be those at Man Utd away and Arsenal away. If we can muster something and get results with a good, solid, organised defensive display with a lingering attack presence in the form of Pedersen and Dickov, than there is no reason why we cant get a result.

Everton away epitomises the type of display needed against albeit a far superior team. Yet, if the foundations are there, we can at least make a good account of ourselves.

Anyway, Souness and Shearer will have ultimately beaten us and we never beat Utd so there laugh.gif

As Bolton have shown on numerous occasions, if you defend well you can score against arsenal. If only we had a top quality striker leading the line, we would be a completely different prospect.

Yeah that Kevin Davies is awesome!

COME ON YOU BLUES!

I wasnt saying Kevin Davis is awsome sarcy, were probly around the same level going forward as bolton now, but if we had a quality striker we would be at a different level.

Edited by benhben