BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Semi Final

doowe

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF WE SHALL BE PLAYING ON THE SATURDAY OR SUNDAY?

Not known yet, have to wait and see who the TV companies pick, most probably sunday though.

I thinks it be a saturday. Sky are going to pick what THEY consider to be the biggest game. I think that be man utd/newcastle (also i don't think Sky have shown man utd yet in the cup this year). And sky will show the sunday 4pm game, with bbc showing the saturday 5.15 game (times for yesterdays program).

pleased with the draw, could have been man utd whcih would have been worse.

what odds rovers/newcastle final?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the very best of luck for your semi, i really hope you stuff the gooners and would love a nufc v rovers final!!

from a selfish point of view a shearer winner with his last kick in football to break  Wor Jackies record would be the stuff dreams are made of, well as i said best of luck and STUFF THEM!

and lets make it great weekend

oh any chance of a lift to the final!  wink.gif

paddyk - What's your opinion of the Semi's being at Cardiff?

rovers will be sat, because we have european match on thurs unsure.gif

i dislike the semi final at cardiff idea it takes the shine off thefinal, i remember we played chelsea in a semi at wembly a few years back, and its not the same, the whole cup final thing is special, i have been to 2 finals and they are fantastic, but the FA want to make there money so why not take the ###### out of us fans, i would have thought safety would have been a issue!! 4 sets of fans in cardiff over 1 weekend, i know whoever plays on saturday will have fans planning a overnight stay, in the same way sunday teams might have fans staying on sat also

ahh well never mind!

i never though i would say this but......come on u rovers rover.gif

Well Leicester must play a Championship game tomorrow, despite being only 2 days after the game against us.

But Newcastle are a 'big' team so the rules may be different for them. Not that im complaining, it would be so much easier playing on a Saturday

Just checked UEFA website and noticed that should Newcastle get to the last 8 (which they surely will) the second leg of their UEFA cup quarter final will be played on 14th April (Thursday).

Surely this will mean that their semi will have to be on the Sunday.

hope so....little lad has school day after but me and his mum aint talking so .....togh ###### if its sunday hee hee.

we walked home after foxes game and he started chuckling...i said what you laughing at son....he said,yknow when you said rovers hadnt been in a fa cup semi final whilst you have been living .....yes io replied he said well ive only waited 6 years......

6 years old and off to cardiff ,you know he turned away when dickov tookj the pen laugh.gif

just for the record and exclusive to this board only

sky and bbc have NOT decided on which games they are showing on their respective channels.

The FA/Sky and BBC are in negotiation due to the fact that manure have some rights to their Asian tv coverage. However at this time it very much looks like Rovers will play on Saturday evening.

It seems that man ure DO have a lot of influence where tv coverage is concerned.

I'm sure Channel 4 news said our game was on the Saturday, but I can't find it confirmed on-line anywhere. Not even the FA website.

Anyone know if the London Branch will be booking any train tickets in bulk? (I say this while pulling splinters out of my back from being in the woodword over the last couple of months... rolleyes.gif )

Well Leicester must play a Championship game tomorrow, despite being only 2 days after the game against us.

But Newcastle are a 'big' team so the rules may be different for them. Not that im complaining, it would be so much easier playing on a Saturday

all teams in uefa cup play there next games on sundays FACT!

UNLESS they play when they are told to play !

the TV Companies with the FA will decide WHICH games they show and in WHICH order.

You can look back through history when teams have had successfult cup runs and inherited fixture congestion that has resuklted in them playing mon wed and sat. On this occasion Newcastle will have no say in it whatsoever should the tv company showing their match decide it is going to be Saturday.

This is the FA Cup, the FA will not bow to the fact that one of the teams has a midweek game

Plus, there appears to be no accomodation left in Cardiff for the Saturday whereas I've found somewhere for £50 for the sunday

Also I think Sunday would be better in Cardiff, more chilled as most of the Mancs and Geordies would have gone home, whereas Saturday will be murder with all 4 sets of fans there. Bound to be Saturday isn't it?

Two questions:

1. Who is the dolt, Philip Cornhole @ F365?

'while rovers' look at best another Southampton.' and

'Both Blackburn and ....... were lucky on Sunday......'

save your time-don't read the rest.

what a prat.

2. So the big, tattooe'd fat breasted supporter was

a Leicester supporter? Do we have anything that resembles that?

Im praying its on the Saturday, far better for work reasons as i dont fancy driving home and queing for hours on the sunday.

plus, i have just booked 3 rooms in Cardiff for the 15th and 16th, so can enjoy a few beers on the saturday. biggrin.gif

I'm sure Channel 4 news said our game was on the Saturday, but I can't find it confirmed on-line anywhere. Not even the FA website.

Anyone know if the London Branch will be booking any train tickets in bulk? (I say this while pulling splinters out of my back from being in the woodword over the last couple of months... rolleyes.gif )

Not sure but if they are. let me know ! as I'll be going down, just not sure what date yet

Two questions:

1. Who is the dolt, Philip Cornhole @ F365?

'while rovers' look at best another Southampton.' and

'Both Blackburn and ....... were lucky on Sunday......'

save your time-don't read the rest.

what a prat.

I gave up on Football 365 years ago. Just another set of journos incapable of looking beyond the 'big three' (plus Spurs too, as it's a site set up by Danny Kelly). And they refer to Man U as 'Man Yoo'. Hilarious!