BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Semi Final

doowe

The FA must be realising that four clubs into one city doesn't go. I don't remember the need for this delay and a meeting of the four clubs concerned, when the semi's were played in different places.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However the rumour is ( and in reality that is all the 12 Saturday kick off is) that South Wales police have belatedly chirped up that they dont want 4 sets of fans in cardiff on the same night (ie after the first tie).  im not sure how the situation is any different now to when it was first mooted around a year ago, but thats the very unofficial line.

It wouldn't totally suprise me to find that it wasn't even mooted to the South Wales police force when the decision was made.

Gotta say that the more I think about it the more the FA's thought processes seem to be based on total lunacy. Not enough hotels by half, those with rooms charging a kings ransom, inadequate roads and transport services, pubs filled well beyond legal limits ( and Cardiffs very own are hardly shrinking violets are they?).

The prospects of spending Sat night in Cardiff city centre becomes increasingly daft. I wonder how big their local hospitals casualty dept is? sad.gif

And all this just to sqeeze every last penny out of Joe Public to help pay for the excesses of the corporate monolith that they are currently building in North London! Kinda sad that 75% of contributions will come from 200+ miles away in the spiritual heartlands of English football who should have been better considered by choosing a site in the midlands. ......Ooooh err Im in severe danger of talking myself out of going........... sad.gif

Dont know if it has been mentioned but we will be playing on the Saturday because Newcastle will be playing in the UEFA cup the Thursday before so they will have to play Sunday.

Again dont know if mentioned previously but the semis are at cardiff because the FA have a contract with the Millenium stadium where they will have a set number of games their, however will the new Wemberly been compleated a year earlier then expected the FA still need to fulfill that contract hence the semis of the FA cup been played at Cardiff.

Edited by Jordan

I've heard that mentioned too Jordan. Wasn't sure how accurate the information was though, is it fact?

Just been on 5 live they also say the kick off will be lunch time because they dont fans to be able to get home on the saturday rather then having to stay as they carnt get home, hoping then that on the Sunday there will only be a handfull of Rovers fans and Gooners around Cardiff.

Catch up Jordan, this was all reported yesterday mate!!

I started to read through but couldnt be bothered so thought i would post it anyway.

Carnt wait for that weekend its going to be a good do!!

Saturday night in Bristol will be mad!!!

The more I hear about these cup semi's the more mad I get. I hope this boycott talk heats up. No doubt the press will be all over it and the FA may wilt. I seriously doubt that fans will actually go through with it but a bit of grass roots activism would be welcome in this situation.

I'm glad that Paul raised the issue that we want a neutral ground, and the purported 45000 only should also help this. Villa Park is perfect for both teams. A decent sized ground half way between the two. Old Trafford would get Arsenal's backs up. Elland Road is perfect for the other tie.

To add to the train times; seeing as the only train from Blackburn goes through Picadilly, how many Manc's will get on it? Get to Cardiff for an all dayer watching the semi in a nice pub, soaking up the atmosphere.

We need to keep harrassing the media/authorities to see what we can do. Are there any other boards/supporters associations on this too? It would be nice to hear from them.

speeeeeeedie

I have posted on Boards for the other 3 to see what sort of reaction

Have registered for the Red Issue but not had confirmation for Access yet

The IMUSA are cetainly taking issue with it but for teams like MU and Newcastle for those that don't go there will be others who take their place - unlike us, as with what we have seen at home if somebody doesn't go its very unlikely we will have the numbers to fill the places. MU have the numbers regardless and Newcastle being geordies will just go anyway

Arsenals fans would appear to be more peeved now with all the mention of the 12 noon kick off

imo the manure and arse fans will be up for the boycott, but then they are used to cardiff rolleyes.gif rovers will sell out and like you said we will turn up, caught some of talksport (or talksh*t wink.gif ) and a manc was on saying how they will boycott and the geordies will boycott! next call was a fellow geordie who asked if utd boycotted could we have the extra tickets! tongue.gif

i would sell my grannie for a semi ticket, the "big" clubs can do what the hell they want but we'll be there mad.gif

oh yeah if we get to the final my other grannie will be on Ebay wink.gif

toon v rovers final PPPPPLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSEEEEEEEE

If the game is a kick off at 12pm it's going to be one hell of a struggle for all fans, both us and Arsenal, especially Arsenal.

How they can just go straight along the M4 - you on the other hand have to do M6/M5 and then either the M4 or go down the M50.

To be fair Flopsy, when we played Spurs last time. It took 3 hours to get out of Cardiff before the Spurs fans went their way and we went ours.

I'm not too sure how they want all the fans to get to Cardiff. I've just looked at train times for the sunday (i know we'll probably play on the Saturday, but still). And from Manchester there is 1 train going to Cardiff, and 0 coming back (unless you count the one that will take 7 hours!).

From the FA letter:

Travel time to and from games has been a major cause of complaint for

both these venues so it is not something that is exclusive to the

Millennium Stadium.

Maybe so, but whilst Cardiff may be more central its a lot lot harder to get in an out of than Manchester for example.

On "granada tonight", they were discussing the merits, or otherwise, of playing the semi's at Cardiff.

The male presenter [can't remember his name] said rovers fans would just go and enjoy the day, but United's fans had to take into account the prospect of two visits and the subsequent cost!

The more I read and talk to fans of other clubs the more I think that the FA is heading for big trouble with these big games. Maybe in future the attraction of the New Wembley will redeem them but its about time they faced up to reality, there are limits to how much expense and inconvenience the average fan will put up with. Maybe it needs fans of a big club like Man U to make a stand on this.

OK many of us have spent far too much money and effort on supporting our team over the years but we do it because we like and enjoy it.

Once fans stop enjoying these occasions then the game as we know it will wither.

Time for the football authorities to realise this before their golden goose is dead.

My brother has booked for Friday night and Saturday night at a hotel in cardiff. The landlady said quite openly that the cost for a double room is normally £40 but she is charging £130 per night and a single is £100. This is outrageous and has made my mind up about not staying in Cardiff. The whole thing is a total rip-off and should be challenged. I shall go to the game on the day by a Rovers organised coach.

We can all complain and bitch about the venue for the semi final but Blackburn Rovers have not been in this position for 45yrs and we should look at the tie as a once in a lifetime experience.

You offer the likes of WestBrom, Norwich, Palace etc the same opportunity and they'd have 30,000 in Cardiff for the game.

The Blackburn public need to understand that this is an FA Cup semi final, they need to support the club, sadly i doubt many of the spoon fed pre Jack Walker fans have the inclination or desire to follow the team to Cardiff and thats just a fact we have to live with. If we'd not had the money injection we might not have had this opportunity, but bet your bottom dollar we'd have filled 35,000 for the semi final if we'd got the chance.

We've enjoyed the ride, but it does have its drawbacks............. sad.gif

I tell you what - write us off everyone - do it go on - all the pressure's taken off us and put on Arsenal - they must win they're the favorites - we have no hope our players go out with no fear, and all the articles calling us cludgers/bullies/boring/dull/no hopers pinned on the dressing room wall.

anyone remember what happened last time we were written off before a trip to the millenium stadium?

(Please don't use that word again) em lets go and show how proper fans enjoy the Fa cup.

We can all complain and bitch about the venue for the semi final but Blackburn Rovers have not been in this position for 45yrs and we should look at the tie as a once in a lifetime experience.

It maybe a one off but it doesn't eliminate the fact that it's crap in terms of geography, logistics and expense. sad.gif

You offer the likes of WestBrom, Norwich, Palace etc the same opportunity and they'd have 30,000 in Cardiff for the game.

The Blackburn public need to understand that this is an FA Cup semi final, they need to support the club, sadly i doubt many of the spoon fed pre Jack Walker fans have the inclination or desire to follow the team to Cardiff and thats just a fact we have to live with. If we'd not had the money injection we might not have had this opportunity, but bet your bottom dollar we'd have filled 35,000 for the semi final if we'd got the chance.

We are treating as a once in a lifetime experience Gav. It's just that this particular once in a lifetime experience is starting to become a real pain in the arse to get to. We've every right to complain. The fans are just getting shafted over and over again. Where do we draw the line.

After saying that I'll be there (I've calmed down a bit since this afternoon biggrin.gif ) but I'll still be angry if it's a noon kick-off.

You're continual slagging of the "new" fans does nothing to promote the support at Rovers. And you'll be the first to post on here when we get low crowds. Why are you so bitter?

We are treating as a once in a lifetime experience Gav. It's just that this particular once in a lifetime experience is starting to become a real pain in the arse to get to. We've every right to complain. The fans are just getting shafted over and over again. Where do we draw the line.

After saying that I'll be there (I've calmed down a bit since this afternoon biggrin.gif ) but I'll still be angry if it's a noon kick-off.

You're continual slagging of the "new" fans does nothing to promote the support at Rovers. And you'll be the first to post on here when we get low crowds. Why are you so bitter?

Spot on.

Wouldnt miss it for the world. But it doesnt take away the fact that to get that far 12noon is a right royal pain in the arse. If its 5.15 or 4 o clock or even god forbid 3pm I'd have no problem, but 12 o clock that far away? Farce.

But no doubt I'll be there, might have to bring two small monsters with me, but what a first match that would be!!!

Surely Gav was slagging-off the older support by his use of the term "pre Jack Walker" - if he meant the new support he would've used the term "post Jack Walker".

Think he meant to say post-Jack Walker fans Eddie wink.gif

Otherwise it's the first time I have heard Rovers fans before Jack Walker described as having been spoon-fed! Think the chairman Bill Fox had to pawn the club spoons a few times in the eighties biggrin.gif