SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Semi Final

doowe

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the Worthington Cup Final in 2002, we travelled down on the A49 from the M56 above Northwich, via Shrewsbury, via Hereford to Ross on Wye which is only one hour north east of Cardiff. Basically runs parallel to the M6 and M5 but obviously further to the west. A good, fast and scenic route with no holdups. Will be doing the same again.

Just to cap it off, on the Friday evening the M6 Southbound is due to be closed for 7 hours from 2200 junctions 29 - 23.

This is another pointer in the match scenario re time/date etc.

blink.gif

Have you a link for this, i have been on the dept of transport website and it says that all work around J22 will be finished by easter. Or is just it a wind up? (in which case it worked)

We are happy to be there and will enjoy it, plus we don't have the weight, who would listen to us?

Ah speeeeeedie...

That's why I took the liberty of contacting the IMUSA - just waiting to see if they reply at the moment.

Anyway gave them a link to here

Just to update - I got a reply from IMUSA

'Stuart

Yes we have had a few of those. Thanks for contacting us its nice to know we have wider support. I had a mail from some one who was trying to set up a Blackburn ISA, did it ever happen?

FYI a little bird tells me your semi may be switched to Villa Park on the Sunday.

Mark'

I have mailed back re the ISA and the source

FYI a little bird tells me your semi may be switched to Villa Park on the Sunday.

Funny, these rumours about Villa park, they also 'heard a rumour' that we had already asked for only 20,000.

What a load of tosh.

Funny, these rumours about Villa park, they also 'heard a rumour' that we had already asked for only 20,000.

What a load of tosh.

I was under the impression that we had only asked for an initial allocation of 20,000 - if we took more we would have to pay for them apparently.

Could all be total rollocks.

Can't be doing with all this indecision, I've just provisionally booked a one night stay on the Saturday night which won't be any good to me if the game's at midday.

It's not like the game's have only just been arranged is it?

Funny about the 20,000 tickets rumour, but JW last night on the radio said Rovers would have about 30 to 35,000 tickets for the semi.And any Rovers fan who wants a ticket will get one.

Im happy with that, While some will moan that you have to set off early, there is also the plus that you will get back at a reasonable hour. Should be back for around 6 or 7.

Hotels booked for the friday so cant wait!

Well I won't be staying on the Saturday night, can't get a room anyway. Spoils it really as I was looking forward to a cracking day/night out.

Now to see what the trains are like from Reading. Quite good hopefully.

Edited by Biddy