Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Semi Final

doowe

Cassez-vous FA les putains

Break the FA whores ??

blink.gifblink.gif

surely, something lost in the translation??? smile.gif

er...not quite.

That's the trouble with word for word translations.

In essence, it means (excuse my language) "f*** yourselves you whores"

but putains is used frequently.

On that note, you could also say "va te faire foutre"

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 days + Bank hols

I get that many, but for most of us it isnt SOLELY the leave. Thats what you are missing. Most members on here have one OR MORE of the following concerns....

1) Work

2) Partner

3) Kids

4) Public Transport (or rather lack of)

5) Cost

6) Hotel

7) Where to park?

8) Physical time to get there, park, get into the cenrte of Cardiff.........All by bloody lunchtime?

The FA fans charter makes interesting reading.

1) Work – If possible take leave – If not look at taking unpaid leave as this is a one off occasion.

2) Partner – Tell her to come. The more people in our end, the better.

3) Kids – Problem il agree. This one Is hard work for most. If possible though, take them to the game.

4) Public Transport (or rather lack of) – The words in the bracket say it all. However there will be coaches going from the ground, pubs, supporters clubs and also planes going to Cardiff airport surely?

5) Cost – Hotel (£45 per room – half if you share with someone), Ticket £25, Car with 4 people (£15 each for petrol) – So really before you have any drinks or food or wotever you want to buy. It could cost you as little as £65

6) Hotel – There are places available, the effort and time just has to be put in. Cancellations will come available now the dates have been confirmed.

7) Where to park? – Lots of car parks around the ground. May cost you a fiver or so.

8) Physical time to get there, park, get into the cenrte of Cardiff.........All by bloody lunchtime? – I agree time is a pain, but I don’t think its too bad. Like iv said before, at least you will get home at a sensible hour, rather than 1 or 2 in the morning.

I am only trying to drum up support. Just trying to push a few fans into maybe going that are thinking of not bothering.

I just hope rovers fans buy as many tickets as possible. It would be embarrassing to have something like 15,000 fans there

Keep hoping Hughsey as this could well be the scenario now and not just from Rovers fans

I just hope rovers fans buy as many tickets as possible. It would be embarrassing to have something like 15,000 fans there

Keep hoping Hughsey as this could well be the scenario now and not just from Rovers fans

Maybe Arsenal will take a small amount but i doubt it.

With Newcastle and Man U, they will have no problem selling out. Geordies are fanatics, no matter where it is. Man United can boycott all they want, but there other fans will just snap up the tickets

Maybe Arsenal will take a small amount but i doubt it.

Have you seen what the Arsenal fans are saying?

Probably won't take as many as they would somewhere else which certainly puts a dampener of the lies that are coming from the FA

Get it into your head - this is not in the interest of the fans which is what people are complaining about.

Just have a feeling that our semi could be won by the Pubs now.

Anyone who who is thinking of going, bring a few friends, cos we sure as hell aint gonna sell out at that ridiculus kick off time. The thing that has me scratching my head is just WHY the need for 12.15? Ok sure if were playing burnley then sure i can see the reason for it. But who gives a damn about arsenal there will be no trouble whatsoever. Typical of the FA, an appalling wake up time for everyone, and i hate waking up early mad.gif

Still i'll be there i might bring my entire extended family and friends and perhaps their family to. Im sure there will be enough tickets to go around wink.gif

Flying in from Belfast to see this one. Rovers in an FA Cup semi final cant be missed. However I do understand how wrong the kick off time is. Either a Friday night stay or a very early wake up call for all of you who live in and around Blackburn. Cmon you Rovers! biggrin.gif

Hughesy, that's a lot easier said than done.

It's going to be hard for any Arsenal or Rovers fan to get there in enough time.

I would love to go down the night before, soak in the atmosphere, but I can't afford it, simple as. The day itself is going to cost a lot and I can't afford added on extras.

I'm going to find a way to get to Cardiff, I have no idea what time the official coaches will set off, so until that's decided I'll wait and see if I can get there.

If not I'll get the train to Cardiff, but it's going to be a struggle for everyone for different reasons.

And there's no chance we'll sell out.

First time for 45 years....the extra bit of effort is required.

Think how much money you'll save on Friday evening!

To play Norwich in the Cup away in 1965 the Coach left Foundry Hill at 11pm the previous night, and those that went still remember it.

30 days + Bank hols

I get that many, but for most of us it isnt SOLELY the leave. Thats what you are missing. Most members on here have one OR MORE of the following concerns....

1) Work

2) Partner

3) Kids

4) Public Transport (or rather lack of)

5) Cost

6) Hotel

7) Where to park?

8) Physical time to get there, park, get into the cenrte of Cardiff.........All by bloody lunchtime?

The FA fans charter makes interesting reading.

1) Work – If possible take leave – If not look at taking unpaid leave as this is a one off occasion.

2) Partner – Tell her to come. The more people in our end, the better.

3) Kids – Problem il agree. This one Is hard work for most. If possible though, take them to the game.

4) Public Transport (or rather lack of) – The words in the bracket say it all. However there will be coaches going from the ground, pubs, supporters clubs and also planes going to Cardiff airport surely?

5) Cost – Hotel (£45 per room – half if you share with someone), Ticket £25, Car with 4 people (£15 each for petrol) – So really before you have any drinks or food or wotever you want to buy. It could cost you as little as £65

6) Hotel – There are places available, the effort and time just has to be put in. Cancellations will come available now the dates have been confirmed.

7) Where to park? – Lots of car parks around the ground. May cost you a fiver or so.

8) Physical time to get there, park, get into the cenrte of Cardiff.........All by bloody lunchtime? – I agree time is a pain, but I don’t think its too bad. Like iv said before, at least you will get home at a sensible hour, rather than 1 or 2 in the morning.

I am only trying to drum up support. Just trying to push a few fans into maybe going that are thinking of not bothering.

Hughesy, can I come and live in your land?

Unpaid leave? When did that become an entitlement?

Bring my kids? Yeah smashing idea a 16 month old running around Cardiff. double the journey length and remove any element of enjoyment for me and mrs stuwilky (shell be coming anyway).

Like I say Im going, wouldnt miss it for the world. But if you want to come and make my arrangements for me that would be great.

You appear to be right royally missing the point. Half those problems would disappear with just a sensible kick off time in CArdiff. Most would disappear with a sensible kick off time in a sensible venue.

Thats the point.

Apparently the reason for the 12.15 is not to stop people drinking beforehand but because the alternative time of 5.15 would mean that if it goes to penalties etc then you have 70,000 people trying to get home at past 8 or 9pm.

Now I look at it, it doesn't make much sense but that comes from someone who was at the meeting to decide (and yes I have given him an earful!)

I know the kick off time is stupid. But a lot of you do sound very spoilt. Most clubs would watch their team play in Cardiff at 4 in the morning if they had the chance.

It's nowt to do with being spoiled.

It's just so bloody annoying because it doesn't need to be like this.

. But a lot of you do sound very spoilt. Most clubs would watch their team play in Cardiff at 4 in the morning if they had the chance.

Youe missing the point though. Sure if we were playing burnley then i can see the reason for it. In reality we are being made wake up very early or stay over night, FOR NO GOOD REASON WHATSOEVER. Just for the sake of it, they have made it a 12.15 kick thats what is annoying people. Its the frustration of knowing that is could so easily be a 4pm kick off.

Apparently the reason for the 12.15 is not to stop people drinking beforehand but because the alternative time of 5.15 would mean that if it goes to penalties etc then you have 70,000 people trying to get home at past 8 or 9pm.

Now I look at it, it doesn't make much sense but that comes from someone who was at the meeting to decide (and yes I have given him an earful!)

Just shows what a cock it has been from the beginning because there has been no mention of the 12-15 Kick off until the draw was made.

How many more lies can come out of the Sweet FA.

Its all a load of bollux - they wanted to show MU on TV at the 5-15 kick off and don't give an flying figurerine about the fans.

There is absolutely no reason why these games have to be played in Cardiff.

They could both easily have been played on a Saturday 3pm KO without live TV coverage or at 5-15 at other more convenient venues or Sunday for that matter.

Its all lies!. ..... lies! lies! and damn lies I tell you!!!!!!

Mother feurklin Tashism Sweet FA

I just cant believe they have put it at 12.15. this surely alone will put thousands of fans off, not the loyal rovers fans like you and I would would go whatever the time, but certainly some of the floaters who just attend the "big games".

Having been at Anfield last night, looking at the pathetic numbers we took there -this game could make us more of a laughing stock than we already are.

still, i have my hotel booked on the friday and saturday in cardiff, so i expect i am one of the lucky ones. smile.gif

It will not make us a laughing stock if we only take 15000 fans down. Other supporters will join with us in condemning this stupid decision. It appears now that the Uefa Cup has more clout than the FA Cup and Newcastle "have to play on Sunday". 12.15 kickoffs are a turn off at the best of times; why play a semi then? I will be there hopefully with my son but he does have an evening job and may not wish to travel now. We left Ewood on the last coach out for the Carling Final at 8a.m. so if its a seven hour journey then we are looking at a 5 a.m. start. This will not attract the casual fan.

its an absolute disgrace, the FA in the infinite wisdom have shafted the fans of all clubs big style.

Why can the Rovers game not kick off at 2pm ?

1215 does give massive travel problems. from lancs it means a 4am set off just to ensure that you reach cardiff by around 1000 as there is no way you will get parking anywhere near the ground.

They have shone themselves to be incompetent, useless,irritating and selfish. they have given the fans of both Arsenal and BRFC no consideration at all, let alone making the Geordies travel down on a Sunday morning with a furhter 200 miles than most of us.

I have emailed the FA outling my disgust, I have emailed the ch con of the welosh dibble again outlining my disgust cause if we are to believe the FA its their decision. Truth will out somewhere. mad.gif

The solution seems simple to me. Kick Off at 3:00 and don't bloody televise the match. Duh done deal. Won't happen though will it. Surely there is a budding reporter soemwhere would like to have a go at the FA in the papers for selling out it's fans. The game is dying and our very own governing body is the one that is supplying the poison.

Could someone also explain to me what bearing Newcastles game had on the scheduling of our FA CUp semis, I for one just do not understand that one.

Edited by USABlue