Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Semi Final

doowe

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can vouch for the above.

For the Worthy final I avoided the motorways and approached Cardiff down the valleys from the north (came through Caerphilly I think). Went home the same way. No problems at all.

Parked in the city centre near the university right outside a pleasant pub and only five minutes walk from the ground.

Thank you you two for ensuring that our little secret is no more! tongue.gif I stayed for the presentation and a bit, dropped the wife and kids off at home and still got back to the West View by 9.30. thumbs-up.gif And we weren't the first back to the pub either!

ps I seem to rem undertaking some ancient nissan sunny parked in the outside lane at high speed too! It probably caused severe delays for some of the people leaving later . rover.gif

Sydney Rovers Posted on Mar 15 2005, 09:11

Also for fans in Australia, SBS will be showing both semi finals live! 

You beauty! About bloody time, I'll have the wife packed up, the fridge full of cold ones and doctors number on speed dial at the ready for my impending sickie...

Can't wait. Go you blues!

Channel 4 News reported this evening that our game is on the Saturday. That's 2 sources now, so think we can just about take it as fact

I'll believe it when it's on the FA's web-site. Channel 4 may just be saying that because we were drawn out first.

Its possible, my better half said to me it had said we where playing on Saturday on the ews but she couldn't remember which.

However, on Radio Lancs last night, a BBC spokesman said a decision will not be made until later this week nad is all dependent upon Newcastle and their involvement in the UEFA Cup.

To me this reads, that they definitely had MU pencilled in for the Saturday game, otherwise why wait and just do as normal where whoever plays in Europe plays on the Sunday.

Anybody have any link for the Mu representative - tempted to send him a mail in agreement and my feelings.

As for getting out of Cardiff - we did the same except we caught the train in from Newport which is excellent getting in - but a nightmare after the match.

I dont expect any decision to be made until Thursday night after the Newcastle game in uefa cup. The 2nd leg of the next round of the uefa cup is on April 14th (Thursday), therefore, if Newcastle progress - they are sure to play on the Sunday.

From uefa.com - Quarter-finals : 07 & 14 April 2005

The article from This is London is full of contradictions:

The kick-off time will be noon, for safety reasons. The FA are aware that many fans of Manchester United and Newcastle will converge on Cardiff late afternoon or early evening on the Saturday.

They want to eliminate the potential hazard of thousands of supporters of all four clubs in the city at the same time.

By giving Arsenal a noon start the match should be finished, even allowing for extra-time and possible penalties, some time before 3pm.

That will give both Arsenal and Blackburn followers adequate time to leave Cardiff before the first arrivals of Newcastle and Manchester fans.

With a later kick-off, there is the potential for disorder and the FA's strategy has always been to make the safety of the supporters paramount.

There is no way Arsenal and Rovers fans would be clear of the city before the Utds arrive. Absolute rubbish and the potential for more chaos.

The article from This is London is full of contradictions:

The kick-off time will be noon, for safety reasons. The FA are aware that many fans of Manchester United and Newcastle will converge on Cardiff late afternoon or early evening on the Saturday.

They want to eliminate the potential hazard of thousands of supporters of all four clubs in the city at the same time.

By giving Arsenal a noon start the match should be finished, even allowing for extra-time and possible penalties, some time before 3pm.

That will give both Arsenal and Blackburn followers adequate time to leave Cardiff before the first arrivals of Newcastle and Manchester fans.

With a later kick-off, there is the potential for disorder and the FA's strategy has always been to make the safety of the supporters paramount.

There is no way Arsenal and Rovers fans would be clear of the city before the Utds arrive. Absolute rubbish and the potential for more chaos.

Possible Paul but you never know with the FA.

I agree and who is to say many wouldn't be staying anyway - in addition the likelihood is they would probably all be arriving earlier anyway to sample the atmosphere.

Wherever the information is from there must hav e been some rumblings somewhere as this is also on the Arsenal World MB

As long as they keep the games at Cardiff there's going to be problems whenever the ko is.

Midday ko means fans risk missing the start. Late afternoon ko means too many drunken fans.

3 o'clock on both days will probably work but with TV licensing laws that rules out the Sat game.

Looking at it from all angles, I expect the games to remain in Cardiff (although that's obvious) with a 3/4 o'clock ko on the Sunday and a lunchtime ko on the Saturday - leaving Rovers fans the only ones with the short straw.

"They want to eliminate the potential hazard of thousands of supporters of all four clubs in the city at the same time."

Why did they put the games in the same city over the same weekend, then?

Stupid people.