[Archived] Dahlin Insurance Setback

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

If Rovers lose, we'll know about it.

If it goes to an out-of-court settlement, we won't know as neither party will want it publicising- the insurance industry to avoid others being encouraged and Rovers to avoid other clubs bumping up transfer prices.

If Rovers win, both parties might petition some form of secrecy of settlement details.

So could be we won't hear.

If Rovers win, both parties might petition some form of secrecy of settlement details.

So could be we won't hear.

398475[/snapback]

The settlement amount would have to appear on the end of year accounts, wouldn't it?

And where on this thread does it tell us when or what the final outcome will be?

398517[/snapback]

This post details when the expected finish of the hearing was expected. Since then, nothing has been heard and nobody has indicated any knowledge of what has happened, despite countless people asking.

This post, just two above the request, explains the reasons for whether or not we'll actually hear about the result. As it has been nearly two months since the hearing was expected to end then the information we have clearly indicates that we've probably had something favourable hushed up. This isn't conclusive, but its all there if you look for it.

A far more pertinant (sp?) question was the one about whether the result would appear in the finances, and how it would appear in there. "Does anybody know when the final outcome is due for this legal battle" is basically a question that has appeared numerous times on the very same page of the thread. Its hardly like somebody is going to go "Oh, bugger, yeah, I forgot, we won and got £4m. Here are all the newspaper reports..."

This post details when the expected finish of the hearing was expected. Since then, nothing has been heard and nobody has indicated any knowledge of what has happened, despite countless people asking.

This post, just two above the request, explains the reasons for whether or not we'll actually hear about the result. As it has been nearly two months since the hearing was expected to end then the information we have clearly indicates that we've probably had something favourable hushed up. This isn't conclusive, but its all there if you look for it.

A far more pertinant (sp?) question was the one about whether the result would appear in the finances, and how it would appear in there. "Does anybody know when the final outcome is due for this legal battle" is basically a question that has appeared numerous times on the very same page of the thread. Its hardly like somebody is going to go "Oh, bugger, yeah, I forgot, we won and got £4m. Here are all the newspaper reports..."

398537[/snapback]

so knowbody knows then, thats it is all i was trying to ask

That's what I'm worried about. Anybody know if rather than getting us cash, this will now cost us some?

I think it sounds pretty ridiculous how the case went. Wear and tear 'can be' a contributory factor doesn't mean that an unrelated back problem was a pre-existing condition for a new one. Preposterous. From what I know, we should have won the case. Then again we certainly shouldn't have had that much cash from Dahlin! It's not like he was worth that much to us.

Does the legal system really work on the basis of "probably"? Very disappointing to hear, although I'm glad we finally know after months of pesculation.

398620[/snapback]

Of course it does.

We had to prove the two were unrelated, having already convinced one judge we then had to convince another, and seemingly failed.

Not great news

The lesson we should learn is this: let's not bother insuring our players anymore (although I'd have liked to see what 'pre-existing conditions' they'd have blamed if the lads' plane had been struck down by lightning! God, perhaps?)

Edited by bluebruce

Medical evidence strongly suggested that the cause of the injury was in fact degenerative disc disease and insurers Avon, Eagle Star, AGF and IC Insurance highlighted a clause in the policy which excludes disablement attributable to arthritic or other degenerative conditions.

Mrs Justice Dobbs ruled that Dahlin had clearly suffered an 'awkward fall'. However she added: "I do not consider the evidence of the fall puts it in a category of something so very different from what one sees regularly on the football pitch."

(From skysports.com)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.