BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preseasons - UK Ones

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't have minded another trip over to Germany, but having just moved in with the girlfriend, money is a bit tight and therefore out of the question sad.gif but I will hopefully make next year's pre-season.

Really enjoyed it last year, i'd recommend anyone who's thinking of going to go for it. According to the official messageboard though, the whole 'tour' is not finalised yet so it's probably best not to book anything as games can change at very short notice, as i found out last year! I also thought i was going to miss the last game...but that's another story, I'm sure Ste B & Jordon know what i'm talking about!

16/07 - Morecambe (A)

23/07 - 1860 Munich (A) Landsberg am lech

26/07 - game to be announced

30/07 - Swansea (A) ooops sorry!

06/08 or 07/08 - Ewood fixture

there might also be a game between Swansea and the Ewood fixture

Edited by Lee

16/07 - Morecambe (A)

23/07 - 1860 Munich (A) Landsberg am lech

26/07 - game to be announced

30/07 - Swansea (A) ooops sorry!

06/08 or 07/08 - Ewood fixture

there might also be a game between Swansea and the Ewood fixture

320664[/snapback]

What a crap pre season, only 2 games overseas, thats not much of a holiday.

Guest 1860 Munich

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi @ ALL,

I´m George from the German fan club Lech Löwhen from the football clup TSV 1860 München.

On the 23rd of July the Rovers play against the Munich Lions in Landsberg near by Munich and Augsburg, where our club is commimg from.

It would be nice to meet fan clubs from the Rovers there. For us, it would be no problem to help you with bead and breakfast.

For futher information you can visit the official web site from 1860 Munich

www.tsv1860.de

or our web site

www.lech-loewen.de

Sorry both only in German

my contact is

hans-georg@lech-loewen.de

If you have pins from the Rovers I would like to swap one with one from us with the lion on it.

Lions Regards

Georg

(2nd borad of directors Lech Löwhen)

Why have the club chosen to play a friendly against Swansea away. What a nightmare to get to in the first place and just for friendly! Were next Ross County withstupid.gif

321488[/snapback]

Cos they have a new ground and so want to test it out against big opposition. I heard that fulham are playing there too. I expect us to play a coupla of local friendly's also as we usually do.

Why have the club chosen to play a friendly against Swansea away. What a nightmare to get to in the first place and just for friendly! Were next Ross County withstupid.gif

321488[/snapback]

I think this is an excellent game, go to swansea for the weekend and sample the sights. withstupid.gif

Edited by Jordan

321488[/snapback]

I think this is an excellent game, go to swansea for the weekend and sample the sights. withstupid.gif

321834[/snapback]

I was inclined to agree Jordan, until I remembered that my friend had rather selfishly agreed to get married on that date. (Still better then than first day of the season....)

Last time I went to Swansea, the first person we met had a big plaster around his neck where it appeared he had been cut somehow. He then decided to ask us if we liked his suitcase as he had been up all night polishing it.

I knew i'd seen you before Todd.

We did have a decent night out afterwards mind.

Will be interesting to see which top euro side we can attract to play in the friendly at Ewood and also which board member will be the first to post on here that they will not be attending due to cost of tickets/ not good enough opponents.

Will be interesting to see which top euro side we can attract to play in the friendly at Ewood and also which board member will be the first to post on here that  they will not be attending due to cost of tickets/ not good enough opponents.

322254[/snapback]

By attract you mean pay ?

After some of the pittyfull attendences for bigger sides over the last few preseasons, if the club has any sense it'll be Trelleborg. At least they'll be cheap and the away end will be full of Dingles.

laugh.gifph34r.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.