BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wayne Rooney,role Model?

I thought he was married already. Go past any news stand, and the Hello/Heat/OK type magazines have had crap about the wedding for about 3 years. No doubt his family at Longleat and Whipsnade will be swinging in their tyres out of happiness for him.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely love the veiled snobbery in these regular anti-Rooney diatribes that AESF serves up.

Perhaps he thought he was still in the backstreets of the Croxteth housing estate where he grew up, when he could get away with behaving like a wild animal.

Class. :lol:

Edited by Rovermatt

• 4 months later...

Vile Rooney hell-bent on becoming a pariah in Merseyside...

rooneybadge_280x420_12751a.jpg

What a sickening provocative gesture it was. On his former ground of Goodison Park last week Wayne Rooney showed his absolute contempt not only for Everton fans but also for people throughout Merseyside as a whole.

To me the disgusting inflammatory gesture seems to sum up this shaven-headed lout. He knew that kissing the United badge whilst on Merseyside was the one gesture guaranteed to be like a red rag to a bull for the scousers.

Both Liverpool and Everton fans understandably despise United. Everton supporters remember the incident in 2005 when the disgusting Gary Neville was sent off at Goodison Park and went on to wind a young schoolboy in the chest by stupidly belting the ball into the crowd.

"Once a blue, always a blue," said Rooney when he was younger. How false that statement turned out to be. Rooney has shown that he treats his fellow scousers with complete contempt. Indeed a couple of years ago it was reported that Rooney joined in with Man United fans at a pub singing an infamous anti-scouser song: "Build a bonfire, build a bonfire, put the scousers on the top, put the city in the middle and burn the f_____g lot".

That's what Rooney seems to think of his fellow scousers. He thinks it's funny to put them on a bonfire and kill them. His repulsive provocative gesture last week has certainly lit the flames of anger on Merseyside and I fully understand the disgust and acrimony that scousers now feel at the way in which Rooney has betrayed the city of Liverpool.

Could you imagine the Red Manc Gary Neville joining Liverpool and then kissing the Liverpool badge at Old Trafford ? That is the equivalent of what Wayne Rooney has done and he should be utterly ashamed of himself.

Rooney previously angered and upset the city of Liverpool by giving an exclusive interview to The Sun newspaper - a paper reviled on Merseyside for their coverage of the Hillsborough disaster. Rooney doesn't seem to understand or appreciate the distress and anger that his selfish actions have on people.

It's been reported today that Rooney has been cautioned by police for spitting at a photographer as he left a restaurant. Rooney received a caution for common assault for the incident in Oxford Street, London in July.

This is a man who along with his chavette wife Colleen, was happy to sell pictures of their wedding to 'OK' magazine for £2.5million in the summer and they are also reported to have signed an additional deal, worth another £2.5million, for the first pictures of their first child. They haven't yet had a baby but already both of them are looking to cash in by getting a lucrative deal in place to sell pictures of their first baby.

And yet despite being perfectly happy to flog his wedding pictures and forthcoming baby pictures for millions of pounds, the disgusting Wayne thinks that he can go round spitting on photographers in the street. That to me shows the type of character Rooney is. He's a loathsome individual who is now rightly despised throughout Merseyside.

What a sickening provocative gesture it was. On his former ground of Goodison Park last week Wayne Rooney showed his absolute contempt not only for Everton fans but also for people throughout Merseyside as a whole.

To me the disgusting inflammatory gesture seems to sum up this shaven-headed lout. He knew that kissing the United badge whilst on Merseyside was the one gesture guaranteed to be like a red rag to a bull for the scousers.

Both Liverpool and Everton fans understandably despise United. Everton supporters remember the incident in 2005 when the disgusting Gary Neville was sent off at Goodison Park and went on to wind a young schoolboy in the chest by stupidly belting the ball into the crowd.

"Once a blue, always a blue," said Rooney when he was younger. How false that statement turned out to be. Rooney has shown that he treats his fellow scousers with complete contempt. Indeed a couple of years ago it was reported that Rooney joined in with Man United fans at a pub singing an infamous anti-scouser song: "Build a bonfire, build a bonfire, put the scousers on the top, put the city in the middle and burn the f_____g lot".

That's what Rooney seems to think of his fellow scousers. He thinks it's funny to put them on a bonfire and kill them. His repulsive provocative gesture last week has certainly lit the flames of anger on Merseyside and I fully understand the disgust and acrimony that scousers now feel at the way in which Rooney has betrayed the city of Liverpool.

Could you imagine the Red Manc Gary Neville joining Liverpool and then kissing the Liverpool badge at Old Trafford ? That is the equivalent of what Wayne Rooney has done and he should be utterly ashamed of himself.

Rooney previously angered and upset the city of Liverpool by giving an exclusive interview to The Sun newspaper - a paper reviled on Merseyside for their coverage of the Hillsborough disaster. Rooney doesn't seem to understand or appreciate the distress and anger that his selfish actions have on people.

It's been reported today that Rooney has been cautioned by police for spitting at a photographer as he left a restaurant. Rooney received a caution for common assault for the incident in Oxford Street, London in July.

This is a man who along with his chavette wife Colleen, was happy to sell pictures of their wedding to 'OK' magazine for £2.5million in the summer and they are also reported to have signed an additional deal, worth another £2.5million, for the first pictures of their first child. They haven't yet had a baby but already both of them are looking to cash in by getting a lucrative deal in place to sell pictures of their first baby.

And yet despite being perfectly happy to flog his wedding pictures and forthcoming baby pictures for millions of pounds, the disgusting Wayne thinks that he can go round spitting on photographers in the street. That to me shows the type of character Rooney is. He's a loathsome individual who is now rightly despised throughout Merseyside.

Might be wrong smithy and I'm making no judgement but I guess he'd have suffered more than a few choice comments from his fellow (butter wouldn't melt in their mouths) Evertonians in the stands.

As for selling his story and pics to OK..... Save your pity for the intellectual derelicts that buy it. Without those amoeba brained clowns he'd be lucky to sell a picture of his kid to his bloody mother! Leave em all alone cos they deserve each other.

Don't blame

I think the Daily Express website has had a Skynet moment and become a being in its own right. We better find nuclear bunkers quickly! And avoid people who look like Arnold Schwarzenegger.

I've got to admit, as rants go, that was quality reading.

I think it's easy to get mad at People badge kissing etc as its obviously a false gesture. Anyone who kisses the badge is obviosuly a mercenary looking for some kind of acceptamce or vindication (from whom i'm not to sure).

But to be honest i'm past caring now. I dont really give a monkies what the mancs get up to.

Not really to do with anything but does anyone else think that Rooney is looking increasingly like Henry V111? Its the piggy eyes, the girth and those fat calves.

I'll stop there.

Ditto for Charles Lawton's excellent Quasimodo...... Or double ditto for that 'monster' in the Goonies. B)

"Build a bonfire, build a bonfire, put the scousers on the top, put the city in the middle and burn the f_____g lot".

That's what Rooney seems to think of his fellow scousers. He thinks it's funny to put them on a bonfire and kill them.

As I type this I can hear the noise from the local bonfires . Music to my ears ......

I like AESF's posts but on this subject we have to disagree . Rooney is one of the few footballers in the premiership worth sitting down to watch - industrious , passionate , and above all honest in an old fashioned sense . A throw back to the game of decades ago - no diving and cheating , always working hard and never hiding from the action . All right he has a temper but Ferguson and Capello are sorting that out . A good English lad I'd say .

Sorry Smithy :unsure:

Still would like to fnd that thread where people said he was better then Torres and Ronaldo though.:blush:

No-one in the world can touch Ronaldo, expect maybe Messi.

All 3 are completely different players though. Rooney will never be a 30 goal a season man like Torres, but then again Torres couldn't link play and go through the all the work that Rooney does in 90 minutes.

Your infamous English anti-bias aside neekoy, you have to admit that an on-form Rooney is as good as anyone in the world bar Ronaldo and Messi. His form this season has been scintillating.

No-one in the world can touch Ronaldo, expect maybe Messi.

All 3 are completely different players though. Rooney will never be a 30 goal a season man like Torres, but then again Torres couldn't link play and go through the all the work that Rooney does in 90 minutes.

Your infamous English anti-bias aside neekoy, you have to admit that an on-form Rooney is as good as anyone in the world bar Ronaldo and Messi. His form this season has been scintillating.

Didn't say he wasn't outstanding, I think he is the fourth best/most valuable player in the PL, just happens to be behind Torres, Gerrard and Ronaldo.

As I said before, he has pulled his head in quite considerably to what he was like 18 months ago, has to be commended.

EDIT: And I am not anti-English. If I was I wouldn't have two bloody Englishmen in my top four players, sheesh.

Edited by neekoy

Rooney is one of the few footballers in the premiership worth sitting down to watch - industrious , passionate - could not agree more

and above all honest in an old fashioned sense . A throw back to the game of decades ago - no diving and cheating - sorry but he does dive and chasing after refs to influenece decisions isn't exactly honest is it?

always working hard and never hiding from the action. All right he has a temper - again agreed

but Ferguson and Capello are sorting that out. - Take that out of his game and you lose 20% of his game

A good English lad I'd say. - Hardly have him as an ideal role model

Maybe not the IDEAL role model but he's a good example of working hard to achieve success . He's very talented , dedicated to the game and often gets a bloody bad press for no other reason than coming from a council estate background . Nowt wrong with the lad . Not the best game of his life today though ....... :)

Didn't say he wasn't outstanding, I think he is the fourth best/most valuable player in the PL, just happens to be behind Torres, Gerrard and Ronaldo.

?

Top club players without doubt. Three of those players however are top quality at international level. Gerrard is not.

• 3 weeks later...

Rooney admits: "I'm a diver"

rooney%20diving.JPG

Charming scouser Wayne Mark Rooney has admitted this week what I (and a few others) have known for quite some time - namely that he's prone to diving and cheating.

During Man United's goalless draw against Villarreal on Tuesday, Rooney twice resorted to theatrical antics. After a Ronaldo shot was spilled by the Villarreal goalkeeper, there was a disgraceful attempt from Rooney to con and cheat the referee into giving United a penalty.

Last season during Rovers' 1-1 draw at home to United at Ewood last April there were a couple of dives from Rooney in an attempt to con the referee.

I also clearly recall an incident in a game at Old Trafford in the 2004/05 season when Arsenal's 49-match unbeaten run came to an end. Rooney blatantly dived for a penalty. The TV replays clearly showed that there was no contact at all from Sol Campbell in the box, but Rooney successfully conned the ref Mike Riley into giving United a penalty in a game they won 2-0.

I presume that even some of the Rooney lovers on here who seem to think that the sun shines out of Wayne's large backside, wouldn't wish to condone blatant diving and cheating.

Apparently though, this bull-necked lout is a "role-model" for our kids.

Not for nothin, but the guy came out and apologized for diving during the midweek. Fergie's spinning of the story aside, it takes a man to come out and say listen, I dove, it was crappy, i feel like an ass, I won't do it anymore. Name me another big name like that who has ever done anything like that recently.

There's a fine line between constructing set pieces and penalties by clever movement and just using gravity, and plain diving. The worst for me is the rolling after a dive (or after getting a free kick legitimately), when Eboue or Milan Baros looks like they've taken a bullet in the leg..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.