BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Replacing An Ipod

Well I'm replacing my ipod and I'm thinking about getting a Creative Jukebox Zen Touch. I only have one area of concern and that is that it may not work on the Apple Powerbook I'm now planning on getting.

On a side not and related to this I'm interested in selling a 40gb Ipod. It's in good condition and is only about a year and a half old (bought last christmas). It would come with a protective case, belkin battery addition pack (meaning you can attach it to regular batteries when power is running low) as well as a headphone remote. If interested pm me or something.

Well two people interested in the ipod already which is good news, replied to you both so check, sadly all information seems to be going towards that the creative jukebox zen touch cannot be used on the apple powerbook. If someone knows more though please say.

Eddie, The reason my wife has an IPod is that the Creative we bought for her wouldn't work on my Mac. I believe they do have certain models that do, though. Either research it heavily, or do what we did and buy it at a place where they have a 30 day money back guarantee. Another thing to do is to go on the Creative web site and see if they have Mac drivers for what you are looking at.

Thanks for that. I may well just buy it anyway and then just only add songs when I'm back in Paris and have a PC which would be every few weeks. Bit annoying but perhaps worth it.

iTrip are unlawful in the UK - They are effectively radio transmitters and so need to be regulated/licensed.

That's not to say that you can't buy one off e-bay off course.

Other transmitters have the same issues. You can always hard wire it to your alpine, but that is a little inconvenient.

There are cables you can get that will connect an iPod to a stereo. I use an iTrip at home to send music all around the house and it works very very well. Put it on 103.5FM if you are every driving round Fernhurst Farm to see if you can hear!

I also have an iTalk for those vital interviews with MGP wink.gif

Again it all works very well.

Edited by Lee

Nokia unveils ipod killer

Finnish mobile manufacturer Nokia has introduced the Nokia N91, a mobile handset with room for up to 3000 songs on an integrated four-gigabyte hard disk.

The device offers an industry standard 3.5mm stereo headset jack and permits transfer of music files from a PC or over the air.

The N91 is encased in stainless steel, with dedicated music keys on its face, which slide down to reveal the phone keypad. The Nokia N91 is a part of the new Nokia Nseries range of multimedia and smart-phone handsets.

'What sets the Nokia N91 apart is the fact that it is always connected - you can download new music while on the move, add it to your favorite playlist and then share your playlist with friends,' said Jonas Geust, vice-president, music at Nokia.

The N91 serves up to 12.5 hours of battery life and includes a stereo headset with remote control. The device supports MP3, M4A, AAC and WMA digital music formats.

The mobile offers WCDMA, WLAN and Bluetooth connectivity, permitting music downloads over the air.

Users will be able to drag and drop their music collections from a PC via USB 2.0.

The Nokia N91 also allows users to share playlists with others by multimedia message, e-mail or Bluetooth.

The device also contains a 2 megapixel camera, e-mail support, a web browser and video sharing.

The Nokia N91 is expected to become commercially available worldwide by the end of 2005 and the price is not know of yet.

user posted image

Looks Good smile.gif

Nokia unveils ipod killer

Finnish mobile manufacturer Nokia has introduced the Nokia N91, a mobile handset with room for up to 3000 songs on an integrated four-gigabyte hard disk.

The device offers an industry standard 3.5mm stereo headset jack and permits transfer of music files from a PC or over the air.

The N91 is encased in stainless steel, with dedicated music keys on its face, which slide down to reveal the phone keypad. The Nokia N91 is a part of the new Nokia Nseries range of multimedia and smart-phone handsets.

'What sets the Nokia N91 apart is the fact that it is always connected - you can download new music while on the move, add it to your favorite playlist and then share your playlist with friends,' said Jonas Geust, vice-president, music at Nokia.

The N91 serves up to 12.5 hours of battery life and includes a stereo headset with remote control. The device supports MP3, M4A, AAC and WMA digital music formats.

The mobile offers WCDMA, WLAN and Bluetooth connectivity, permitting music downloads over the air.

Users will be able to drag and drop their music collections from a PC via USB 2.0.

The Nokia N91 also allows users to share playlists with others by multimedia message, e-mail or Bluetooth.

The device also contains a 2 megapixel camera, e-mail support, a web browser and video sharing.

Can you make phone calls on it ???!!!

Does anybody have an idea, which would be better to buy?

An Ipod or an IRiver.

I'm looking into buying one or the other and really don't know which one to get.

319988[/snapback]

Iriver looks mingin

320052[/snapback]

laugh.gif

I know what you mean.

That may be too much technical information for many of us to take in.

320053[/snapback]

ok then.....

paying a few more bob for 20GB of storage is pretty pointless to me. that ok?

320056[/snapback]

I've got over 20GB of music so it seems completey justified...what do looks matter anyway? Only t***s show them off for their looks.

Personally I like the look of them anyway;

user posted image

I've got an i-Pod, but is a second generation one and has got a lot wrong with it. The battery life has died considerably, it stalls when I listen to certain tracks and when I plug into one of my computers, it crashes it. There is no doubt that i-Pods look cool and a very user friendly, but they are very fragile.

I am looking for ipod, creative zen or similar for my holidays. My questions are, all seem to transfer using USB 2. 1 Will they work using USB 1 albeit slower. 2 Can I upgrade my laptop from USB 1 to USB 2

Does anybody have an idea, which would be better to buy?

An Ipod or an IRiver.

I'm looking into buying one or the other and really don't know which one to get.

319988[/snapback]

Iriver looks mingin

320052[/snapback]

laugh.gif

I know what you mean.

320135[/snapback]

Yup. These things are, after all, fashion.

Sigh.

For anyone who has an Ipod I'd be extrmely thankful if they could answer these questions?

To turn it off do you just press play/pause until the screen blanks out? Is it that simple?

Why is my battery 75% dead when I have only used it for 2 hours over 3 days. The Ipod 30g photo should have 15 hours of play/battery life after a full charge cycle.

Any help would be sensational.

Thanks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.