BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Convicts Return

Timmy

If the England tail doesn't kick and a refreshed McGrath wraps it up early then England will be in the dippy do.

Doesnt seem a great wicket for a Test Match and the ECB will be gutted financially wise if the Test is over in 2-3 days.

Ooh aah Glenn McGrath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's nice to be watching real cricket for a change! laugh.gif

Some of the aussies fell to great deliveries, others just lost their heads and played awful shots.

The middle order of Martyn, Clarke and Katich doesn't exactly inspire confidence at the moment. But I suppose Clarke does play for NSW so he must be fantastic right? rolleyes.gif

It's nice to be watching real cricket for a change!  laugh.gif

Some of the aussies fell to great deliveries, others just lost their heads and played awful shots.

The middle order of Martyn, Clarke and Katich doesn't exactly inspire confidence at the moment.  But I suppose Clarke does play for NSW so he must be fantastic right?  rolleyes.gif

334144[/snapback]

PG, could you please update your Australian selection conspiracy theories. Right now we're working on the idea that the Queenslanders are unduly represented, not the New South Welshmen. biggrin.gif

Bloody great day of cricket for both sides.

Your poor buggers must be so frustrated, here you had a chance to really tighten the screws after a great bowling performance , punch on 550 and send Australia in for two days.

It is not McGrath we have to thank, it is the English teams ability to clutch defeat from the jaws of victory.

And the other half of the team, but now Flopsy we shouldn't turn to the next Ashes. Poor batting yesterday but we've shown that they can't handle any of our four pace bowlers. England on the other hand only have trouble with McGrath, I'm still feeling very optimistic.

Now then - this "working from home" lark is brilliant isn't it? I just need to do a days work before 10.30 if you'll excuse me. Could go either way obviously, couldn't possibly gloat yesterday morning as it was clear that the wicket was more than lively. Hats off to McGrath though mad.gif . Should be a couple of good days cricket coming up.

Even better Bob, just bring you telly in to work with you, prop it up on a pile of Wisdens in front of the desk and hey presto! Just make sure the telly is in the same eye line as your monitor, and if the boss comes in just tell him your monitoring the awful news from London.

He wouldn`t dare say anything then.

Argh... I think the BBC are canning the online audio coverage. They did mention high demand on the service in the commentary last night. Perhaps it would be impossible to support a fair public use of the service. What am I going to do sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

P.S: I think they are canning it because I can't find a link to the audio on the site, as I could yesterday.

Edited by Shaddy

Kev got out swinging, so any runs from Jones/Harmy are a bonus. We aren't a terrible amount of runs behind, but it'll take a special second innings becuase there is no way Australia will bat as badly as they did yesterday.

I actually think England should be pleased with the mornings work so far. Despite the fact that it is low scoring 35 is really nothing in a test match.

All they need do now is go out and bowl well in conditions that suit them, then it is up to the top order not to be the idiots that they were yesterday.

Well, Australia will be the happier at lunch with them being effectively being 80-1 and having looked relatively untroubled in the spell before lunch. England need to get more stuck into them and try and cause the same top order collapse that has happened regularly throughout the summer so far.

Pietersen needs to learn how to catch.

Had that chance been taken I think England could ahve gone into the interval happy, instead they need wickets.

Three chances dropped in one match is horrible, especially when two were straight forward. Doesn't matter how many runs you make, if you drop catches as well then you are making a mess of your own good work.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.