BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pro Evoloution Soccer 5

Guest Kamy100

(I'm doing this from memory, and I've only done this about three times so bare with me.)

You should have the file on your maxdrive. Just click in the max-drive folder to check that it's there.

You're most likely going to have to delete your current option file off your memory card so that it doesn't get confused.

Then load the PS2 max-drive CD and watch all the boring stuff about Virtual Replay or whatever it is. I found that if I pressed START during it then it wouldn't load.

You should have the option of playing about with memory cards on the main screen. Bring this up and a list of things on your max-drive should pop up. Uncompress or move or copy (sorry I can't be specific, but at least one of them certainly works) and it should become apparent that the max drive file is now on your memory card. Then simply reset and whack in PES5.

If nothing happens then I may have misguided you as to what to do to get the file onto the memory card. Just try all the options. I'm pretty sure it's uncompress or extract or something.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To get the goalkeepers up for corners you have to be losing by one goal and it has to be in injury time of the second half, i think, then you have to put your strategy thingy on the highest attacking - onto the red bar which appears by the players name, and the keeper will come up

I cant score from free kicks on ps2 any tips? my shots always go on target and are curled of course but the keeper always saves them! HELP!!!

362596[/snapback]

I learnt how to do this last night (As I bagged a couple at long last) What I found is if you tap the shoot button so that the kick starts up then hold it again till it reaches somewhere around the middle line on the bar, the free kick should sail in.

The online play is fantastic - so quick (unlike FIFA)

The more I play this game the better I get - its really fun (even if I still have trouble scoring)

The only gripe is that there are sooooooo many free kicks

I did love last years FIFA (my opinion so dont shoot me for saying it) But this year I feel they have shot themselves in the foot - Well done Pro Evo for making me choose you for a change

• 2 weeks later...
got my network card thru www.whitedog.co.uk in a day.  Anybody want a game ?

356637[/snapback]

I've had my network adapter for a couple of weeks now and I'm fed up of playing against random french blokes who always select Brazil and then log themselves off when they start losing.

So yes, I'm up for a game. Don't know how you can actually select who to play though, not got that far.

Edited by Lee

I've had my network adapter for a couple of weeks now and I'm fed up of playing  against random french blokes who always select Brazil and then log themselves off when they start losing.

So yes, I'm up for a game. Don't know how you can actually select who to play though, not got that far.

365209[/snapback]

Create a match room for yourself, and then set a password. May be around later tonight for a quick game.. or JPW plays occasionally.

I am getting the PC version of this over christmas. How many people have the pc Pro Evo 5?

Would anybody be up for a premiership league set up on this message board? We would need 20 players.....

I would need to test that I do not lag too much too as I am all the way over in the states.

To get the goalkeepers up for corners you have to be losing by one goal and it has to be in injury time of the second half, i think, then you have to put your strategy thingy on the highest attacking - onto the red bar which appears by the players name, and the keeper will come up

361922[/snapback]

I had Petr Cech get his head on one last night against my mate shame I headed across goal and Crespo missed a sitter sad.gif

Can anyone help please. The option file for the kits and team names has been removed from the www.pesfan site. I have a max drive but that cant seem to find it either - can anyone help?

Come on Kammy you normally have the info on this kind of thing ph34r.gif

I haven't used it myself but this guide was on the website I got the links from:

Here it is!!! The X-port to Max Drive and vice versa convertor you have been waiting for!

CREDIT goes to: http://www.acple.com

X-Port to Max Drive Save:

Press File, then Load .xps Option File.

http://img50.exs.cx/img50/5427/12174.jpg

Choose your option file you want to convert.

http://img20.exs.cx/img20/6277/14042.jpg

Something like this should come up

http://img20.exs.cx/img20/9341/14043.jpg

Press File, then Save .max Save as Max Drive Option File

http://img20.exs.cx/img20/2550/14044.jpg

Then choose were to save it to...

http://img18.exs.cx/img18/4397/13222.jpg

This method can also be used to save .max to .xps, very easy!

They were supposed to be pictures instead of links but I'm being told I've put more pictures in than I'm allowed, this board can't be as friendly as the one I stole it from...so apologies for that.

Edit: If it's still not working I'll see if I can upload my one later.

Edited by LeChuck

I haven't used it myself but this guide was on the website I got the links from:

They were supposed to be pictures instead of links but I'm being told I've put more pictures in than I'm allowed, this board can't be as friendly as the one I stole it from...so apologies for that.

Edit: If it's still not working I'll see if I can upload my one later.

366153[/snapback]

Cheers for all your help with this le chuck - - will give it a go in the morning thumbs-up.gif

Does anyone here have tips on scoring more and being more efficient with the ball?

I've played several games now (okay, five matches, we're keeping tally) against a family member and they have won them all.

In my last match, despite having more shots (27 all up for me to their low twenties) and more shots on target (15... they were in the early tens), I can still only score one goal to their six goals.

It seems no matter what I do, even when I am playing all over the top of them, I never get my just reward. Instead I am punished, whether I play a defensive game, an attacking game, or something in-between.

I haven't tried changing formations yet at this early stage, although that was something I tried regularly with failure in Pro Evolution(click) Soccer 4 (believe it or not my PES arch nemesis used to get spectacularly beaten regularly in PES2).

I alternate playing as Blackburn Rovers (against Chelsea) and Germany (against Italy). I have no complaints if I get soundly beaten with Rovers, considering the large gap in quality between the teams on the game, but with Germany I expect something a little better. The last 1-6 scoreline, in which I dominated and still lost, was with Germany.

Is there any advice for my bemused self, after sniggering, apart from changing to different, stronger teams?

To get online play does the PS2 have to be near all the wires and stuff like that ( the wires of the internet) or could you play it upstairs where there is no wires to the net????????????? Ive never done it so please tell me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give me any info on online play Im desperate. withstupid.gif

To get online play does the PS2 have to be near all the wires and stuff like that ( the wires of the internet) or could you play it upstairs where there is no wires to the net????????????? Ive never done it so please tell me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give me any info on online play Im desperate. withstupid.gif

366768[/snapback]

Ok, As far as I am aware their is no wireless option for the ps2 so you will have to plug your ethernet cable directly into the router that has your broadband running on it and the other end into your PS2 (If you dont have a slimline PS2 you will need to buy the adapter - normally about £15 to £20)

From here put the ps2 online set up disk into the ps2 and it should run through some questions with you and after that you should be away.

Be aware though that some games will require you to open certin ports on the router e.g. FIFA. The info for this is normally in the instruction book at the back.

While I am at it, a massive thankyou to Le Chuck for helping me with my problem. I am now the happy owner of all of the kits cool.gif The next time I visit Monkey Island I will be sure to buy Mr Chuck a beer.

Edited by Cocker

I've no network disk but had no problems setting things up for Pro Evo.

With wires.

366888[/snapback]

I dont know what it is with FIFA but even with certain ports open I still have trouble connecting to people and then when in game its really slow sometimes (this could have course be the people I am playing) With ALL other online games though I have no problem at all, especially with Pro Evo which lets me connect everytime with NO lag.

I love playing on line. It just seems more sweet when you win and hurts more when you lose (But really hurts when someone quits on you when you are winning)

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.