BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Tennant Is The Doctor!

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd regenerate this thread.

I am even more convinced that David Tennant is the Doctor.

Any casual viewers or recent converts this year like to pass comment?

Edited by Modi

I thought that episode was quite cheesy (well, worse than the last series anyway!) and a bit lacking in substance but Tennant certainly looked the part. Seriously looking forward to seeing the cybermen though!

Thought Tennant was fine but yesterday's episode fell way, way below the standard expected. It was almost as if someone woke up last week thinking "Quick we need a Christmas Special". Very disappointed. The only programme the family had planned to watch all day.

If you want to see some vintage Dr Who get the episodes with Tom Baker, decent thought provoking screenplay(when the series was at its most popular) that kept you interested and did not insult your IQ....the rest since Baker quite frankly aren't worth a w**k!

The ridiculous Sylvester McCoy ......ffs! laugh.gifuser posted image

Thought Tennant was fine but yesterday's episode fell way, way below the standard expected. It was almost as if someone woke up last week thinking "Quick we need a Christmas Special". Very disappointed. The only programme the family had planned to watch all day.

368946[/snapback]

It looks as though you might have written the review in the Daily Telegraph!

My wife, who has never been a Doctor Who fan, really enjoyed the last series and was quite impressed by last night's episode. David Tennant was good in the excellent series " Blackpool ".

When one of your leading characters can't act herself out of a paper bag, all the while being unremarkable to look at, you're immediately in trouble.

368947[/snapback]

Viewing figures and the future series would beg to differ with you! Storylines are very good and even though the xmas.gif episode was not as drawn out as it should have been it was still very entertaining.

AS for billie piper her acting in the last series (especially the last episode) was stunning and is getting better and better. As for her looks, you have no taste Click shes gorgeous!

Tennant as the doctor fitted into the role superbly and has put my fears to rest straight away!

she has fat legs Plus she's slept with chris evans

369105[/snapback]

You've got fat legs and Chris Evan's agent tells me he's denied having sex with you.

So that's you comprehensively screwed.

Merry Chrimbo

You've got fat legs and Chris Evan's agent tells me he's denied having sex with you.

So that's you comprehensively screwed.

Merry Chrimbo

369117[/snapback]

HOW DARE YOU

My legs arent fat

And Evans will never prove anything

• 3 months later...

What did everyone think of tonight's episode? I personally thought it was a pretty good with a fairly decent concept and sustained plot for the 45 minute time frame.

*Spoilers*

And the quote from Casandra (in Billie Piper's body) exclaiming; "I'm a chav!" was worth the licence fee alone!! laugh.gif

Edited by Tango

It was great, billie looking stunning as ever.

The story flowed very well for the first 30mins, i was shocked it was coming to an end and left with baited breath for next weeks installment.

Tennant fitted in to the role extremely well and has created his own doctor type already. rover.gif

I'm old enough to remember watching the first Doctor Who with William Hartnell & then Patrick Troughton with my Mum & Dad on a Saturday, so it is a satisfying feeling to sit down with my daughter and watch it again in 2006.

Lawks! What a big soft git.

It's well written, well produced, there's a decent storyline, it's pitched at a level that both parents and children can enjoy together. Well done the BBC.

And the quote from Casandra (in Billie Piper's body) exclaiming; "I'm a chav!" was worth the licence fee alone!!

That was funny, but the story was based 5m years in the future, so it's rather depressing to think that the chavs will be going for so long. Ooops. At least Burberry shares should be secure in the long term

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I'd bring this thread back again as Doctor Who has won a couple of BAFTAs this evening.

Been a good week for Rover supporting, time travel fans such as myself. smile.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.