BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Moaning Managers

Paul Jewel: Gob shut, mind open. Good bloke.

Got me bang-to rights on that one guv.

Mind you he does have a point. That goal was a joke, should never have been allowed.

Hey ho.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Pardew... Pardew ? Looks like he models knitting patterns, that character from the 'Fast Show'.

Alan Pardew has a huge game away to Chesterfield in the Carling Cup on Tuesday night, Nick.

West Ham have lost their last seven matches in a row (if you include the two UEFA Cup games with Italians Palermo) and the Hammers haven't scored a goal for over ten hours. If they lose to Roy McFarland's Chesterfield, the patience of the West Ham fans and indeed the patience of the boardroom may reach breaking point.

Pardew continues to insist that the arrival of the two Argentinians hasn't affected his players. But something has gone badly wrong with the team. Last season they were in the top half of the table, reaching an FA Cup final and playing some fluent attractive football. This season they have looked a pale shadow of the team which finished 9th last term. Dean Ashton, who was an important player for them last season, has been badly missed.

Rovers of course face a trip to Upton Park this Sunday. Knowing Rovers we'll probably be the first team that West Ham beat since the opening day of the season. I remember in the 2002/03 season, West Ham hadn't won a single match at Upton Park until late January when they beat us 2-1. The Hammers were relegated that season with 42 points - the highest points total of any relegated team since the Premiership came down to 20 teams.

A few miles away from Upton Park at The Valley, I'm pleased that it's been an inauspicious start to the season for Iain Dowie. It was Mr Dowie who insisted that he was quitting Crystal Palace to be nearer to his family in the north of England. Obviously Dowie's geography matches his stunning good looks. How can we expect players to display a degree of honesty and loyalty when managers like Dowie lie through their teeth to get a bigger pay cheque?

I suspect there are four Premiership bosses who are feeling particular pressure at the moment and wondering whether their chairmen will lose patience and give them a P45: Stuart Pearce, whose Man City side were abysmal in a 4-0 defeat at Wigan on Saturday, Glenn Roeder, whose Newcastle team are in the bottom six of the Premiership and Messrs Pardew and Dowie. (Pardew is the current bookies favourite to go first.)

Man City chairman John Wardle hits out at "unacceptable" display.

Alan Pardew has a huge game away to Chesterfield in the Carling Cup on Tuesday night, Nick.

West Ham have lost their last seven matches in a row (if you include the two UEFA Cup games with Italians Palermo) and the Hammers haven't scored a goal for over ten hours. If they lose to Roy McFarland's Chesterfield, the patience of the West Ham fans and indeed the patience of the boardroom may reach breaking point.

Pardew continues to insist that the arrival of the two Argentinians hasn't affected his players. But something has gone badly wrong with the team. Last season they were in the top half of the table, reaching an FA Cup final and playing some fluent attractive football. This season they have looked a pale shadow of the team which finished 9th last term. Dean Ashton, who was an important player for them last season, has been badly missed.

Rovers of course face a trip to Upton Park this Sunday. Knowing Rovers we'll probably be the first team that West Ham beat since the opening day of the season. I remember in the 2002/03 season, West Ham hadn't won a single match at Upton Park until late January when they beat us 2-1. The Hammers were relegated that season with 42 points - the highest points total of any relegated team since the Premiership came down to 20 teams.

A few miles away from Upton Park at The Valley, I'm pleased that it's been an inauspicious start to the season for Iain Dowie. It was Mr Dowie who insisted that he was quitting Crystal Palace to be nearer to his family in the north of England. Obviously Dowie's geography matches his stunning good looks. How can we expect players to display a degree of honesty and loyalty when managers like Dowie lie through their teeth to get a bigger pay cheque?

I suspect there are four Premiership bosses who are feeling particular pressure at the moment and wondering whether their chairmen will lose patience and give them a P45: Stuart Pearce, whose Man City side were abysmal in a 4-0 defeat at Wigan on Saturday, Glenn Roeder, whose Newcastle team are in the bottom six of the Premiership and Messrs Pardew and Dowie. (Pardew is the current bookies favourite to go first.)

Man City chairman John Wardle hits out at "unacceptable" display.

Interesting post. Has Pardew and West Ham been found out in the always-difficult "second season back"? Or was he doing a perfectly good job making a silk purse out of sows ears until the Hammers got ideas above their station and brought in 2 superstars, thereby destroying team spirit in one fell swoop. Stuart Pearce (remember - mooted by the idiot press as England Manager) seems to have lost his way but still commands respect from the fans I know - they blame the team. Knowing how fickle they are, that could turn anytime soon. Pardew was never up to managing Newcastle - how long before Shearer is in place?

I am not sure we should be keenly anticipating Roeder's departure. While Man City, West Ham and Charlton all have little to offer hughes Newcastle are a different proposition. and, as ridiculous as Freddy shepard is, i would be suprised if Hughes and sam Allerdyce were not the two names at the top of a prospective hit list.

I know Newcastle are supposed to be in debt, but people have said that for years and they have still managed to find buckets of money from somewhere. If FS could guarantee 10 million quid for hughsy to spend then it would be a very attractive deal. In Duff, Owen, Martins, Emre and Parker they already have a few world class attacking players that we perhaps lack, and would, with some good defensive signings, have a great chance of breaking the top four next season.

While I have a lot of faith in MH to stick with this fantastic team built up at Ewood, and he does seem to be loving every minute of it, it is a worry.

And if hughes goes i reckon practically every player we have will fancy joining up with him due to his evident quality as a leader.

God, aren't I gloomy.

On the other hand FS himself has proved himself to be an utter tosser, whereas JW has shown himself to be the epitomy of level headedness, so maybe that will ward him off.

I don't see any reason why Hughes would go to Newcastle anyway. He's always said that he wants to manage the clubs he's played for. And besides, managing Newcastle is a poisoned chalice, what with Fat Freddy and the over-expectant fans that they have, plus they didn't really have too many managers beating down the door when Souness left. In fact you could probably say that about after every manager they've had recently.

It's the Man U and Everton jobs (domestically) I'd be more worried about for Hughes.

I can't see Hughes going to the barcodes for the reasons Ronin has just stated. It's a higher profile job, but it is much more demanding, and it often ruins a managers reputation. Nor do I see him going to Everton for that matter. Moyes is pretty secure there, and whilst they are a more famous club, they are currently at a similar level to Rovers in terms of financial clout and hfootballing ability. So that leaves Man Utd, and who knows when Ferguson will retire/die/sent off to a nursing home.

like a lot of people i feel that hughesy has his sights set on old trafford, can't see him at Barca or bayern, everton or southampton. Chelsea might well interest him should the special one suddenly disappear up his own rectum

West Ham and Charlton are well known for having long-serving managers though. I cant see anything dramatic happening there at the moment (watch how this will come back to haunt me).

However Fat Freddy and his mob are more fickle about these matters and I can see them being the most unhappy at the moment, especially given the awful performances I've watched.

Back to moaning managers, I have to put in a word for the biggest whingers of the lot because to be fair they're the ones the media cover the most, so chances are they're gonna be the ones who you'll hear crying on the radio the most. (Although, you don't hear much from Rafa Benitez as you'd expect)

BTW: I dont think Moyes is fair-minded. He's as myopic as the rest, only he delivers his rants in an under-stated way.

Edited by rover6

Talking of moaning managers, actually, to one of the keynote speakers at the

Moaning Managers with Bad Sight & 4 Hands on their Watch (The 4th being the great big back hand)Conference

Have you seen what Allerdyce has been saying about tonights team selection, the upcoming Utd match and Champions League Spot !!!!

OMG, what is the world coming to? I don't even want to contemplate it!

Hope utd stuff them out of sight!

:brfc:

Talking of moaning managers, actually, to one of the keynote speakers at the

Moaning Managers with Bad Sight & 4 Hands on their Watch (The 4th being the great big back hand)Conference

Have you seen what Allerdyce has been saying about tonights team selection, the upcoming Utd match and Champions League Spot !!!!

OMG, what is the world coming to? I don't even want to contemplate it!

:brfc:

No I haven't seen it. Do tell......

I'm hoping that as well. The crap that Allardyce was coming out with after our game . . . :angry: Although would be good to see him leave Bolton and end up at the sinking ship at Newcastle :D

• 4 months later...

Video link:

I bet Warnock was furious with West Ham's second goal on Saturday. Warnock will be conscious that West Ham looked dead and buried before Saturday, but the Hammers' win over Rovers has given West Ham a bit of hope now that they can overtake Sheffield United in the battle for the drop.

Warnock has branded Gareth Southgate "a disgrace" after the 'Boro boss fielded a weakened line-up in their match against Man City on Saturday. Southgate rested striker Mark Viduka and Jonathan Woodgate with one eye on Monday's FA Cup quarter-final with Man United.

"It's a disgrace and it's scandalous," fumed Warnock. "I know Gareth's a friend of Stuart's, but I don't think a club like Boro should disrespect Sheffield United and it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. Middlesbrough play West Ham next and Alan Curbishley is another mate of Gareth's. He'll probably not bother there, either."

Effectively, Warnock seems to be accusing Southgate of deliberately not trying to win games for 'Boro against teams with managers he's friendly with.

Yet it was Warnock himself, who prior to Sheffield United's match against Arsenal on 30 December, with a fixture against Middlesbrough coming up two days later, said: "Squad rotation may come into it. I will have to be careful who I select against Arsenal and may even play a second XI."

Warnock is the man who fielded a reserve team when Sheffield United crashed out of the FA Cup at home to Swansea City - and now he says he's against teams putting out anything less than their strongest XI.

Some might suggest that Warnock was being disrespectful towards the FA Cup and indeed disrespectful towards the teams who are challenging Arsenal for the 4th Champions League spot.

Video link:

I bet Warnock was furious with West Ham's second goal on Saturday. Warnock will be conscious that West Ham looked dead and buried before Saturday, but the Hammers' win over Rovers has given West Ham a bit of hope now that they can overtake Sheffield United in the battle for the drop.

Warnock has branded Gareth Southgate "a disgrace" after the 'Boro boss fielded a weakened line-up in their match against Man City on Saturday. Southgate rested striker Mark Viduka and Jonathan Woodgate with one eye on Monday's FA Cup quarter-final with Man United.

"It's a disgrace and it's scandalous," fumed Warnock. "I know Gareth's a friend of Stuart's, but I don't think a club like Boro should disrespect Sheffield United and it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. Middlesbrough play West Ham next and Alan Curbishley is another mate of Gareth's. He'll probably not bother there, either."

Effectively, Warnock seems to be accusing Southgate of deliberately not trying to win games for 'Boro against teams with managers he's friendly with.

Yet it was Warnock himself, who prior to Sheffield United's match against Arsenal on 30 December, with a fixture against Middlesbrough coming up two days later, said: "Squad rotation may come into it. I will have to be careful who I select against Arsenal and may even play a second XI."

Warnock is the man who fielded a reserve team when Sheffield United crashed out of the FA Cup at home to Swansea City - and now he says he's against teams putting out anything less than their strongest XI.

Some might suggest that Warnock was being disrespectful towards the FA Cup and indeed disrespectful towards the teams who are challenging Arsenal for the 4th Champions League spot.

Neil Warnock is a bell end

This just crept on me from the Sam Allerdice v Allan Green Thread.

I just thought I'd create a league table of managers who you just want to smack in the gob.

The worst are at the top. The good guys are at the bottom. Feel free to have a juggle.

(i)Jose Mourinho: Rich as Croesus still moans like a c**t whenever one of his players cripples another and vice versa. He could have 11 broken legs in the squad and still win the Premiership. You've got English as a second/third language as an excuse for the moment.

(ii)Sam Allerdyce: I am fast going off Sam. I used to think he was a good guy doing good things with a small team on a limited budget. However his past six months of unfettered moaning and griping about just everything from offsides, to the state of the pitch, to fixture congestion, onto his players going off the The Africans Nations Cup just about gets on my busoms. Shut your gob Sam.

(iii) RFW: What more can we add to the genius of RFW? If anything he has been a victim of his own success in the past. Who can ever forget the grey shirts at Southhampton & the rugby match played at The Theatre Of Nighmares two weeks before. Plus his refusal to talk to the BBC and MUFCTV.

(iv) Harry Redknapp: I was going to put Harry at about (ix) but then thought about it a bit. He left West Ham in a hissy fit, then the did the same to Portsmouth, Southampton & as he's back at Portsmouth he's having a whine about how the squad isn't just the way he left it. Plus he twitches. You watch him on telly. He's like he's got an electronic cattle prod up his rectal passage.

(v) Arsene Wenger He did not see the incident. If he had a handbag with a brick in it he would be dangerous. Quick handshake to oposing manager, then "WHAP"

(vi) Graeme Souness: That complete cow "Lady Luck" was a prominent feature in his last year or so with us. He's dropped her since he went to Newcastle and replaced her with diatrabes aimed at the ref, & moaning at injuries

(vii)Steve Bruce: Bernard Cribbins is a serial moaner from sending-offs to free kicks to penalties to throw-ins. He's learnt from the past master(see iii)

(viii) David O'Leary: Not as bad as he was at Leeds, but still prone to outbursts of self-pity and moaning about having a small squad. Then some penalties

(ix) Chris Coleman: Not bad actually. Usually calm and collected, but can get a bit angry when he sees a dubious decision.

(x) Alan Pardew (see ix)

(xi) Alan Curbishley (see ix)

(xi) Steve McLaren: (see ix) sorry, getting a bit lazy...

(xii) David Moyes "The Gargoyle" as Liverpool fans fondly know him, is usually eloquent and fair-minded and has been known in the past to admit that "the boy deseved that booking" & " I thought the sending off was a little bit harsh." That's his own players BTW

(xiii) Bryan Robson generally keeps his gob shut. He knows he's facing a hard task and has decided not to blame it on everyone else.

(xiv) Raphael Benitez: One of the most restrained and laid back managers. Most people were rather surprised by his condemnation Of Bolton last week as he usually doesn't speak out.

(xv) Stuart Pierce: How the heck Psycho does't transfer his pitch-side angst to the TV cameras & the press is beyond me, He should be there in front of the sponsors' names screaming abuse at the players, the backroom staff, the supporters, the board at MCFC, the shareholders, Manchester City Council, and everyone who didn't buy The Lurkers first record. He'll crack one day and it'll be great.

(xvi) Mark Hughes

(xvii) Martin Jol: a bit like (xiv) really. He doesn't have a tendancy to get all precious.

(xvii) Mick McCarthey: Mick is well and truely screwed so there is little point in him complaining about an offsided flag when thay have lost 5-0 again. He's resigned to his fate.

(xviii) (thats 18 BTW) Paul Jewel: Gob shut, mind open. Good bloke.

Is it me or have you forgot Neil Warnock? Surely he has to be Number 1 right??

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.