BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Corrado Grabbi

Yet another travesty against t'big club. It was almost as savage and gut wrenching as Durkin disallowing Sherwoods goal at OT in 94/95 season........ the little git was the only person including the entire MU team, the entire crowd and in fact the whole country who thought Shearer had fouled Keane!

I still get annoyed about that and the Gerald Ashby decision to send off Berg for tackling Lee Sharpe in the corresponding fixture. At least Grabbi had a few good moments - the equaliser v Liverpool, the cross for Yorke's goal at Bolton and I think he scored a good un v Everton. Clutching at straws here!

I still get annoyed about that and the Gerald Ashby decision to send off Berg for tackling Lee Sharpe in the corresponding fixture. At least Grabbi had a few good moments - the equaliser v Liverpool, the cross for Yorke's goal at Bolton and I think he scored a good un v Everton. Clutching at straws here!

I agree Manc Rover.

In fairness he did end up costing us a few points and a heck of a lot of money, but he always tried to give his all. When chatting to Shorty one day, he said he was a very talented player, but way down on confidence. He had a lethal shot on him as well. Never forget another effort in the Everton game that cannoned off the bar.

Let's not forget his 2nd goal for the club.

_1760188_grabbi300.jpg

A delightful finish inside the box. I remember going mad in a bar when he scored. Thought he had turned the corner for us!!

And his header against the Scousers. Truely delighteful with only a few minutes remaining.

CURRENT TIMES:-

grabbi.jpg

As Florida reported Ciccio hasn't managed a start for Arezzo, but with further insight into their player profiles, then neither have any of their player for that matter.

Done a quick check and found that he's wearing squad number 5 and definitely hasn't started any of their games. Arezzo are currently languishing bottom of the league scoring 20 goals in 25 games.

I still feel that if Grabbi's goal, against Manure had stood (and it should have) he'd have been a legend at Ewood despite his subsequent displays. :lol:

Didn't he also smash one against the bar from about 6 yards out in the same game?

Just speculating idly here, but does anyone reckon that if Grabbi had come here recently (but just as he was then) under the MH regime instead of the Souey regime, then MAYBE things would have worked out differently for all concerned.

Sparky does seem to have a talent for taking on players with unfulfilled promise and a shortage of confidence and turning them into very useful players.

Edited by Fife Rover

Just speculating idly here, but does anyone reckon that if Grabbi had come here recently (but just as he was then) under the MH regime instead of the Souey regime, then MAYBE things would have worked out differently for all concerned.

Sparky does seem to have a talent for taking on players with unfulfilled promise and a shortage of confidence and turning them into very useful players.

But was there actually any potential to start with? Remember we bought him based on his agent's compilation of goals and it wouldn't surprise me if a few of them weren't scored with his back to the camera! (Or when he was at school)

But was there actually any potential to start with? Remember we bought him based on his agent's compilation of goals and it wouldn't surprise me if a few of them weren't scored with his back to the camera! (Or when he was at school)

Jan: I do know a footballer when I see one, and what I saw when I watched Grabbi in the Rovers colours was a player with a strikers instincts but lacking in confidence most of the time. He did very occasionally seem to forget his fear and produce the goods. An example being his performance against Man U. as discussed earlier in this thread.

Edited by Fife Rover

Jan: I do know a footballer when I see one, and what I saw when I watched Grabbi in the Rovers colours was a player with a strikers instincts but lacking in confidence most of the time. He did very occasionally seem to forget his fear and produce the goods. An example being his performance against Man U. as discussed earlier in this thread.

I completely disagree, I couldn't believe how poor Grabbi was right from the first minute of his first game (the friendly v Barcelona) It was obvious from an extremely early stage we'd been "sold a pup" but people just didn't want to believe it at the time because we'd lashed out a club record 7m on him and they wanted him to succeed so badly.

I don't think anyone could have made anything out of Grabbi and that tends to be corroborated by the fact he subsequently failed to make any sort of impact at much lower levels.

Conversely, with his vastly superior fitness regime, I think Hughes would have made a very useful player out of Davies in much the same way Allardyce has done.

Wow. That might be the first post you've made in months Rev that I completely agree with.

I remember going to the first league game of the season with a mate, away at Derby, to see Grabbi's league debut. We both couldn't believe Souness had paid £7m for Grabbi. He was useless and got progressively worse.

If there's ever been a dodgy transfer in the history of the game that was it.

Wow. That might be the first post you've made in months Rev that I completely agree with.

I remember going to the first league game of the season with a mate, away at Derby, to see Grabbi's league debut. We both couldn't believe Souness had paid £7m for Grabbi. He was useless and got progressively worse.

BUt at least he looked good in those lycra shorts!!!!

I completely disagree, I couldn't believe how poor Grabbi was right from the first minute of his first game (the friendly v Barcelona) It was obvious from an extremely early stage we'd been "sold a pup" but people just didn't want to believe it at the time because we'd lashed out a club record 7m on him and they wanted him to succeed so badly.

I don't think anyone could have made anything out of Grabbi and that tends to be corroborated by the fact he subsequently failed to make any sort of impact at much lower levels.

Conversely, with his vastly superior fitness regime, I think Hughes would have made a very useful player out of Davies in much the same way Allardyce has done.

Bang on! Hughes might have chanced him on a free but he would NEVER hAve paid seriously big money for him! We were done big time and whether Souness had a finger in the pie is a far greater issue imo than Big sams son being dodgy or Arry thinking Todd is a well ard barsteward. ! :angry:

Edited by thenodrog

It was obvious from an extremely early stage we'd been "sold a pup" but people just didn't want to believe it at the time because we'd lashed out a club record 7m on him and they wanted him to succeed so badly.

In your excitable haste to slag him off, I think you're forgettign that at the time fat Kev was out record signing.

Careful , Scotty ....I nearly got in trouble on here for suggesting that :unsure:

Not only did Ternana get the £7 million pounds approx (do u think we're still paying the instalments?) - they also got an opportunity to humiliate us in a friendly game out of the deal.

And we didn't even get an opportunity to see Grabbi score a trademark penalty.

Joined Rovers on 17-06-2001 Officially departed on 01-01-2004 .In league play 11 starts (19) subs and scored 2goals.In the FA Cup he started one time and had 2 sub appearances but did score a lone goal.In the league cup he started twice and 3 subs withone goal scored.He also made 2 other starts and one sub in UEFA cup play and scored his lone goal as the onlygoal in a 1-1 draw with CSKA Sofia.41 total times he played as starter or sub and scored 5 goals.

read it and weep.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.