BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Will England Win The World Cup

Paul

How far will England progress in Germany?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Winners

• Winners
    • Finalists
    • Third
    • Fourth
    • Quarter Finals
    • Second Round
    • Fail to qualify from group stage

Even without Rooney we should make the quarter finals without a problem but we may struggle to go further. I've gone for fourth as I expect Rooney to be fit and playing well by the quarter final match. We have a squad to give Brazil or any other a very good game and we could win it but I think a semi final finish is more likely (I've gone for 3rd).

Terry did not foul the GK.

Ricardo jumped onto him.

We would have won that Tournament as well.

:lol: Of course you would.

And it was a foul. The type that gets called every week in the Premiership. Goalkeepers may be overprotected but them's the rules.

You'll never convince me that it was a foul, but it is just one of those issues where people will always disagree. Had we won that match then yes, we could have won the tournament, I wouldn't say that we would have because you never know.

Everyone has to take this warm-up games with a pinch of salt. You are looking at a bunch of players who have their minds set on not getting injured. All they want to do is go through the motions and get used to playing with each other again. I have yet to see a team really impress during the build-up to the tournament, but I'm not put off by results like Italy drawing with Switzerland. Each nation will be a different prospect when the actual tournament comes around and England have the quality to beat anyone, with or without Rooney. Whether they will or not is another matter and a lot of it will come down to luck and who pulls out that special performance on the day. I don't have them as my favourites, but there are lots of pros and cons when you look over every team in this tournament and I think England will produce the goods this time around. I think they will at least get a place in the semi-final and once you get to that stage you never know.

Even without Rooney we should make the quarter finals without a problem but we may struggle to go further. I've gone for fourth as I expect Rooney to be fit and playing well by the quarter final match. We have a squad to give Brazil or any other a very good game and we could win it but I think a semi final finish is more likely (I've gone for 3rd).

SO what have you gone for? :rolleyes:

It's ridiculous to think that such a thing could be classified as a foul, but in this day and age, you can't touch a goalie, so in that respect it was a 'foul'. On the flip side, if it had been Carvalho who had challenged Robinson and the goal was awarded, England fans would have gone ballistic. It comes down to what team you support and that will affect how you interpret the incident.

Interesting to see that half the votes have gone for england to go out at the quarter finals or earlier. I guess that shows Englands fans are not so arrogant as they are portrayed to be...

Or maybe it is just all the Aussies, Americans and Scandinavians on here!

I think Lehmann got it right in the press recently - England have a mental block about winning the world cup - we'll win the third place play off against a South American pub team. By that time no one will care.

But my heart says... COME ON ENGLAND - IT NOW OR NEVER!!!!!! LAND OF HOPE AND GLORY

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.