BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Argentina 6 Serbia 0

philipl

That was one of the most devastatingly impressive results that I've ever seen. The Argies were one of the favourites before the tournament, but now they most be odds on to win the whole thing. Their passing, possession, awareness, touch, technique and skill was on a different planet. They have a game plan and tactics that utilise their ability and they stick to it, playing patiently until they get the opening they want. Being able to bring the likes of Tevez and Messi off the bench only adds to the strength of this side. There's no way in the world that anyone would have seen this result coming, because Serbia and Montinegro are a good side, who only conceded one goal in qualifing. The fact that they were down to 10 men and had clearly had enough, added to the amount of goals scored, but that doesn't take the gloss off a remarkable display by Argentina.

Didn't see the whole game, but it looked to me as though the Serbs simply couldn't be bothered for most of the game. There was no closing down whatsoever, and the defending was dire. I think most decent teams in the tournament would have murdered them.

Zigic didn't play.

Serbia has some very good players, like Djordjevic and well, Zigic, and I'm sad to see them not going through to the next round. Argentina looks very sharp, if they can keep things up I'm sure they will become one of the hottest candidates for winning the whole thing. Would rather have Argentina win it than Brazil anyway..

Zigic looked as mobile as an artheritic tortoise against Holland. Even Heskey would have been better !.

I wish we could pass the ball about, and look as comfortable as the Argies have been. Instead, we have a load of headless chickens hoofing it up to the strikers with no skill.

I haven't seen any of the match because i were in my PE exam all afternoon but did 6-0 flatter Argentina or were the Serbs really as bad as the scoreline suggests?

Zigic looked as mobile as an artheritic tortoise against Holland. Even Heskey would have been better !.

I wish we could pass the ball about, and look as comfortable as the Argies have been. Instead, we have a load of headless chickens hoofing it up to the strikers with no skill.

Don't worry. You'll still win it.

When Zigic didn't play, the mentality of those that did has no bearing on him. Unless you'd like to stereotype all Serbs.

I'm not going to get into a cultural debate but Serbs aren't suited to the Premier League. Some time ago I listed about 10 Serbs (I need to add Kezman, Jokanovic, and Croat Stanic) who have been to England and gone back quickly as they didn't do anything, and I believe that Zigic will be another. We'll have to play him loads and all he'll do is sit on his stringbean ar$e and collect the cash.

I haven't seen any of the match because i were in my PE exam all afternoon but did 6-0 flatter Argentina or were the Serbs really as bad as the scoreline suggests?

They were a class act with top quality players throughout the team. They even have the luxury of having players like Messi and Tevez on the bench.

The best team in the tournament on the evidence to date.

They were a class act with top quality players throughout the team. They even have the luxury of having players like Messi and Tevez on the bench.

The best team in the tournament on the evidence to date.

Agree entirely - although player for player England are as good - I'm just clinging onto the "England haven't peaked yet". Fact is Argentina are looking unstoppable whilst England and Brazil are playing like they've forgotten their P.E kits and are having to play in their shoes and underpants. (and yes, I had a difficult time at school :) )

The political problems might have had an influence in Serbia and Montenegro perfomance today.

If some players play for the love of their country, these ones don't know which country they are playing for.

And, when things go bad, everyone blames the other...

Edited by Oklahoma

What a demolition. It doesn't help the poor serbs that they lost their best defender or the tournament and then another one in the warm up.

They looked all over the place at the back, but Cambiasso's goal was the best team goal I have seen, including the replays of the 1970 Brazil goal.

Class

Edited by neekoy

yeah, the Argies second is surely the best World Cup goal ever (even tho Carlos Alberto's goal was in the finals against Italy).

The initial passing was assured and nonchalant, Saviola's one-two was exceptional, especially when he received a difficult ball back but killed it with a deft touch and sprayed it to Cambiasso, who got it to Crespo and a delightful back-heel returns the ball to Cambiasso and he finishes with style.

How many long balls did the Argentinian defenders play?

Edited by rover6

I've seen the highlights now of the match and if they didn't just show all the best Argentina bits but most of their play, i have to say that they are the best side in the tournament without a doubt.

They will probably go on to win it IMO if they can play like that each match.

Best goal ever? Think that is going a bit far.

I really think so. The best goals are always played on loop almost everywhere on the run up to World Cups and I have never seen a goal like that one.

The edited highlight of the goal doesn't show all the assured passing (24 altogether) which was everything but ponderous.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.