BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rooney V Torres

LOL - I know you're Australian but please make an effort to watch football, it'll stop you making such a foolish post. I'm guessing you copy and pasted that list from the The Age.

Those names rolled straight off my tongue it was that easy to name better players who not only are much better players but also have more career achievements.

Rooney has achieved nothing, he is overrated scum who if he wasn't English wouldn't rate a mention as part of the world best on this board.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those names rolled straight off my tongue it was that easy to name better players who not only are much better players but also have more career achievements.

Rooney has achieved nothing, he is overrated scum who if he wasn't English wouldn't rate a mention as part of the world best on this board.

wasnt asking if any others are betteror if he was worlds best just between these two youngsters.....and WHY IS ROONEY SCUM?????

OOOPS JUST REAL;ISED HES ENGLISH..GOT WERE YOUR COMING FROM.

Edited by ABBEY

Why is he scum ? Who are you to comment anyway, you don't even live here. Why don't you just go and throw another worm on the camp fire (or whatever you're supposed to do).

Let's see how far the overrated scum will contribute to England's campaign, compared to the ludicrously tagged 'socceroos'.

Dick.

You beat me to it.

Head and shoulders above what the little ugly thug will ever be. And he's younger.

I must be missing something here. Why is he a thug ?

Should I expect an answer, or eight paragraphs on why you hate Souness. Strongly suspect you hate souness at all. Probably dig out your photo of him brandishing the shotgun, shove in your batteries, pull up the quilt and buzz the night away.

Why is he scum ? Who are you to comment anyway, you don't even live here. Why don't you just go and throw another worm on the camp fire (or whatever you're supposed to do).

Let's see how far the overrated scum will contribute to England's campaign, compared to the ludicrously tagged 'socceroos'.

Dick.

The fact that he doesn't live "there" is irrelevent, his comment is just as valid as any you may wish to make.

We are talking about a footballer, 20 years old or so, who shags 45 year old "ladies".

"ludicrously tagged" :lol:

seems like you're getting rattled, but weren't you not going to watch anymore games, AS. I thought you were taking the kids to the Zoo or something. Gee, you might even see a Koala, or even a Kangaroo.

Errr he didnt - another "True" storey from the Sun/News of the World

Doesn't matter whether he did or he didn't (he did actually), it doesn't mean he is "scum".

Machine minders in Sydney know best though

seems like you're getting rattled, but weren't you not going to watch anymore games, AS.

Not rattled, just wish accusations were substantiated sometimes. Rooney is a gifted footballer and is branded 'overrated' and 'scum' with no rationale whatsoever.

Not going to the zoo this afternoon, nearest thing to down under.

Off to Burnley.

:rolleyes:

Not rattled, just wish accusations were substantiated sometimes. Rooney is a gifted footballer and is branded 'overrated' and 'scum' with no rationale whatsoever.

Not going to the zoo this afternoon, nearest thing to down under.

Off to Burnley.

:rolleyes:

And, AS, he's a role model for the youth of the UK.

It's not that long ago that people on here were talking about him being the "new Gazza". Great footballer, but "lacking" in other areas.

Tell me, who, or what, has given him the "image" that he's got?

Abs, a lot are, a lot aren't.

A lot of Rugby League players are made out to be role models, but some, just some, of their comrades stuff it up by doing stupid things. It's got to the stage where if a player gets drunk, hits someone and they'll end up having their contract torn up and being unemployable, no team will touch them.

If Bellamy were playing League in Australia at the mo, there's a real good chance he'd be out on his ear, with all of his "problems".

Didn't say that Abs.

What I did say was, in the NRL, if you behave like a jerk, then there's a good chance that your contract will be torn up and you won't be able to play at that level again. It's called contrary conduct, bringing the game into disrepute, if found guilty, the minimum is a steep fine

Best to put it this way.

There are better role models for the kids of Britain than Rooney.

Have a look back through some of the threads on here, they are not very respectful of the Roon.

Edited by dave birch

Didn't say that Abs.

What I did say was, in the NRL, if you behave like a jerk, then there's a good chance that your contract will be torn up and you won't be able to play at that level again. It's called contrary conduct, bringing the game into disrepute, if found guilty, the minimum is a steep fine

Best to put it this way.

There are better role models for the kids of Britain than Rooney.

Have a look back through some of the threads on here, they are not very respectful of the Roon.

Rooney is perfectly fine role model for kids...after all he is their role model because of his ability and what he does on the football pitch...the fact that he nailed a 45yr old hooker means absolutely nothing...it doesn't mean all his fans are going to do it!!! I bet the majority of kids dont have a clue about what he does in his private life anyway because they dont read the ###### tabloids!

As for the NRL....doing that sort of thing in the PL would be impossible due to the proximity of the other major leagues...italy, spain, grermany etc whereas you guys are out on your arse in the middle of nowhere!!

And while we're on it i too have noticed the anti-English sentiment of a few of the Aussie users...i know everyone is feeling ultra patriotic because its the world cup and all but there's no reason to go over board...after all...most of you have our blood anyway!

Edited by cn_barlow

Only by those snobs who seem to think that they're on a different intellectual plane to a working class lad like Rooney . To$$ers .

Only by those snobs who seem to think that they're on a different intellectual plane to a working class lad like Rooney . To$$ers .

It's not quite that clear cut - Shearer was a sheet metal worker's son from somewhere or other wasn't he and you never saw him conducting himself like Rooney.

Rooney has been blessed with sublime footballing talent but off the pich is obviously as thick as two short planks. He's only 20 but has already been caught up in the Hookers and gambling scandals. This close season he breaks his toe and presumably spends all night standing up at The Beckhams' party.

You might say nothing too wrong with that , lads will be lads and all that and I'd agree to some extent. But he's still got a hell of a long way to go before he proves he's a truly great player, not just another Gazza without the cheeky charm.

Or George Best without the charisma. Or looks. Or European Cup winners medal. Or European footballer of the year award. Or League titles.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

Shane Warne is a convicted drug taker yet is seen as sporting role model in that great open-air prison.

Very odd.

You're being harsh on Rooney, Rev. His "indiscretions" took mplace before he was involved with the lovely Coleen I believe. Considering the pressure and constant media spotlight he is under I think the lad handles himself very well.

It looks like to me that Rooney is carrying a bit of weight after that injury. He's no doubt a good player, and although he's only had one and half matches under his belt (two now as the Ecuador game continues), in WC, these little amounts of time are where you prove yourself. He's yet done anything outstanding.

Edited by Shaddy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.