BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rooney V Torres

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its the thug English tinted glasses again.

Amen to that. Its frustrating to see people claiming Rooney as much better than Torres, Terry as much better than Puyol, and the English team as "the best side after Brazil" only because they watch the EPL more than La Liga :rolleyes:

How many goals did torres score last season a paltry 13 , rooney scored 20ish and he plays just behind the main striker. By the way rooney is also younger than torres and i watch la liga regurley . Torres is a quality player but there is no comparison to rooney who i rate in top 5 players in the world

How many goals did torres score last season a paltry 13 , rooney scored 20ish and he plays just behind the main striker. By the way rooney is also younger than torres and i watch la liga regurley . Torres is a quality player but there is no comparison to rooney who i rate in top 5 players in the world

Torres plays for a mediocre Spanish side, Rooney plays in the 2nd best team in England along with players like Saha, RVN and Ronaldo.

You can rate Rooney in the top 5 players in the world, no one is stopping you from that. B)

However, neutral observers wont consider Torres as much far off from Rooney.

Just because the British media hypes him up doesnt make him much better than Torres.

Rooney is not in the bloody top 5 players in the world. He is not even in the top 10 or 15.

Ronaldinho, Henry, Shevchenko, Gerrard, Riquelme, Deco, Ronaldo, Adriano, Puyol, Eto, Saviola, Crespo, Kaka, Ibrahimović, Ballack, Cannavaro, Nesta, Robben and the list goes on

Rooney is not even the best player in England, I would have Gerrard, Lampard, Terry and even Owen when in form ahead of him

And you wouldn't give both nuts to have him at Ewood ? :wstu:

I wouldnt sacrifice either of my love jewels for any player, but yes I'd Rooney at Blackburn. But if someone had me up against the wall with a knife and said Blackburn can have Rooney or Torres but not both, I'd pick Torres. And even if Rooney played for Blackburn, I wouldnt have to like the over-hyped, lardy dip-s**t either.

Rooney is not in the bloody top 5 players in the world. He is not even in the top 10 or 15.

Ronaldinho, Henry, Shevchenko, Gerrard, Riquelme, Deco, Ronaldo, Adriano, Puyol, Eto'o, Saviola, Crespo, Kaka, Ibrahimović, Ballack, Cannavaro, Nesta, Robben and the list goes on

Rooney is not even the best player in England, I would have Gerrard, Lampard, Terry and even Owen when in form ahead of him

Oh dear, he's comprehensively better than those in bold already, and a case could be made for many of the others.

Torres plays for a mediocre Spanish side, Rooney plays in the 2nd best team in England along with players like Saha, RVN and Ronaldo.

Yes, and they're a vastly inferior side without him. He makes both England and United tick, and he's still only 20 years of age. Frightening.

Ronaldinho, Henry, Shevchenko, Gerrard, Riquelme, Deco, Ronaldo, Adriano, Puyol, Eto, Saviola, Crespo, Kaka, Ibrahimović, Ballack, Cannavaro, Nesta, Robben and the list goes on

LOL - I know you're Australian but please make an effort to watch football, it'll stop you making such a foolish post. I'm guessing you copy and pasted that list from the The Age.

Both super talented players. But I do think that a lot of people wear those english tinted glasses... as far as talent goes... talk about Messi will you. Now theres a player that will make it big!

With rgds to a top 5 or 10 list.. thats always going to be hard isnt it... do you base on form the few months or do you take into consideration how they have performed over the past 2 years...

If its the first neither Adriano og Zlatan would make the list.If its based on the latter both these players would make the list...

I gues we could all agree that all players on this post are damn talented and a joy to watch. Thank god for the world cup=)!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.