BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] So Just Where Are All The Ex-rovers?

I was reading an edition of Lancashire Life yesterday. It was last years edition, but there was an article about Craig Short in it.

He talked about his 6 yrs at Blackburn and said they were the 6 best years of his life. He also recalled living on a boat in the Lakes and driving down to Brockhall for training, then returning afterwards. He never liked golfing like most other players and always loved sailing. He's now [or was last year] running a sailing school at Windermere. He's also taking a coaching badge as back up, in case he ever feels the need to go back into football.

I've read an article about him in the last few months (can't remember where). He seems to be completely committed to sailing now. As well as the Windermere stuff he has been taking boats around the Med and even across the Atlantic.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see this one coming, Keith Barker remember him! :rover:

The Barkers are something of a cricketing dynasty at Enfield (in the Lancashire League) - think I played against his dad about 30 years ago! And there was at least one generation playing at Enfield before that. Don't know if any of em got as far as county, even 2nd XI though.

• 2 weeks later...
Broomes has gone to Blackpool according to the BBC

Saw him last season on a scouting mission for a mate...and he has lost it big time. Grayson will sort him so me mate says. but he was a very very good footballer. Shame.