BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jemal Johnson

Hi i am a wolves fan and i hope it is okay to post here.

Jemal johnson is currently on trial at wolves and i was wondering what your thoughts on him were and whether you think he would be a good signing. I myself saw him at wolves v blackburn reserves 2 years ago and he tore us apart but his career seems to have stalled even though he appears to score regularly in your reserve team. Your thoughts on him would be greatfully received.

peter

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

smart answer there greggyk :blink:

About Johnson, we haven't seen much of him at ewood in regards of the first team, so there isn't much to say. He's quite pacy though, but just seems way to light weight for the Premier League. You should not expect him to take the Championship by storm either. But, if he is given a fair chance he might prove to be a usefull signing for you guys.

Btw, how is Olofinjana doing? He was great playing for my local side in Norway, SK Brann.

He reminds me very much of pongole (and thats not because they look the same)

I think he would do a good job for you in fact, if you took Kuqi as well and stuck them both up front then you will soon climb that table however, Jemel isnt Prem quality - in my humble opinion.

smart answer there greggyk :blink:

About Johnson, we haven't seen much of him at ewood in regards of the first team, so there isn't much to say. He's quite pacy though, but just seems way to light weight for the Premier League. You should not expect him to take the Championship by storm either. But, if he is given a fair chance he might prove to be a usefull signing for you guys.

Btw, how is Olofinjana doing? He was great playing for my local side in Norway, SK Brann.

Hi

Olifininjana had a serious injury last season and he was out for six months but he's recovered and been playing well in pre season. Hasn't lived up to expectations when he first came and needs to improve.

IMO Jemals biggest problem is that he thinks he is much better than he is. He seems to have a superstar ego without much to back it up although he does seem to have decent pace and an eye for goal. He isn't the biggest of players either which counts against you as a striker unless you do possess real quality.

He assumed he would make a big mark at PNE last year but according to my PNE contacts he started with a very promising debut and a great goal, then did nothing thereafter.

I saw JJ playing for Rovers reserves in a PSF at Chorley, and Wolves fans will remember Chorley ;)

His physical presence is a hinderance(he is tiny, like a small kid) and does not appear to have the skill to compensate, like for example SWP.

Championship level is probably his best bet.

As some people said he's a tad too small for the Premiership.

He's quick andwill be useful for yourselves in the Championship. Was chatting to a few of the Media in Darlington when he was out on loan and done well. 9 games, 3 goals and made a few assists. He is fairly skillful and will be a threat in the Championship, but won't take it by storm.

Please take him on a permanent deal, the lads got pace but nothing else. He hardly set the world alight when he were playing for nobbenders in Preston so i don't think he'll be up to much for the nt so mighty Wolves.

Please take him on a permanent deal, the lads got pace but nothing else. He hardly set the world alight when he were playing for nobbenders in Preston so i don't think he'll be up to much for the nt so mighty Wolves.

On the other hand, McCarthy does seem to like signing our strikers.

You should try PNE supporters websites as he was on loan there for part of last year.

Radio Lancs said today the deal could be a loan or a permanent deal.

But the LET today are saying he's there with a view to a permanent deal.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.