BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Illegal Streaming

Paul

Illegal streaming is simply that, illegal. We've had a rash of links tonight all of which are illegal. Our ISP would probably shut the site down first and ask questions later if there was a complaint made against the site.

Would members please stop posting these links.

thanks

So no more watching North Korea v Tajikistan care of Shanghai Sports via TV Ants.

That will teach us for dreaming anybody anywhere amongst the 6 billion people in this world would think Rovers would be worth watching.

Not in Lancashire

Manchester

London

New York

Hollywood

Salzburg

Eurovision

The whole of China

anywhere else in the Far East who put thelights out for 7 minutes

anywhere Dr Who or Ford Prefect have been

just nobody

wants

to

watch

Rovers

We're just a small town in Europe

Paul,

I will apologise now for knowingly posting one of these links tonight.

Even after posting 2 messages giving the biggest hints I could without including actual links, there were still so many fans posting requests for the actual instructions that I couldn't satisfy them all via PMs and didn't want anyone to miss out (they didn't as it turned out).

I knew the mods would be on the ball with my link post, but I just felt it was worth it given the content tonight.

I hope you understand my reason for breaking the sites posting rules. Once again, I apologise.

Regards,

Paul

Ive been put under pressure to stop drinking beer.

However it isnt illegal for me to drink beer. So I will. Much to the delight of the local landlords and off licences. :lol:

Ive not seen a single direct link to any illeagl stream this evening, there have been one or two mentions of sites where such information can be found, I have no doubt there have been many PM's with detailed instructions on how to do it.

Edited by stuwilky

Paul,

I will apologise now for knowingly posting one of these links tonight.

Thanks Paul, it's not a problem.

The remarks are general, not aimed at you. Several people did it and have in the past, there was just a rash of links tonight. None of us are daft and we know what is happening. While the whole issue is questionable we, Ste, Glenn and I, have to make a judgement. On balance we feel we shouldn't allow the links. Why? The main reasons are below:

1. Other fan sites have been shut down for lesser and similar things. Any ISP receiving a letter from solictors acting for, say UEFA, is going to shut down first and ask questions later. It's questionable if we'd return. There won't be polite warnings from the ISP

2. Infringement of Copyright - in the past we have received warnings over posts that infringed copyright. This was sorted out but we don't want to go there again. It's a grey area, little sites can't run the risk.

3. For some people there is the issue regarding attendance/Sky etc. The debate is for another thread, but we don't want to support activity which may harm attendance at Ewood.

4. If there is ever a problem with copyright, libel etc it is not beyond the bounds of possibility of the three admins being sued. Personally I ain't putting my house on the line for you guys :)

The whole thing is a legal minefield, we don't know the answers and will continue to err on the side of caution

Edited by Paul

Having been done over by the pay "illegal" streaming sites i would suggest that nobody ever pays for it again.

Rovers are never on anyway, or if we are it's when we are on sky so there is no advantage.

People shouldn't post links as it isn't exactly difficult to find free sites that give you streams. Don't give them an excuse to close this place down!

I think the "rash of links" was a little over the top. As Stu Wilky mentioned, I only saw one direct link the rest were helpful hints.

I have no problem at all with the mods direction on this. I agree with them protecting the site.

As I mentioned to Den earlier in the day, I think the rash of requests for pm's should have been stamped out from the beginning to stop the thread ending up as it did.

No, there wasn't a flood of links, but the threat was there all day. Links were being made on the official m/b and it was possible that it would have overflowed onto here. Better to make everyone aware of the potential problem.

Difficult to actually stop the Pm's Biddy.

Everything worked out fine though, so no problem.

I think the "rash of links" was a little over the top. As Stu Wilky mentioned, I only saw one direct link the rest were helpful hints.

I deleted eight links in an hour last night and one complete thread. I think den and Cornwall both deleted at least one link each. I had to spend my time deleting stuff when I wanted to listen to Radio Lancs in the kitchen!!!!!

In the past we've had warnings from the LET (several), the PL Fixtures people - no doubt what they where saying :( - and a couple of others Glenn dealt with. I pulled most of this stuff, didn't intend to go over the top but I feel at 10 instances we were pushing things a bit!

I have no problem at all with the mods direction on this. I agree with them protecting the site.

As I mentioned to Den earlier in the day, I think the rash of requests for pm's should have been stamped out from the beginning to stop the thread ending up as it did.

At one point there were so many PM requesting links it looked as though the only thing to do was to pull the whole thread as it was a mess. In the end it seemed simply to leave it.

I'll hold my hands up to this one, i were PM'ing links to streaming sites to god knows how many board members last night, on reflection i shouldn't have done it but the television companies and radio stations left us fans with no real alternative.

Still if its illegal that will the last of it for me as i'd hate this MB to get in any sort of legal case because of some members (including myself) posting links to streaming sites.

On a related note, I mentioned to my GF about us being the only team not on TV.

She, in turn, spoke to a colleague at her workplace about it, and he said "who would want to watch a team that just kicks the **** out of the opposition".

It's quotes like that; that I hope spur on our team to do well.

llegal Streaming kill us.

I know well.

I refused llegal Streaming untill last season,

but now i really puzzled that it.

'cause, I CAN NOT watch the FULL game on TV (In Japan)

Culb is NOT set up of alternate perception.

Shoud I content me with just only poor Rovers World Higlight?

When my request fix it?

Last night, I was only listening Rovers wWorld ,in the end.

but , Now, I still thinking llegal Streaming.....

On a related note, I mentioned to my GF about us being the only team not on TV.

She, in turn, spoke to a colleague at her workplace about it, and he said "who would want to watch a team that just kicks the **** out of the opposition".

It's quotes like that; that I hope spur on our team to do well.

The way we're playing at the moment - going back to kicking the crap out of people and winning is fine by me

Im not sure - if the games not being shown in this country on TV, is it illegal to find a streaming site or link to one?

Is everything on You Tube illegal?

Over my paygrade therefore Id say err on the side of caution and not let anyone out links up.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.