BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rock Bottom

Seggie

I still can't beleive that one of the20 shot on goal we had in that game didn't go in, their keeper performed miracles in that game (should have had a drug test after). Then we conceded from the only shot they had all match, Not a nice memory at all. :(

Edited by grizfoot

• 1 month later...

This was worst result I have ever suffered as a Rovers supporter. The damnable thing was that it was so bloody inevitable.

It has to rank up there with the disgraceful home defeat by a long-doomed Forest-completely and utterly unacceptable. I have never felt so low as I did that afternoon.

Edited by Rovermatt

I remember being torn between tearing my hair out and bursting into tears when Crewe scored that day (Colin "complete lunatic" Cramb, right?). 20 shots on target from Rovers before they scored, if I remember correctly. Desperate stuff.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
:( .....incredible goal keeping though!

And typically also incredibly bad finishing by the Rovers .. coming back to what I always say about us making opposition keepers look good (has always been a habit of ours) although he did net well that day.

• 1 year later...
And typically also incredibly bad finishing by the Rovers .. coming back to what I always say about us making opposition keepers look good (has always been a habit of ours) although he did net well that day.

I think that we played well that day; creating , but wasteful. I think the nadir was the West Brom home game. We created nothing, there was little in the way of effort and it seemed that after our seven years of good fortune, we were second rate fodder again. They scored and it was more by their ineptitude and lack of interest that we equalised. Then Dailly scored a fortuitous winner.

What was most alarming was that a shallow victory masked the fact that we were unbelievably bad. Yes, we would win more than we lost, but we needed to be competing for promotion.

Then Souness took over. Let`s never forget the job he did. Kidd ripped the heart from the club and Souey pieced it back, stronger.

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

<!--quoteo(post=498742:date=Mar 14 2007, 15:27 :name=CAPT KAYOS)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CAPT KAYOS @ Mar 14 2007, 15:27 ) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=498742"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->And typically also incredibly bad finishing by the Rovers .. coming back to what I always say about us making opposition keepers look good (has always been a habit of ours) although he did net well that day.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I think that we played well that day; creating , but wasteful. I think the nadir was the West Brom home game. We created nothing, there was little in the way of effort and it seemed that after our seven years of good fortune, we were second rate fodder again. They scored and it was more by their ineptitude and lack of interest that we equalised. Then Dailly scored a fortuitous winner.

What was most alarming was that a shallow victory masked the fact that we were unbelievably bad. Yes, we would win more than we lost, but we needed to be competing for promotion.

Then Souness took over. Let`s never forget the job he did. Kidd ripped the heart from the club and Souey pieced it back, stronger.

Spot on, Souness did a fantastic job. Just a shame how things ended for him here.

• 1 year later...

I've posted this link in the Kean thread, as that game more than anything else, shows that no statistics other than goals for and against mean anything.

Rovers could have 5% possession in a game (and against Crewe it was probably 95%!) for all I care as long as we win.

Still, for how depressing that result was, it is a game that has remained fresh in the memory!

• 6 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.