BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Top Of The League

Emerton-No return date-oh dear that's not looking too good.

Would we have seen comments like this about Emerton 2 months ago? I doubt it. What was the thread; "Bad news - Emerton signs". How fickle we are. I do like the mark II qualifiers though every time Emerton is now mentioned.

We are also atop the lack of discipline league if Sunday's commentators are to be believed. Do we get to keep that too if we win 3 in a row?

Would we have seen comments like this about Emerton 2 months ago? I doubt it. What was the thread; "Bad news - Emerton signs". How fickle we are. I do like the mark II qualifiers though every time Emerton is now mentioned.

We are also atop the lack of discipline league if Sunday's commentators are to be believed. Do we get to keep that too if we win 3 in a row?

Not really fickle, when he played on the right wing against Chelski he was back to his usual tricks. MkII just happens to be a very good fullback!

It's a shame there aren't any central midfielders coming through the academy, at least not any near Premiership class. It's been a bitter dissapointment in my opinion, especially when compared to other clubs like Manchester City, Aston Villa and Leeds. Granted they're all larger, city clubs, but we've invested a lot of money into the academy for little reward.

As for the injuries, who does that leave us in midfield; Tugay, Mokoena, Bentley and Gallagher? Oh dear.

• 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.