SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gomaa Wants Move To Ewood.

den

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible part of the reason were going for Gomaa (not doubting he's a top class player) is so we have more if a chance of Zaki wanting to come with him.

I been very impressed by what i have seen of Zaki and he's only 23!!

Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXbMO3mgQHk

Why am i glad we didnt sign Mido:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiPiAB1i-d4

I wonder if it means Nelsen is not going to come back at the end of January

It was reported in the summer that we'd sign Gomaa in the January window. Seems like we've had our eye on him for a while, don't think it's got anything to do with the current injury situation.

Hugthes has said he won't loan out Matteo and Todd. However, the implication is there that they might move in January.

Cannot see Gomaa for Matteo being anything other than a squad strengthening.

If that leaves Nelsen, Ooijer, Gomaa, Zura and Todd (in that order probably) contesting the two central defender spots, that is exactly how it should be at a club with the target of European football every year.

How can you possibly say that, you haven't even seen him in action?

Oh thanks herbergeehh, I should clarify my position. :)

What i meant was seeing as Gomaa is 31 going on 32, 1.5m is too much as we have already splashed out 2m or so on Ooijer, who's in the same age band as he is. That would total near 4m spent this season on two relatively 'aged' defenders, and Gomaa by all reckoning, isn't coming in as a first choice. Of course, if we were spending 1.5-2m on a 31 year old nesta, that would be a bargain! lol. So yeapz, that's what i meant by 'too much'.

Oh thanks herbergeehh, I should clarify my position. :)

What i meant was seeing as Gomaa is 31 going on 32, 1.5m is too much as we have already splashed out 2m or so on Ooijer, who's in the same age band as he is. That would total near 4m spent this season on two relatively 'aged' defenders, and Gomaa by all reckoning, isn't coming in as a first choice. Of course, if we were spending 1.5-2m on a 31 year old nesta, that would be a bargain! lol. So yeapz, that's what i meant by 'too much'.

Have to agree with you there matey, our squad is looking decididly aged at the moment. We have too many players on the wrong side of 30 and too many player approaching 30...

In 2-3 years our squad is going to look a bit silly if we dont invest in some youngsters more like Warnock...

Is it?

Steven Reid - soon 25.

Morten Gamst Pedersen - 25.

David Bentley - 22.

Aaron Mokoena - 26.

Sergio Peter - 20 on Sunday.

Zurab Khizanishvili - had his 25th birthday on Monday.

Ryan Nelsen - has his 29th birthday next Sat.

Lucas Neill - soon 28.

Brett Emerton - soon 27.

Jason Roberts - soon 28.

Franny Jeffers - soon 26.

Then there is Gally, Derbyshire, Brown ++ coming through on the right side of twentyfive.

Can't be arsed myself, but if you compare that to most of the other sides in the Prem, I think we'll do allright. Remember, most players reach their peak at 27-28-29, especially defenders.

This is insane! We have enough central defenders, when Nelsen is back we will have two international class ones!

And we have five strikers (six if you include Bentley), three of whom have real pedigree (McCarthy, Nonda and Roberts). Infact if I was to say what positions least need strengthening it would be those two, GK and right back.

Central midfielders and a left back please. I wouldn't care if we don't sign another player aslong as we get those two!

I fully support Hughes but his transfer policy has seemed somewhat strange of late.

As Sparky has said dozens of times, it's a question of when the right player is available at the right price - he just won't buy if one of those two doesn't fit. Which I support. I'm sure he'll bring in a few new faces in January, but I wouldn't be too surprised if it's limited to a loan in central midfield - we just don't have enough cash to spend on "decent" signings..

Lucas Neil is leaving...

Brad Friedel - 35

Andy Todd - 32

Tugay - 36

Robbie Savage - 32

Stephane Henchoz - 32

Andre Ooijer - 32

Dominic Matteo - 32

Michael Gray - 32

Possibly:

Gomaa - 31

Im not doubting any of these players abilities god knows both Robbie Savage and Tugay have shown they have true skill and on occasion dont show there age but i would just like to see a more youthful side to rovers lineup and thought for the future.

I have so many players i think would be in our grasp and would love to see us bid for and im sure everyone else does too, but it always seems like we are going for the older options...

Hope is though, that some of these youngsters we have brought in on trial or a certain Egyptian forward can sign for the club.

I am worried about our strike partnership and left midfielder at the moment.

We also dont look to threatening coming forward and i think we need to STOP the fuzzing long balls forward in the hope of having a chance...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.