BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Joe Garner

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1-0 win for Carlisle, with Joe Garner playing almost the full ninety minutes.

Joe Garner was having a decent showing up front and he was on the end of another Aranalde throw that had Forest stretched. United won a corner in the next attack, and the same pair combined as the young forward ran clear, only to head over the bar.

Carlisle official match report

Anthony Williams is our second choice (by a distance) keeper by the way for whoever mentioned that further up the thread.

Joe missed a good chance at Brentford on Saturday (0-0) apparently but certainly did OK for the rest of the game.

In the 1-0 win at home to Nottingham Forest on Wednesday night he received the sponsors man of the match award, so you can't ask for much better than that. Puts himself about well, has a great first touch and awareness, wins a lot of headers for a lad of his size and was unlucky twice not to score with a header well saved and one cleared off the line, everyone is very impressed with him so far.

That's twice I've seen Forest against us this season and they are quite poor considering the money they have spent, they just pass it around the back four for ages, then get bored and hoof it straight down the middle.

There are some pictures of Joe in action through the link, starting from the seventh row down :

Nottm Forest Pictures

Found this on the Carlise mad messageboard, looks like Simon`s son (joking!) made a big impression.

Display: ThreadTopicDate Search:

You are not logged in (viewing only)

Posted by cufcdeano on 31 Jan 2007 22:30 Complain | Prev | Next | Reply

My Match Review ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll keep it short and sweet.

The goal:

Someone was well and truly offside....BUT. Completely ignored play, and was not active. Hawley ran from an onside position whilst everyone else stood and watched. Fantastic vision, and well deserved. People have given him stick, and possibly rightly so after recent performances but he played really well tonight.

Our play:

Possibly the best performance I've seen this season. Why can't we get the ball down and play football like that week in, week out. We could've beaten any team in the League based on that performance tonight.

MOTM:

They got that one right this time!! Joe Garner is an absolutely fantastic player, and Blackburn have something special for the future. This lad gives 100% every game, he's not the biggest player on the park but the amount of headers, and flick ons he wins creates so many chances for us.

The New Boy:

First time I've seen Smith play. Thought he did alright. He linked up very well with the rest of the midfield and it was good to see some decent corners for once.

Grant Holt:

Yeah he dived, and cheated once or twice, and got rightly booked, BUT whilst Bennett the cheating scumbag refused to give possession back to us after the clash in midfield, Holt gave him some harsh words and told him to throw the ball back to Westwood. Credit where it is due.

The Referee:

A few dodgy decisions, felt he should have got his cards out a lot more than he did, but we got away with quite a bit aswell, so all in all, he did well, kept the game flowing aswell.

And 4 points from a possible 6 and 2 clean sheets against Nottingham Forest, thats something the team should be proud of.

Up the Blues!

Anthony Williams is our second choice (by a distance) keeper by the way for whoever mentioned that further up the thread.

Joe missed a good chance at Brentford on Saturday (0-0) apparently but certainly did OK for the rest of the game.

In the 1-0 win at home to Nottingham Forest on Wednesday night he received the sponsors man of the match award, so you can't ask for much better than that. Puts himself about well, has a great first touch and awareness, wins a lot of headers for a lad of his size and was unlucky twice not to score with a header well saved and one cleared off the line, everyone is very impressed with him so far.

That's twice I've seen Forest against us this season and they are quite poor considering the money they have spent, they just pass it around the back four for ages, then get bored and hoof it straight down the middle.

There are some pictures of Joe in action through the link, starting from the seventh row down :

Nottm Forest Pictures

Thanks for keeping us up to date mate - hope to hear more of your opinions on the lad throughout the rest of the season :tu:

Good finish, lobbed ball into the box, shot across goal into the far corner with a half-volley from 15 yards, he did fine again today, the goal will be the Championship on ITV tomorrow morning.

Today was an utter farce, I've never seen a game like it, we had 23 corners to their three, and a pretty similar ratio on shots, they were in our half four times and scored four times.

Happy days.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.