BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ferguson Stripped Of Rangers Captaincy

Guest Kamy100

Hmmm, Smith to Rangers and Strachan from Septic to the National team? I like it Jan!

How about Souness to replace Strachan then? I think the Messageboard would melt down at the sheer brilliance of the whole thing.

Don't worry, I'd organise a whip round to pay for your treatment :tu:

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But typical of a club so wedded to the idea of being English.

I don't understand, are you saying you think if a club identifies the man they want to be manager they should forget about it if he already has another job? Hughes out!

Hmmm, Smith to Rangers and Strachan from Septic to the National team? I like it Jan!

How about Souness to replace Strachan then? I think the Messageboard would melt down at the sheer brilliance of the whole thing.

Don't worry, I'd organise a whip round to pay for your treatment :tu:

No, You'd have to have a whip round to pay my legal fees because I would kill him before I'd let that happen. Of course there'd be a large crowd of us round him all stabbing at the same time. Not so much of an "et tu Brutus" as an "et 352 Brutus".

No, You'd have to have a whip round to pay my legal fees because I would kill him before I'd let that happen. Of course there'd be a large crowd of us round him all stabbing at the same time. Not so much of an "et tu Brutus" as an "et 352 Brutus".

murdering in cold blood ..you really are one classy bird

You're right, any true pro would have been scoring in every game. :rolleyes:

A "true pro" would have been focused on driving the team forward instead of helping get the previous manager sacked by sowing discontent. Winning 5-0 is all well and good but seems to suggest the team were selling their fans short with some of their performances under Le Guen and is somewhat too little too late when the title is long gone. If Barry Ferguson is your example of a "true pro" after his shocking treatment of Rovers then I despair.

Anyway I should let it go but he is and remains a complete kn0b. OK? ;)

A "true pro" would have been focused on driving the team forward instead of helping get the previous manager sacked by sowing discontent. Winning 5-0 is all well and good but seems to suggest the team were selling their fans short with some of

Don't like the guy or the team, but he was driving the team forward BY getting the previous manager sacked. Any fool could see that Le Guen hadn't the slightest clue about the players, tactics or results needed to be successful in Scotland. Unfortunately it needed to be brought to a head, and I suspect that Sir Dave might have had a hand in telling wee Bazza to get rid. Saved them money him going!

THey've played safe this time.

A "true pro" would have been focused on driving the team forward instead of helping get the previous manager sacked by sowing discontent.

See, I'm not the biggest fan of Ferguson as a person, but all this is based on nothing but conjecture that a lot of people would like to believe. No manager that Ferguson has worked under previously (no less than four have made him their captain) has hinted at anything like this sort of behaviour from him. It's not like Le Guen's tenure was the first time he's played in a struggling Rangers team, or under a foreign manager with different ideas about the Scottish game. So while I understand that most Rovers fans will want him to fail - obviously its a bit different for me - I think its a bit sad that there are people jumping all over half-baked stories about him masterminding the downfall of a manager.

See, I'm not the biggest fan of Ferguson as a person, but all this is based on nothing but conjecture that a lot of people would like to believe. No manager that Ferguson has worked under previously (no less than four have made him their captain) has hinted at anything like this sort of behaviour from him. It's not like Le Guen's tenure was the first time he's played in a struggling Rangers team, or under a foreign manager with different ideas about the Scottish game. So while I understand that most Rovers fans will want him to fail - obviously its a bit different for me - I think its a bit sad that there are people jumping all over half-baked stories about him masterminding the downfall of a manager.

'Leopards and spots' and 'give a dog a bad name' springs to mind Radagast. He sh1t on us big time imo and in a completly contrived and well planned manner. What I suspect he, his agent and 'others' did was connive to virtually defraud BRFC out of millions.

Crikey us and the mags may as well have bought Wolves ourselves!

Course thats all just more conjecture on my part isn't it? <_<

• 2 years later...

Disgraced and discredited, but not yet discharged from Rangers....

15255377.jpg

This thread originates from January 2007, when Barry Ferguson was first stripped of the Rangers captaincy by the Ibrox manager at the time Paul Le Guen.

Monsieur Le Guen claimed that Ferguson was undermining him. The Rangers midfielder won that particular battle, with Le Guen leaving the club shortly afterwards.

I suspect that the Frenchman, now currently managing Paris Saint-Germain, may have had a wry smile on his face at the news last month that Ferguson had again been stripped of the Rangers captaincy, this time by Walter Smith, after Fergie and his team-mate Allan McGregor, the Rangers goalkeeper, had disgraced themselves with a prolonged drinks binge and then made derogatory gestures on the Hampden Park bench after being dropped for a Scotland match against Iceland.

The Scottish FA said last month that Ferguson and McGregor would never play for Scotland again after their drunken antics. Ferguson said: "I am bitterly disappointed by the announcement that I will not be selected for Scotland again."

It does however seem as if the stance of Rangers towards the players might be softening now. Walter Smith had previously suggested that Ferguson and Allan McGregor might never play for Rangers again, but the club's assistant manager Ally McCoist has since indicated that Ferguson still has a future with the club beyond the summer.

Meanwhile, Rangers defender Kirk Broadfoot has had a nasty accident with two eggs in his microwave.

Link: Rangers player injured by egg explosion

It's best not to put eggs in the microwave kids.

Fortunately the hard-boiled defender at Rangers scrambled an ambulance which whisked him to hospital.

He will struggle to see the sunny-side of his injury as Rangers try to crack the championship. He may now have to shell out for a new microwave.

Archived