BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ferguson Stripped Of Rangers Captaincy

Guest Kamy100

Any club that has someone as mediocre as Barry Ferguson as their talisman is in trouble. We were...now Rangers are.

The truest contribution for a very long time says someone who backed Souness and Ferguson for a long time then saw the error of his ways.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It finished 3-2 to Dunfermline who were playing with no less than 9 first team players out injured. Today was the first time in 5 matches that Dunfermline have even scored a goal. Could easily have been 4 or 5 before Rangers got their first and started playing. Ferguson headed against the bar after Rangers had got their second. No doubt a bout it DAFC deserved their win. Home again to Hearts in 4th round :unsure:

It's been a good day for me! Rovers beating Everton 4-1 and Dunfermline beating Rangers 3-2. Things are really looking up!

I just don't understand how people can say Ferguson was rubbish. I thought he was a very good player up until his injury. I don't think his price was an inflated one either; at his pre-injury standard, he was worth it.

He might have left in somewhat acrimonious circumstances, but people shouldn't forget that he was a good player. He might not be now, but he was.

Ferguson was average for us until only a few games before injury, especially a League Cup match against Liverpool were he kept Gerrard quiet and really dominated the middle.

Would that be the game where they stuffed us 4-2? In fairness, he did score a decent goal right at the end.

Umm, what? You think if Ferguson hadn't played yesterday and Le Guen was still the manager Rangers would have been any less abysmal?

It took all my restraint not to reply with that myself.

The wrong man definitely did not depart, far from it.

The next Rangers manager should make it his priority to off load Ferguson asap if he has any sense. He is not that good a player and he and his agent are rotten apples imo. Also he appears to have also adopted the stance of a barrack room lawyer.

Wasn't it him that organised the Newcastle p1ss up against the orders of his manager?

I just don't understand how people can say Ferguson was rubbish. I thought he was a very good player up until his injury. I don't think his price was an inflated one either; at his pre-injury standard, he was worth it.

He might have left in somewhat acrimonious circumstances, but people shouldn't forget that he was a good player. He might not be now, but he was.

Not for us he wasn't. Average at best.

He wasn't rubbish, he wasn't bad at all really. He just wasn't anywhere near £7.5m quality. And the way he left the club makes people's assessment of his quality a bit more negative.

Anyone thinking that will be the end of it doesn't know Rangers. They'll probably threaten to pull out of the SPL or shoot the SFA president or something.

Which of course, we condemn.

Maybe a knee-capping instead?

Not totally enamoured by this news, although good for Rangers it could spell disaster for the National team at a time when we've rarely been better off.

Robbing Peter to pay Paul unfortunately.

But typical of a club so wedded to the idea of being English.

As long as no-one at the SFA thinks of our ex-manager I doubt I'd be to worried. Of course the front-runner for me would be strachan.

Archived