BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ferguson Stripped Of Rangers Captaincy

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think your right but i dont think he will be sacked this season. i wouldnt mind us asking to loan ferguson for 6months with option to buy incase Le Guen is still manager.

Then you're certifiable. Ferguson only cares about Rangers. HE's got enough money never to have to play again, and would spend the entire time doing what Dunny has done, allegedly feigning injury to go and watch Rangers.

A couple of weeks ago the press made a big deal of it that he was talking to strachan however, everyone knew that it was a load of ol tosh. It would be like Dunny signing for Burnley - Never gonna happen.

Re: Mr Fergusson, what a tool. He was always over rated as far as I was conserned. Came to us, thought he was bigger than the club. Played like a nob, played like a nob some more, got injured, came back and played a little better, got made captain, thought he was bigger than the club, played like a nob again, said he wanted to leave - went.

WHAT A FOOKIN TOOL - END OF. BARRY FERGUSSON YOUR A DISGRASE NOW FOOK OFF AND IF YOU WANT A ROW ABOUT IT THEN COME AND HAVE A WORD TO MY FACE AND I WILL STILL CALL YOU A TOOL

END OF :angry:

Couldn't agree with you more - I hate the guy, he is a thief.

Think your right but i dont think he will be sacked this season. i wouldnt mind us asking to loan ferguson for 6months with option to buy incase Le Guen is still manager.

Are you on drugs? Why would we want that shower of sh1t back.

If he came back I would refuse to watch him play.

Why would any Rovers fan want him back? The guy ripped off the club as much as he could and probably treated Rovers worse than any other player I have seen. The lack of gratitude after we stood by him during his injury epitomised by his engineering his move back by getting his agent to talk to Rangers, handing in a transfer request while we were battling against relegation and then refusing to play for us in a cup match says it all.

Leave the dumb idiot in his wee neddy Rangers wonderland.

There are three possibilities in this situation:

What about a 4th?

How about the backsliding little runt for player manager? Watching Rangers inevitable demise and the Gers faithful turning vicously on Bazza would be absolutely bloody superb. Please please let it happen Lord.

You must be off your head.

He is cr*p in the Premiership and disinterested.

Saw on the back of the Mail today that West Ham might be interested - that would be them down then ...

I seem to remember Barry being injured a fair bit too ...

Ferguson showed his class for the short spell when he had at Rovers (just the shame it was not for a longer period) Hughes wanted Fergurson to stay, so i think that means something. Just a shame he got home sick

Ferguson showed his class for the short spell when he had at Rovers (just the shame it was not for a longer period) Hughes wanted Fergurson to stay, so i think that means something. Just a shame he got home sick

TO be fair he is a obviously a decent player. For a while he showed class when he turned out for us. However he treated us very poorly (although before we all climb up on our high horses it was pretty much the same way Savage treated Birmingham to get his move to us) and I am sure quite a few of our players, let alone the fans, would resent him coming back to Ewood. I doubt he would particularly relish coming back either, indeed the only reason he signed for us in the first place was because Souness was out manager. He thought our games lacked atmosphere and so on, do we really want a player at our club who doesn't want to play for us?

Someone will buy him if he leaves because he is an excellent footballer when fit and interested. Just as good in many ways as 17 million pound Michael Carrick so if he goes on a free there will be lots and lots of clubs after him. We won't be one though.

The one problem he has caused for himself, as Jan pointed out, is that potential employers will look at his record and wonder whether he will pull the same trick to go back to Rangers once Le Guen leaves.

TO be fair he is a obviously a decent player. For a while he showed class when he turned out for us. However he treated us very poorly (although before we all climb up on our high horses it was pretty much the same way Savage treated Birmingham to get his move to us) and I am sure quite a few of our players, let alone the fans, would resent him coming back to Ewood. I doubt he would particularly relish coming back either, indeed the only reason he signed for us in the first place was because Souness was out manager. He thought our games lacked atmosphere and so on, do we really want a player at our club who doesn't want to play for us?

Someone will buy him if he leaves because he is an excellent footballer when fit and interested. Just as good in many ways as 17 million pound Michael Carrick so if he goes on a free there will be lots and lots of clubs after him. We won't be one though.

The one problem he has caused for himself, as Jan pointed out, is that potential employers will look at his record and wonder whether he will pull the same trick to go back to Rangers once Le Guen leaves.

Excellent post. Just about sums up my feelings. I backed him whilst he was here but the manner in which he treated Rovers in the end disgusted me. I got plenty of stick and I had to hold my hand up eventually. He's just the type of player who could replace Tugay but he would come back over my dead body.

If anybody ever let a club (and me) down it was him.

I am with you on this one Joey. i think Ferguson is a decent footballer and to say he is not good enough for the EPL is just plain silly. I must admit I was one of those who was disappointed and angry at his attitude when he left us, more for the way that he did it than anything else.

However, I don't know how many people south of the border have seen his book, but a few weeks ago when I was in Waterstones I found myself casually browsing the chapter he wrote on "Blackburn". I was amazed to find that he had nothing but nice things to say about Rovers and Blackburn people. (yes honestly). He stated that he enjoyed his time in the Prem with Rovers and that they were a very good team with good facilities and a passionate crowd. he also welcomed the appointment of Mark Hughes but the one thing that kept on nagging at him was that he was a died-in-the-wool Glasgow guy and he could not shake off this feeling of homesickness. That is it basically, obviously very condensed, but it gave me a much improved opinion of the guy after reading it.

Also, although he's been playing well in a Rangers context, that actually means nothing- they've been utter toss this season. Against celtic he's looked amateur, and as I've said they're struggling a bit as well. He's also fatter than he was and frankly even slower.

He was rubbish with us, he's a mammy's boy and would treat us and any other team as he did before. Let him sink into obscurity, just don't let him take us with him.

Remember who was right about him before.

Also, although he's been playing well in a Rangers context, that actually means nothing- they've been utter toss this season. Against celtic he's looked amateur, and as I've said they're struggling a bit as well. He's also fatter than he was and frankly even slower.

He was rubbish with us, he's a mammy's boy and would treat us and any other team as he did before. Let him sink into obscurity, just don't let him take us with him.

Remember who was right about him before.

Jan, he wasn't rubbish for us, he was pretty good for a while. He was certainly no worse than a large amount of players who have turned out for Rovers in the last few years. If he goes he will get a good move because he is a good player. Any side outside the big four in the Prem would have a look, at least one is going to take the plunge. If it happens my money would be on Everton due to the closeness between the two clubs and Moyes being interested in him before.

What we certainly shouldn't have done is paid 7 millon for him, especially when out biggest concern was a left winger rather than a central midifielder. And his attitude at the end was appalling, but that doesn't make him a bad player. Look at Savage, he treated Birmingham terribly but has gone on to be one of the outstanding performers here at Rovers.

I don't want him here either, but you are deluding yourself if you think he is not a highly prized player. No Steven Gerrard but the equal of many midfielders plying their trade in the Premiership.

And as much as you want him to fade into obscurity it is unlikely to happen as he is the outstanding Scottish footballer of his generation. More a damantion of Scottish football than a testement to Ferguson's ability, yet it is enough to assure his name in the history books.

He did very well while he was in France. He was the manager who cemented Lyon's place at the top of French football, an achievement that many wrongly associate with Houllier. He does have a habbit of resigning though, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him step down from Rangers, especially when you consider that he was doing well at both Rennes and Lyon when he chose to step aside (though there were some disputes with the board at Rennes). He was thought of as something of a French Wenger (and by French I mean Ligue 1). He did well on a limited budget signing players who he later sold for a good profit, most of them were Africans. I was surprised that he chose the Rangers job and even more surprised that he has done so poorly while not pulling off many good signings.

TO be fair he is a obviously a decent player. For a while he showed class when he turned out for us. However he treated us very poorly (although before we all climb up on our high horses it was pretty much the same way Savage treated Birmingham to get his move to us)

Savage cost us more than Brum paid for him so he made them a profit on transfer dealings whereas imo Ferguson was simply part of a scam to defraud BRFC and to Glasgow Ranger's, his agent's and his own gain..... and quite probably to the financial benefit of a certain ex manager too.

Ferguson would be good enough for a midtable side sure...he'd be good for us in fact...but he isn't good enough for one of the big sides. Ferguson was an overhyped player who could rule the roost up north maybe but was nothing special compared to players down south.

During his time at Rovers he was average or decent at best but certainly nothing special. Oh and Carrick is a better player than him too and I don't even rate Carrick that much.

Oh and it is unlikely he will go anywhere as it seems the writing is on the wall for Le Guen.

If only he had waited until the end of the season and helped us against relegation it wouldn't have been so bad.

Archived