BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Into The 4th Round

Gav

For my shame, I went to the Madejski today to keep a friend company. It was the best I have ever seen Burnley play to be fair!

The pitch looked a state, you could have gone fishing in the goal mouth. The abondonment could have been handled better. We were sat in the ground from about 14:15 wondering whether it was going to go ahead. The ref walked round the pitch whilst the players were warming up at 14:30. Then they all went back in. The ref came out again at about 2:45 for another look. Then at 14:50 the Burnley players came out, still in their training gear and started clapping the fans. Thought it wasn't looking good at that stage. People with radios started then walking out saying it was abandoned. They didn't actually bother telling us in the ground until 14:58. Idoits.

Glad I only had to travel 15 miles, shame for all the Burnley fans eh! A lovely 8 hour round trip in the rain for a quick stop off for manky pie and expensive beer inbetween. Still, they can do it all again in about a week and a half.

For my shame, I went to the Madejski today to keep a friend company. It was the best I have ever seen Burnley play to be fair!

The pitch looked a state, you could have gone fishing in the goal mouth. The abondonment could have been handled better. We were sat in the ground from about 14:15 wondering whether it was going to go ahead. The ref walked round the pitch whilst the players were warming up at 14:30. Then they all went back in. The ref came out again at about 2:45 for another look. Then at 14:50 the Burnley players came out, still in their training gear and started clapping the fans. Thought it wasn't looking good at that stage. People with radios started then walking out saying it was abandoned. They didn't actually bother telling us in the ground until 14:58. Idoits.

Glad I only had to travel 15 miles, shame for all the Burnley fans eh! A lovely 8 hour round trip in the rain for a quick stop off for manky pie and expensive beer inbetween. Still, they can do it all again in about a week and a half.

Did the game actually start? I was under the impression from the reports on Sky News that it was postponed well before kick-off.

I do feel sorry for the Burnley fans that traveled all that way for nothing, as I would for any fans in that position. How would we like it to happen to us?

Tuesday actually.

Bet theres about 50 there :lol::lol::lol:

I do feel sorry for the Burnley fans that traveled all that way for nothing

:wstu: :ph34r: :ph34r:

serves em right for supporting em 6 fingered scrubbers :lol:

Good news it you have a ticket for the Leverkusen game :)

Did the game actually start? I was under the impression from the reports on Sky News that it was postponed well before kick-off.

I do feel sorry for the Burnley fans that traveled all that way for nothing, as I would for any fans in that position. How would we like it to happen to us?

Nope, it didn't kick off, but I'm sticking by my statement that it's the best I've seen them play.

Good news it you have a ticket for the Leverkusen game :)

F'in marvellous, Cheers Jordan. :D

Cambridge away - don't seem to remember that being called off, perhaps it was the rearranged game I went to.

A bit foggy I seem to remember, but not called off.

The first game was midweek and abandoned at half time on what seemed like the coldest night in history.

To make it worse we went back when the game was replayed and we lost.

The first game was midweek and abandoned at half time on what seemed like the coldest night in history.

Aahhh them wer days, Greyhound pub if I remember rightly :)

Me too….due to freezing fog arrived in hire car at half time just as everyone was streaming out, another hire car several weeks later to see us loose 2:0

Happy days though

:brfc::)

Archived