BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Feyenoord Thrown Out Of Uefa Cup

Feyenoord have been kicked out of the UEFA Cup according to Sky Sports news due to crowd trouble, maybe for the Pedersen incident. Spurs could end up the a by into the next round.

If true, Basel (think they finished 4th didnt they) should be re-instated

Feyenoord have been kicked out of the UEFA Cup according to Sky Sports news due to crowd trouble, maybe for the Pedersen incident. Spurs could end up with a by into the next round.

It was for crowd trouble at the Nancy game but they were on their last warning after numerous incidents over the last few years.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ste B @ Jan 19 2007, 16:16 ) 481007[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Nancy have already qualified, surely it must be Basle ?

Just looked up the league table, Wisła finished 4th. So it would be them. Nancy are already through and play Shakhtar.

Tottenham will have to wait till Monday to find out whether they will advance to the last 16 with a by or face another team. I think Wisla Krakow should plat Spurs and think it would be very unfair for Tottenham to progress without playing.

If Spurs do get a bye then it could be a silver lining for Rovers as ITV4 might pick up the Rovers v Leverkusen game for UK TV.

The yids will be gutted Feyenoord v Spurs is one of the biggest hoolie rivalry in football...

No doubt Spurs fans will have already to booked to go over there anyway, so there is bound to be trouble

Too late, methinks. Haven't Rovers got a deal with Eurosport? Eurosport certainly seemed to think so with their claims that they'd bring all of Blackburns Euro exploits to a screen near you (it's too late to dig up a link). On SSN a UEFA official said it's far more likely that Spuds get a bye than Wisla will be qualified to play.... surely this hurts Spuds too? What with TV coverage and the like?

Spurs have been awarded a bye.

Which in my opinion is totally wrong - they should have been forced to play Wisla.

They've got a hectic schedule with the CC SF second leg etc which is part and parcel of a good campaign, so why should they get to have holidays on 14th and 22nd of Feb, when the other 15 teams who will make it through the round are exhausting themselves??

All wrong :angry:

I guess the prospect of Feyernoord appealing would make putting Wisla back in an impossibility. Spurs moaning about loss of TV and gate money and wanting compensation.

Just bad news for Rovers- very close rivals for European qualification on three fronts getting two games off. Will the cameras switch to Ewood now we have switched the time to suit German TV? I doubt it.

I can't believe the cheek of spurs asking for compensation (or perhaps since it's Spurs I can) since they have, as has been said, an easier schedule now and apparently a bigger share of any prize money because they are already in the next round.

Morten's been doing that to himself for years!

Aye, did you see the hack of it against Man City.

His brilliant performance ensured that his new colour was noticed. Back to the 'dressers Morten.

Spurs have been awarded a bye.

Which in my opinion is totally wrong - they should have been forced to play Wisla.

All wrong :angry:

Agreed Tris.

Shocking to see this. Imagine if we were in this Basel or Wisla position's who just missed out on qalification and the chance of £500-600k for progressing through to the next round. UEFA need to review this rule and the next team in line should be included.

Archived