BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stephen Warnock

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hello fellow rovers fans new to site watched rovers at the bridge last week thought warnock was outstanding one of the best signings of mr hughes' career at rovers :D

Hi there Swindon Rover; welcome aboard!

As you will soon discover we are generally a happy lot, but like all footie supporters we have our moments and we do like a good old fashioned moan too. Anyway nice to "meet" you, and a little word of advice. Don't be afraid to express your opinions, you are fully entitled to them even if nobody else agrees, and don't let them bully you.

Have fun,

Fife Rover.

Hi there Swindon Rover; welcome aboard!

As you will soon discover we are generally a happy lot, but like all footie supporters we have our moments and we do like a good old fashioned moan too. Anyway nice to "meet" you, and a little word of advice. Don't be afraid to express your opinions, you are fully entitled to them even if nobody else agrees, and don't let them bully you.

Have fun,

Fife Rover.

cheers myfriend will do get lots of stick down south for following rovers have only been able to get to 2 matches so far this year first being man u at home then of course chelski away am gonna get to some more this year just got to consult diary when i havent got work or family commitments :):brfc:

true enough my man nothin magic about them roundabouts opposite the ground

Can't agree there. Used to love flying over the middle of them when everyone else was pussyfooting about wondering how it all worked! Happy days!

Welcome to the Board, S.R.

Can't agree there. Used to love flying over the middle of them when everyone else was pussyfooting about wondering how it all worked! Happy days!

Welcome to the Board, S.R.

Ive got an image of you driving a 4x4 land cruiser thing with a manic laugh.

Ha! Wrong, Abbey, I'm just an immigrant. From Swindon originally and I've only lived here 16 years (see, I kept telling you I was posh).

Not far off, Stu. Actually it was a blue and white (shades of things to come!) Morris 1000 Van emblazoned with Mickey Mouse on each side! Later (as I became posh :P ) , it was a Triumph 2000! The manic laugh was much in evidence! I see they've caught the mini roundabout bug in these parts now but I do miss the old magic roundabout!

• 1 month later...
Guest shoppybrfc

Id like to know why the hell players like Naylor from Celtic and Leigton Baines are ahead of Warnock in the England Left back pecking order! (according to the papers ). Its criminal Warnock is being overlooked, he's probably the 2nd fastest England LB behind Cashley Cole as well.

It'd like to see Mark Hughes putting Warnocks name forward to be playing for England, a bit like other managers do with their players! Moyes was constantly pimpin Andy Johnsons name forward, Pierce with Barton, other managers do it all the time. At least then the Papers will start to cotton onto the fact Warnock should be at least be in contention and McClaren may take notice. At least Warnock is a regular player unlike Wayne Bridge, the guy is a sicknote and effectively a Chelsea reserve team player happy to sign a recent new year 4 yr year contact sitting in their stiffs.

What do others think, at the moment with a sane and competent un-big biased manager should Warnock effectively be playing for the 2nd choice LB spot with Barry? ( although Barry does seem to play LM for Villa most of the time ).

The sooner he (or Bentley for that matter) get in the England squad, sooner they'll be upping sticks and leaving little ol' Rovers for a "bigger club".

No thanks, stuff England, lets keep them a nicely guarded secret.

The Magic Roundabout is a feat of engineering up there with the Severn Bridge and that tunnel that gets you out of France.

Looks more like a feat of engineerig up there with the Rubiks Cube or the puzzle box from Hellraiser. Stone me!

Welcome aboard Swindon Rover :tu:

Aye! :)

It's quite amazing how before Warnock signed most people on this board were unsure if he was good enough for us, now a couple of months on it's an outrage that he's not being called up for England.

A lot of that is probably to do with the fact that they've now seen him play.

Mark Hughes hasn't got time to push Warnock forward as England material when he's still trying to find out why Bentley, who has performed excellently for most of the season, can't even get in the squad. Did anyone hear Peter Beagrie talking on You're on Sky Sports about Bentley? Said in his opinion he was better than Beckham and he couldn't understand why McClaren overlooked him.

The sooner he (or Bentley for that matter) get in the England squad, sooner they'll be upping sticks and leaving little ol' Rovers for a "bigger club".

Amen to that! :brfc:

Warnock is probably the 3rd best left back (behind Cashley and Bridge). No way are P Nev or Barry better players, and to think that Luke Young has just been called up (albeit as a right back) is just ridiculous!

Our players will never get the credit they deserve

It's quite amazing how before Warnock signed most people on this board were unsure if he was good enough for us, now a couple of months on it's an outrage that he's not being called up for England.

Indeed LeChuck. I'm in agreement with you and I was certainly one of those unsure persons from this board. I thought from what I had seen of him, that he was a tad inexperienced and needed to have an experienced centre-half playing along side him, in order to keep him in toe. His ability on the ball is second to none and is certainly up their with the best attacking full-backs. Great to see him notch his 1st goal for Rovers and I can see him getting a few more. Would be a nice wee player in next season's Dream Team, as he should get a few assists.

I still can't believe that he's 27!! Man he still can get around the pitch, nearly as fast as I could in my late-teens!! Just hopefully he can keep him injury & suspension free, as he can be prone to both of these bad boys!

Warnock is probably the 3rd best left back (behind Cashley and Bridge).

I have to disagree from a non-biased view, but Warnock is a better alround player than Bridge.

Bridge has been over-rated since his early days and has struggled to keep them consistant. However, in fariness Cashley does shade it.

Do we really need to compare him with luCASH?

Mr Warnock for me anyday.

Exactly!

Now lock this thread asap.

Archived