BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bye Bye Lonsdale

YES!!!

If this is true then we have a quality sports company that make quality kits, Umbro have great kits as you have seen with the England shirts, Umbro have great fitting too unlike Lonsdale. I'm size M and bought size M and when i tried it on its was like an XL, @#/? fitting.

And also alot of the chavs wear Lonsdale, not a good image of the club.

I'm an M and mine fits fine.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fashion victims have already said their bit, but I'd like to say 'I don't care'.

I don't give a ###### who makes the bloody shirt.

'Lonsdale aren't cool, Umbro are, this image, that image, Kappa fits well, is it chavvy? is it not?'

For goodness sake, why are you bothered?

• 2 weeks later...

So, there's 3 clubs that are moving from Lonsdale to Umbro?

Why do I get the funny feeling this is no more than a cosmetic difference, and the shirts will be as tacky and awful as before, just the name of the maker will change.

Presumably the same Far East sweatshop will still make them, knocking out cheapo nylon crud that sticks to your nips, itches like buggery, and is flogged to the masses for £30 a pop (for which we'll all say - "What a great bargain, they normally go for £50!")

I doubt that the owners of Umbro would allow their brand to be brought down in value and attractability. They have spent alot of time and effort into developing their shirt technology it shouldn't be difficult for them to change it to suit new teams. The same deals they have in place already for production should cover them to increase production and who knows maybe even decrease price.

Annoyed that we weren't the first to announce this as we are the premiership team.

Check out last nights telegraph and the picture of Faz and Howard Kendall in the original umbro kit with the big red rose with BRFC underneath.

How cool is that?

Wouldnt it be brilliant to have a retro shirt like this for a change? Or am I being too sentimental <_<

Same as Toffs but cheaper:-

http://www.uksoccershop.com/categories/481_520.html

I'm sure I've seen the shirt you mention for sale somewhere.

Cheers Aggy.

The shirt in the LET image is the red away one - the one I think they wore when they won at Bristol Rovers and the bloody nobbers got beat by Swansea......... :angry:

Waggy will know, Im sure

Cheers Aggy.

The shirt in the LET image is the red away one - the one I think they wore when they won at Bristol Rovers and the bloody nobbers got beat by Swansea......... :angry:

Waggy will know, Im sure

I used to have one of those. My ex probably burned it :lol:

• 2 months later...

OK, this is probably being discussed elsewhere but I can't see it. What's the score with Sports World now?

As you'll have noticed, Mike Ashley, owner of SWI, last week invested £55m in Newcastle United, acquiring just over 41%, with a view to spending another 80 odd million to buy the club. Obviously we're subsidising his interest in the "North East Giants" by shelling out our hard earned on the 5 product lines they sell of Blackburn Rovers merchandise at Ewood. Admittedly he's probably only made about £275.78 profit from us in the last few years but that's not the point or our problem.

We've heard rumblings that Rovers are attempting to sever all ties with SWI and get out of the contract. Has anyone any news on this or when we'll hear about Umbro? I've heard that we're definitely getting Umbro (as AS (I think) stated a few months ago) but will we still have to suffer the Sports World "Rovers" store?

Has this definitely "gone legal" as I'm sure someone posted on here?

OK, this is probably being discussed elsewhere but I can't see it. What's the score with Sports World now?

As you'll have noticed, Mike Ashley, owner of SWI, last week invested £55m in Newcastle United, acquiring just over 41%, with a view to spending another 80 odd million to buy the club. Obviously we're subsidising his interest in the "North East Giants" by shelling out our hard earned on the 5 product lines they sell of Blackburn Rovers merchandise at Ewood. Admittedly he's probably only made about £275.78 profit from us in the last few years but that's not the point or our problem.

We've heard rumblings that Rovers are attempting to sever all ties with SWI and get out of the contract. Has anyone any news on this or when we'll hear about Umbro? I've heard that we're definitely getting Umbro (as AS (I think) stated a few months ago) but will we still have to suffer the Sports World "Rovers" store?

Minutes of the Blackburn Rovers Fans’ Forum

Ewood Park, Monday 30th April 2007 – 7.15pm

Club Shop

Tom Finn reported that progress was being made slowly with SWI but he was unable to give a timescale for a satisfactory conclusion.

• 3 weeks later...

Minutes of the Blackburn Rovers Fans’ Forum

Ewood Park, Monday 30th April 2007 – 7.15pm

Club Shop

Tom Finn reported that progress was being made slowly with SWI but he was unable to give a timescale for a satisfactory conclusion.

Did he mention anything about "before the start of the 07/08 season" at all Al? ;)

Archived