BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cup Final Ticket Prices

The prices have been announced for the first Cup Final at the new Wembley.

CUP FINAL PRICES

If Rovers had won yesterday would you pay these prices to go to the final. It seems that the FA have not learned from yesterday and are again only offering a limited number of concessions. They have stopped short of the £100 ticket but only just. I think a lot of rovers fans would refuse or be unable to afford the cost that the full day out package would be, but with only a limited number of tickets available the FA know that there would be no shortage of buyers.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't even read the prices. You cannot put a price on the experience of going to an FA Cup final. Unless it was 100% out of my financial reach, then I'd be there. I'd borrow, steal, loan, sacrifice, work over time... anything to be there.

Haven't even read the prices. You cannot put a price on the experience of going to an FA Cup final. Unless it was 100% out of my financial reach, then I'd be there. I'd borrow, steal, loan, sacrifice, work over time... anything to be there.

Music to the F.A's ears TCJ

ManUre and Chelski fans have a real chance to strike a blow for football fans everywhere by boycotting the 80 and 95 quid tickets.

Doubt it will happen though, they'll be either too thick or keen to prove they're "real" fans.

Yet again the main issue is the lack of concessions. If you're a family of 4 and not lucky enough to get an early 35 ticket you're looking at a minimum of 240 and potentially 380 quid!!! :o

Somone has to tell the FA where to shove it at some point. It's not our fault Wembley cost 700m!!

Personally I can't see any justification at all for ever charging more than 50 quid for an adult ticket and 25 quid concessions.

TCJ, you hit the nail on the head there mate. I would sacrifice a heck of a lot to make it.

I wasn't even going to go to the Semi-final yesterday, as I would have been going to the last league game of the season (possibily the FA Final as well), but stayed in for the last three weekends to save and have a proper good time out yesterday. It's all about priorties!!

At times like this and certainly the final, you do whatever it basically takes to go. If it was £95 a ticket for the final, then it's £95 I would have to pay. The club means too much and to miss out because of a a few numbers after the pound sign. I know several wouldn't be able to afford it initially, but you just have to save for it (apart from families with kids)!!

Fair enough, if this is what the FA want to hear me say, then so be it.

Guilty as charged.

Yes, I would pay £95 / ticket if I had to, an FA Cup final for Rovers may not happen again for in my life time, Iwill cherish memories of the Worthington cup win in Cardiff for ever, as will my sons who would never ever forgive me if Rovers won the FA cup and we were not there. This is clearly common knowledge to the FA who have to wring very last penny out of fans to pay for the Wembley white elephant.

:lol:

Did you manage to pull Joanne?

Now c'mon Stu. That was Jordan chancing Joanne 'my last day here' waitress and nothing to do with me, lol.

The best comment from the day came from either you or Tris when Jordan claimed he was married with 3 kids.....

"Who the feck would be that stupid to have kids with you"

Besides I was more interested in trying to locate my phone at that stage. Thankfully managed to get it safely.

I think the FA have quite nicely sorted that out.

The winners over the past 15 years have been

Liverpool

Arsenal

Manchester United

Everton

Manchester United

Chelsea

Arsenal

Manchester United

Chelsea

Liverpool

Arsenal

Arsenal

Manchester United

Arsenal

Liverpool

all of who have enough fans to fill the place.

The likes of us and the likes of Millwall or Sunderland or whoever getting to the final are so remote that the fans will pay throught their noses for a seat.

Let's face it, the FA have got the fans over a barrel, there's a large bucket of KY jelly and The Gimp has been released.

:rover: just how many £35 tickets are there? how many concession's?

i would have paid £95 as for a rovers fan its 47 years since we played in a fa cup final at wembley,and i am only 45,so i have never seen us play in the fa cup final at wembley.

at the moment i have no revenue,only what i make on badges etc,but this is definatley a one off,and the way the premiership is going,the big 4 are going to take even the carling cup serious,to a run of the mill team like us,these chances will come very seldom.

the fa has always stood for f##k all, and thats what barwick and co know and care about me and you,the future off football will be bleak whilst the fa are allowed to be a law to them self.

£70 to join englandfans!!!!!!!!! they insure 130k players for earnings off 50k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!who pays me and you,sort it out :brfc:

The FA are in deep trouble financially after the Wembley debacle and are desperately trying to claw some of their debts back. They'll get away with it this time as they've got their "dream final" and the novelty of the new Wembley, but they won't always be so lucky and, if they keep pricing games like this, we could soon see an FA Cup Final played in front of a half-full stadium.

The FA are in deep trouble financially after the Wembley debacle and are desperately trying to claw some of their debts back. They'll get away with it this time as they've got their "dream final" and the novelty of the new Wembley, but they won't always be so lucky and, if they keep pricing games like this, we could soon see an FA Cup Final played in front of a half-full stadium.

Spot on, and they'll have an even harder job trying to fill the bloody place for a semi final.

Can you imagine a Boro/Wigan or Blackburn/Bolton semi down there?

Might be seeing a few more "dodgy draws" in years to come. <_<

Most of the "fa tickets" retail at £90 as well, the majority are not freebies, or corporates.

My mates missus works for E.on and handles all the corporate tickets for distribution. Instead of having tickets for each of the previous matches to give out free, they have to apply for a ballot to get tickets if they want one - at a special price of £95! I imagine senior exec getting tickets but the FA are getting every single available penny out of sponsors and corporate.

What I can't understand though is that only just over half the stadium is given to the fans of the actual teams. They claim they're given more 1,500 more than last year but the damn place holds 15,000 more than Cardiff. Why can't the cup final be one for the fans and not for fat cats in suits eating their prawn sarnies and not giving a flying **** about the game. I realise all 92 clubs get an allocation of tickets - But why should they?

Archived