BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Club Run By Fans

I think thats great, but i wouldn't want them anywhere near rovers.

I've signed up for lancaster city, but part of their team criteria is that the club has to be seen to be able to reach the premiership.

I think thats great, but i wouldn't want them anywhere near rovers.

I've signed up for lancaster city, but part of their team criteria is that the club has to be seen to be able to reach the premiership.

I wouldn't want them anywhere near Rovers either. The voting for team selection/formation seems a bit crazy - but fun if it's not the team you've supported all your life. The club will be fairly well funded though with 1.375m worth of membership fees going towards them from the site every year - a huge amount for someone like Lancaster City to play with.

I wouldn't want them anywhere near Rovers either. The voting for team selection/formation seems a bit crazy - but fun if it's not the team you've supported all your life. The club will be fairly well funded though with 1.375m worth of membership fees going towards them from the site every year - a huge amount for someone like Lancaster City to play with.

Sounds like we should all be voting for Burnley as the club to take over. Just think how we could make those Dingles suffer then! :lol:

I voted for Accy...I dunno why Leeds are so high on that list, only a loon thinks they can be saved with this kind of money. On the other hand, if they go into administration, doesn't that mean their debts are gone? Still, that kind of budget each year, even added to their fan base revenue...not sure they could be recovered on that. The voting seems bizarre- if a lower league team gets it, how are any of the higher league fans going to know who the hell they should be buying? I certainly wouldn't! I think a full time manager appointed by the fans is wiser, with a fan veto in case of eminently bad decisions.

I voted for Accy...I dunno why Leeds are so high on that list, only a loon thinks they can be saved with this kind of money. On the other hand, if they go into administration, doesn't that mean their debts are gone? Still, that kind of budget each year, even added to their fan base revenue...not sure they could be recovered on that. The voting seems bizarre- if a lower league team gets it, how are any of the higher league fans going to know who the hell they should be buying? I certainly wouldn't! I think a full time manager appointed by the fans is wiser, with a fan veto in case of eminently bad decisions.

Whoops...having actually read the site a bit, I now see that is exactly what they have in place..

One point I don't understand is the fact that the 'Head Coach' announces to the members what tactics they should use, what formations they should take and who they should pick to play. Surely any manager in the same division would register for £35, and have a good look (and have a say) over the tactics and team they are going to play, and then spend the next week preparing his own team for the match! Not only that, you can bet there will be loads of people who log on when they have had a few beers and then just pick anything - a bit like playing Football Manager when you've had a skin-full!

I've registered for Accy, but I really can't see how it could possibly work in real life. I'd also want my cut from any profits they make over the year - I'd want my 50,000th!!!

I believe a minor league baseball team tried having the fans decide lineups and such. It was an abysmal failure. Part of it was opposing fans and players logging in to vote.

:lol:

I suppose that could be overcome by requiring that in order to have a vote on team matters you have to own X number of shares. This would mean that if your rivals really wanted to mess around with the side then they would at least have to give you money for the pleasure.

:lol:

I suppose that could be overcome by requiring that in order to have a vote on team matters you have to own X number of shares. This would mean that if your rivals really wanted to mess around with the side then they would at least have to give you money for the pleasure.

Except it seems you can only have one share.

My suggestion would be just let the manager do most of it, but if a player is performing terribly and ought to be replaced, have a vote on that. Opposition players and managers would be fairly dwarfed by the main shareholders.

Besides, I'm not sure whether it caps out at 50,000 members actually...

I'm quite disappointed because Leeds is winning at the moment. Not sure if I'll actually buy if it's Leeds. Aside from hating them, they're financially a bit buggered. I suppose now they're in administration though, it could be easier. That gets rid of the debt, right? Or wrong? Besides, I want to get Accy...

Except it seems you can only have one share.

My suggestion would be just let the manager do most of it, but if a player is performing terribly and ought to be replaced, have a vote on that. Opposition players and managers would be fairly dwarfed by the main shareholders.

Besides, I'm not sure whether it caps out at 50,000 members actually...

I'm quite disappointed because Leeds is winning at the moment. Not sure if I'll actually buy if it's Leeds. Aside from hating them, they're financially a bit buggered. I suppose now they're in administration though, it could be easier. That gets rid of the debt, right? Or wrong? Besides, I want to get Accy...

the frst 50,000 members get first refusal at a share of the club

i may buy one if its a good club

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I put some money in a short while ago. Could well end up being a complete waste of £35 but it's definitely something different and interesting. It certainly made work a bit less tedious today. I'm very interested in finding out just what kind of effect (if any) this has on a club in Ebbsfleet's position.

http://www.ebbsfleetunited.net/admission/

Going off their admission prices,it will be interesting to see how many of the `shareholders` will actually attend games on either a matchday basis,or as a season ticket holder. :o

Even if shareholders only attend games being played near where they live its likely to put a few hundred on the gate. Its unlikely that most will ever travel to the South East.

Thre's no doubt that despite the scepticism, Ebbsfleet United FC will never be the same again.

Archived