BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "walkerfame": Commerative Bricks

What a fantastic idea.

Rovers Official website today announced a Commemorative Brick idea for Ewood where you can buy an inscribed brick to form a wall of fame. I have seen similar at, for example, Sunderland where it looks good, it raises cash, makes a nice present and it can be a nice way of remembering loved ones.

Prices range from £39.99 to £79.99.

Well done Rovers and credit where it is due. Have printed a form off already; would be nice to have a brfcs.com brick perhaps?

I know I am going to sound stupid here but what exactly is it? Do you buy a brick and they build a wall with it at ewood? Where would they put it?

"A limited section outside the Walkersteel Blackburn End is reserved for the commemorative bricks"

I guess that they will either attatch them to the BBurn End or the wall behind Uncle Jack's statue

"A limited section outside the Walkersteel Blackburn End is reserved for the commemorative bricks"

I guess that they will either attatch them to the BBurn End or the wall behind Uncle Jack's statue

Ah, thanks very much.

Me and my dad bought bricks when they rebuilt the Jack Walker Stand. Great idea, might seem daft to some people, but its a great way to be a lasting part of the club you love.

Do they have your names on them? I havent seen Bricks with names on them at Ewood before (I am pretty blind though)

How much did you pay for the Jack Walker stand bricks?

Do they have your names on them? I havent seen Bricks with names on them at Ewood before (I am pretty blind though)

How much did you pay for the Jack Walker stand bricks?

No, I don't think they have. We got a certificate and our names in the back of an official Rovers book Pater White wrote. As for cost, not sure, if was a few years ago. I'll have a look for the book tonight.

I got Kenny Dalglish to sign a Blackburn End brick when they pulled the old one down.

That same day I caught that bloke with the grey hair who used to wheel out the tombola machine at half time, forging Kenny Dalglish's autograph on piles of match day programmes!

I pulled him up on it and he just siad " its ok, they all get sent abroad and nobody will notice" :unsure:

Naughty, I thought.

One Love - BRFC

I got Kenny Dalglish to sign a Blackburn End brick when they pulled the old one down.

That same day I caught that bloke with the grey hair who used to wheel out the tombola machine at half time, forging Kenny Dalglish's autograph on piles of match day programmes!

I pulled him up on it and he just siad " its ok, they all get sent abroad and nobody will notice" :unsure:

Naughty, I thought.

One Love - BRFC

quote]

that would have been Ken Beamish then,

I presumed from the mailing with the STs and the website this is going to be behind Jack's statue. If it isn't the photography is misleading.

quote name='padihampedro' post='536114' date='Aug 10 2007, 14:48 ']I got Kenny Dalglish to sign a Blackburn End brick That same day I caught that bloke with the grey hair who used to wheel out the tombola machine at half time, forging Kenny Dalglish's autograph on piles of match day programmes!quote]

that would have been Ken Beamish then,

It was definitely Jimmy Norris.

Daft thing is Kenny used to forge Jimmy's signature. He didn't do many.

I suggested a very similar idea to this to John Williams in person a couple of months back, except I had the idea of having a Hollywood style walk of fame for famous players past and present engraved in the bricks. Still I expect my cheque is in the post...

I really like the idea. I remmeber when i went to the reading game i noticed they had a wall that wraped around the grounds and i thought it looked really good. I wonder if i can get one all the way from over here?

:huh: i don`t think they deliver you the actual brick <_<

;) lol!

Archived