BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Premier League Happenings

Boro play some really pretty stuff but cannot finish. The game they lost 3-0 at West Ham they should have won and they could have turned over Everton yesterday as well. Woodgate and Schwartzer have suddenly gone off form as well.

Of the clubs pushing at the top, I think Pompey and Man City will last the course. Everton are going to be tough to play but missing that double signing at the end of August will do for them unless they find somebody special in January. Villa are not reliable yet. Newcastle will be a real handful in the New Year always assuming they don't suffer more injuries and the injured players come back strongly- Barton out for another month by the way.

West Ham (I don't think this is just wishful thinking) will flatter to deceive.

At the very top, Arsenal already look like Champions to me- they have that swagger and the grit.

Man U are dangerous because they are playing badly and have still pulled themselves up to 2nd after a really bad start.

Liverpool have already dropped 4 points through Rafa's mismanagement and will drop more while Chelsea should be gritting and fighting through this tough patch but are looking a bunch of pampered wimps at the moment.

At the bottom Derby are gone and Bolton will be if they don't fire LFS PDQ. Brum and Sunderland probably have too much in their new signings (as indeed have Fulham) to go down this time which spells big trouble for Wigan and Reading and anyone else who have a huge weakness that can be exploited- ah yes, Spurs! (we can hope they keep Jol in post whilst they wait for Mourinho can't we?)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Utd have not looked good at all to me so far. From what I have seen of the "Big Four" to date I would say at the moment Arsenal look most likely to win the league.

Yeah, they're thrilling to watch but let's see how they go after a few weeks of playing intensively on all fronts. Champions League starting to get into gear more seriously from now on. But I'd rather it was them who win the league rather than man u or chelsea for example

I am amazed at United's 2nd place, to be honest. 7 goals in 8 games, and 2nd in the league. That can't continue. Either the offense will start to come around, or they'll start drawing or losing games. Their only saving grace is they've only allowed 2, and that kind of defensive record just won't last.

I am amazed at United's 2nd place, to be honest. 7 goals in 8 games, and 2nd in the league. That can't continue. Either the offense will start to come around, or they'll start drawing or losing games. Their only saving grace is they've only allowed 2, and that kind of defensive record just won't last.

If they start scoring again I see them starting to allow a similar amount of goals. Goals received/scored ratio is quite a crucial indicator. That can easily be unbalanced.

Utd have not looked good at all to me so far. From what I have seen of the "Big Four" to date I would say at the moment Arsenal look most likely to win the league.

I was a bit confused tonight.I noticed that Sentanta are showing a live game later on.Arsenal v Chivas.

Apparently its some sort of South American Copa match,and Arsenal are a South American side.

I never knew that,but I do now.

I was a bit confused tonight.I noticed that Sentanta are showing a live game later on.Arsenal v Chivas.

Apparently its some sort of South American Copa match,and Arsenal are a South American side.

I never knew that,but I do now.

Yeah, there's also another club in Chile who are called Everton... don't know of any Blackburn adoption yet

Yeah, there's also another club in Chile who are called Everton... don't know of any Blackburn adoption yet

Well,there's a few Aussie sides.I think Chelsea and Newcastle to name but 2.

I was a bit confused when I read it.Arsenal playing at 11.30 pm.

It's on ,now,on Sentanta 2.Any excuse to watch a bit of live footy.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully, LFC have had their allocation of outrageously biased reffing decisions in their favour for a few weeks and we get a fair official when they come to Ewood.

Clattenburg won't be getting any toffees as presents.

Unfortunately, Everton will be strengthened by having Hibbert and Neville suspended for the next three games.

Not related with the English Premier League, but has anyone watched the Old Firm derby today? Rangers were in control for the entire game, easy win and they could have scored maybe one or two extra. Was an entertaining game to watch, quite tense too, 8 or 9 bookings for Celtic if I'm not mistaking.

Not related with the English Premier League, but has anyone watched the Old Firm derby today? Rangers were in control for the entire game, easy win and they could have scored maybe one or two extra. Was an entertaining game to watch, quite tense too, 8 or 9 bookings for Celtic if I'm not mistaking.

Wondered where Jan was! :P

Archived