BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Premier League Happenings

Part of Newcastles eternal problems were exposed yesterday. In a post match interview, after their defeat to Wigan, Nigel Pearson said that Newcastle were a big club, with big expectations and shouldn't be losing to "clubs like these" [Wigan]. When they start to really respect thier opponents, they might have a chance, but as long as they believe no-one has the right to play alongside their massive club, they'll never improve.

Arrogance in the extreme.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
West Ham winning now.

Not a good day for us.

When they have been doing poor, Spurs fans have kept telling me they will overtake us in the league.

Looks like they could be right.

Ditto, God my Spurs fan mates have been annoying since their recovery and our blip. The worrying thing is they've won literally every game since Ramos took over and I dont think we've won since he's come in! I'm worried about my payouts in bets should our decline take us below Spurs!!

We've actually been fairly lucky with results in recent weeks, it's the only reason why we've managed to stay in touch with the top 6, so it would make sense that the weekend where we have the easiest game of the season we have results go against us.

At the start of the season I thought the lack of investment in our squad might lead to a bit of staleness and further deterioration in our League position to around 12th.

At the moment, that's looking to be a fair shout unfortunately.

Probably no coincidence either that the new face has been our most consistent performer .

At the start of the season I thought the lack of investment in our squad might lead to a bit of staleness and further deterioration in our League position to around 12th.

At the moment, that's looking to be a fair shout unfortunately.

Probably no coincidence either that the new face has been our most consistent performer .

That's the worry-and with two key midfield players from recent years (Sav/Tugay) almost certainly into their last season at the club, it is going to be very interesting to see how we go about replacing them. I would doubt very much whether we could pull out a couple of 'Samba's' for the centre midfield department. And please don't use Mokoena as an example!

After this weekend's results Europe is very much up for grabs. Anyone from City down to Spurs (discouting Newcastle) could finish 5th and 6th. If we put a decent run together we're in with a real chance. I think the media can put their "will anyone break into the top 4?" stories away until next year as they are way ahead of the rest.

Tottenham intrigue me. They were awful under Jol, and now can't lose under Ramos. This must go some way to side with the manager's make a difference argument. Spurs kept coming out and saying that Jol was great; the players and fans loved him. Obviously something was wrong as they are a different team without him.

Newcastle are a poor excuse for a team. Allardyce has got a stay of execution due to a linesman's error. It seems more and more unbelievable that he was being seriously touted as England manager 18 months ago. His team play horrible football, have some awful players, and a delusional fan base. Would England's Euro debacle have been different with him at the helm? Who still wants Damien Duff back? He looked way off yesterday.

Great start to Woy's Fulham career. 1-0 to Fulham, Danny Murphy penalty.

Fulham are looking pretty good at the moment against a shakey Chelsea team.

That Kalou seems to be offside more than McCarthy.

I think Fulham will need to score atleast 2 to win this as I really cannot see them keeping a clean sheet. Their defence does look dodgy.

Archived