BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Premier League Happenings

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chelsea just pulled back 2-1 in injury time with ten men against Everton in the Carling Cup semi-final first leg. It was sheer laziness on Everton's part as there were six players crowding two, mainly just standing there watching the ball, and only one on Wright-Phillips. I thought it was a Wright-Phillips goal, but the F365 tracker counted it as an own goal. Either way, it was ridiculous.

Chelsea just pulled back 2-1 in injury time with ten men against Everton in the Carling Cup semi-final first leg. It was sheer laziness on Everton's part as there were six players crowding two, mainly just standing there watching the ball, and only one on Wright-Phillips. I thought it was a Wright-Phillips goal, but the F365 tracker counted it as an own goal. Either way, it was ridiculous.

Agreed it was soft as hell. :angry:

Arsenal royally ****ed it up against Birmingham. United needed no better invitation to steamroll a rudderless Newcastle who should really forfeit their games against Fergie's multi-million pound fledglings. They always produce pathetic displays in those fixtures (save for last season's rescue by their youth team). United were of course aided by their obligatory favourable decision in the first half to save them from any sort of discomfort. <_<

Liverpool in Klinnsman talks:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ool/7187086.stm

Rafa must surely be on borrowed time now.

Jurgen Klinsmann is the Bayern manager in waiting, signed and sealed. Given this i don't see how Rafa can stay in the job much longer though.

Can't see Jose giving up on getting AC or Barca to go to Liverpool just yet. It would be interesting to see who they could find to replace him at the moment.

It was a very good weekend for football. Man U completely destroyed an awful Newcastle. It could easily have been 10; Rooney missed a hatful and they were denied (for a change) 2 stonewall penalties. The funniest bit was Smith getting sent off in the last minute for mouthing about the ball not crossing the line for the 6th(!) goal. A 2 game ban for a 'key' player is just what Newcastle need. I don't know who'll get the job but based on that performance and the few previous I've seen they need a new playing staff and lots of time to fix it. Ashley needs patience and I don't think he has much.

Arsenal turned into last seasons Arsenal; no invention when the opposition packs it in and plays deep. Liverpool only have a Champions League place to play for; we are only 3 points behind them.

Any team from 10 up has a possibility of claiming 4th and Europe. Any team from 11 down has the chance of relegation. Looks to be a good 2nd half coming up.

The funniest bit was Smith getting sent off in the last minute for mouthing about the ball not crossing the line for the 6th(!) goal. A 2 game ban for a 'key' player is just what Newcastle need.

I was laughing my jacksy off at that one. How stupid can you get? Arguing about whether your team loses by 5 or 6 goals. Smith, you are a complete doughnut!

Archived