BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Premier League Happenings

Oh it certainly is a fix, I mean it has happened two years in a row now. Still, I have to admit that I always watch these games, whereas that isn't true for any other non-Rovers fixtures except for maybe City v United and Liverpool v Everton.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After all the hype and speculation, two deals have been announced that will be confirmed when the window opens- Gunter from Cardiff to Spurs for £3m and Speed from Bolton to Sheffield United for £250K.

Is Gary Speed the last player to have played Prem football in every season of the Premiership or has Andy Cole managed that as well?

Andy Cole missed the first season in the Premiership didn't he? Nicky Butt? Ian Pearce?

I forgot that Newcastle weren't in the prem for the first season. Just looked at the dates and assumed. You are correct. He signed for Newcastle in Feb 1993 but newcastle were in div 1 at the time.

The 1pm kick-offs weren't without incident. Phil Dowd sent 3 off in the Chelsea-Villa (4-4) game. Chelsea can have no arguments about Cole and Carvalho's dismissals whilst Knight had to go if Dowd was being consistent with sending Nelsen off a few weeks back- so we lose the dirtiest tag for the next 28 hours!

Could have done without Huddlestone scoring a brace for Spuds in their demolition of Fulham but Reading did us a bit of a favour with their agaist the run of play draw at Upton Park.

but Reading did us a bit of a favour with their agaist the run of play draw at Upton Park.

I thought Reading played well and thoroughly deserved their draw. They were on top until the sending off and then second half every time i saw they were still pushing forward. Admittedly I was channel-hoping quite a lot.

McEveley just cancelled out Torres' magnificent goal, it's 1-1 at Pride Park.

Not seen him much this season, but he made a brilliant tackle against Newcastle last week, and looks to have settled in Derby's starting XI. Keep it up, too bad the team will get relegated record early.

The Chelsea-Villa game was a cracker. Villa deserved the draw. Chelsea are a bunch of moaning gits.

Derby are probably the worst Prem team to have graced the league since its inception. They are horrible. McEveley scored but he proved to me why Rovers let him go; he's not good enough for the Premier League.

Having said that, they were unlucky to lose yesterday. Liverpool thought that they were playing a pub team and switched off as they always do against bad opposition. I think Liverpool should get rid of Benitez, I like the bloke but he is missing something.

Archived