BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Premier League Happenings

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought Liverpool got away with it at Goodison - certainly it was a stonewall penalty at the end on Lescott. Shocking decision.

Walcott was offside for Arsenal's second goal. Everyone's been raving about them, but to be honest they haven't really impressed. They are not playing particularly well, but they are managing results where others are dropping the ball a bit. I suppose that's impressive in its own way, though.

Carson's sending off was a disgrace. And Villa's defending was even worse. I knew something like this would happen when he bought Zat Knight! Gifted the game to United.

Man City are an enigma. We were way better than them when we played, and some of their wins have left me scratching my head. A healthy dose of luck going on there! Fair play to them, though.

Hopefully, LFC have had their allocation of outrageously biased reffing decisions in their favour for a few weeks and we get a fair official when they come to Ewood.

Swings and roundabouts. They were robbed of a win against Chelsea due to a dodgy penalty, so it evens itself out at Everton. It never happens to us though. Saves like Neville's don't happen any more. Back in the 60's 70's it happened all the time; if many MOTD highlights are a representative sample.

Man U looked OK, I thought the result flattered them though. Carson should never have been sent off.

Sven has found a good one in Elano, he could keep it up in the winter too as he came to City from the Ukraine.

I was actually at a technical rehearsal for a show I'm in!!

Was it for this show??!. I can see the headline "Andy Todd is ruining my relationship". Only joking :lol:

The Merseyside derby was shocking. How biased was the ref? how did Kuyt stay on the pitch? And why shouldn't Gerrard be subbed? the hubcaps must believe they'll get skin cancer whenever he takes his pants off.

Was it for this show??!. I can see the headline "Andy Todd is ruining my relationship". Only joking :lol:

The Merseyside derby was shocking. How biased was the ref? how did Kuyt stay on the pitch? And why shouldn't Gerrard be subbed? the hubcaps must believe they'll get skin cancer whenever he takes his pants off.

Clattenburg is not reffing next weekend because of his mistakes.

I don't see the reasoning behind that. Is it going to make him improve as a referee? - No. So what's the point?

It won't make him into a better referee, but at least it ensures that officials realise that their jobs aren't totally secure and that neither laziness nor bias can creep into their games.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm watching Wigan-Chelsea at the moment, it's 10 minutes in, and Wigan is already getting ripped off by the referee. Chelsea have won a couple of free kicks by leaning into the opposition player and then taking a dive. A penalty call in Chelsea's area by Wigan, which had just as much credibility, if not more, than the Chelsea ones, was waved off.

Anyway, Chelsea have already opened up the Wigan defence and it's 1-0. Lampard via Wright-Phillips.

I'm watching Wigan-Chelsea at the moment, it's 10 minutes in, and Wigan is already getting ripped off by the referee. Chelsea have won a couple of free kicks by leaning into the opposition player and then taking a dive. A penalty call in Chelsea's area by Wigan, which had just as much credibility, if not more, than the Chelsea ones, was waved off.

Anyway, Chelsea have already opened up the Wigan defence and it's 1-0. Lampard via Wright-Phillips.

2-0 now after 20 minutes and the ball probably should have been called for a throw-in in the lead-up to the goal.

Two cracking cameos in the Newcastle v Pompey game

1) Camera cuts to 'Arry who stands up, gets a half bottle of spirits out of his pocket and takes a swig

2) Souey expert summarising about Newcastle "Sam Allardyce, new manager at Newcastle, sets them up scientifically, gets them all organised, that's all new to Newcastle" :wacko: (and who was the Newcastle Manager Souey?)

Despite the referees trying to give the 'big 4' their divine places at the top 4 i've a feeling this year there will be someone else occupying at least one of the spaces. The top 2 are sewn up but rovers, everton, and portsmouth are all looking in good shape and could take one of the top 4 spaces. Chelsea are looking pretty formidable but a lot will depend on January, a couple of their star players wanting off and it still could unravel for them (or they could get stronger). At the bottom I feel that a 'bigger' team could go down this season. Boro could be in real trouble especially if Bolton and Spurs pick up form under new management and if wigan get clear of injuries.

He was spot-on with virtually everything, although I do think it was a penalty. Carragher had no time to react and it certainly wasn't hand to ball, but if you stick your hands above your head then I think you've got yourself in trouble.

Archived