BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Premier League Happenings

Wait a minute, we are unbeaten in 7 and have crept back up to be within touching distance of the clubs above us. Once Arsenal are out of the way, we have tough but winnable games whilst the others have sinkers.

Away to ManUn was also supposed to be a "sinker" - but no.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes they do Philip,no stupid sponsors name on..the way it should be!

I am no Man.U. fan but I must admit to being very moved by the events of this week. And it was a nice touch I thought for United to send their players out today in a complete replica kit of 1958. Just a shame about the result!

Just spoken to my Toffee stepson and he said Reading played Everton off Goodison Park this afternoon. But he was very happy with the result.

To say nothing of a very nasty Carsley tackle and a goal where at least 3/4 players were clearly offside........ I don't think they can still be whingeing about last week after that.

PS Don't those shirts look smart?

Didn't they just.

Brought a lump to the throat for bygone times and that was nothing whatsoever to do with either Manchester United or Munich.

I was just hoping they'd bring out the old hand stitched leather ball with a lace that weighed a ton when it got wet for the second half as well.

If you want nostalgia, do something like that, not flap about playing an extra game in Dubai etc.

It wasn't the best weekend for us results wise, only Liverpool's draw keeps it interesing. An improbable win for us tonight will do wonders.

Everton-Reading was boring. I wouldn't say that Reading murdered them, and Everton's goal was not offside.

The worst game of the season so far was Chelsea-Liverpool. Two supposed top teams playing not to lose and giving away finicky fouls all day; some advert for the global game. There was a 10 minute spell in the 2nd half when the ref must have blown 15 times for niggly stuff. Absolutely awful game.

The bottom is getting even more interesting; If Newcastle keep going the way they are they'll be in it soon.

I don't get any Championship stuff, but that race is as hot as ever.

• 2 weeks later...

No we sat still. We needed to at least gamble, even if it had been on one of those trialists who came in or something, we know that we only have a month to get deals done and it is the clubs job to get them done, they can't simply stand back when a season has possibly been wasted and say "no one was available". We had to strengthen in central midfield and we weakened it, that isn't acceptable and it has essentially ended any hope we had of making a strong finish to the season.

But who was available?

Answers on a post card please...

The £25m splurged on signings in 1998 were a serious step back. We could not have been worse off if Jack had refused to spend a single penny of that money.

Ah well, the bad week-end for results continues with Reading surviving a Villa missed penalty then gifting them a goal with the very next attack!

Massive game for us in the London derby at Wembley- can take all the other results going wrong so long as Spurs lose. But at the end of the day, it is down to Rovers winning games we should be capable of winning even if we didn't sign the latter day Frandsen in the January window everyone seems to have been screaming for.

But who was available?

Answers on a post card please...

The £25m splurged on signings in 1998 were a serious step back. We could not have been worse off if Jack had refused to spend a single penny of that money.

Ah well, the bad week-end for results continues with Reading surviving a Villa missed penalty then gifting them a goal with the very next attack!

It's not my job to tell the club who was available. I don't have a scouting network to report back to me. I don't get paid to be involved in football all the time. I expect the club to find players and I mean I EXPECT them to do that. That is why they earn a lot of money to do their job.

Well I personally felt it was worth pushing the boat out for Diarra. I thought he was well worth the price tag and would have been a solid investment. I could list a bunch of players who I think it might be worth looking into, but I don't spend my days watching other leagues and teams looking for who might improve the side, we do however have people on the payroll who are supposed to do just that. They must surely be aware of the sort of budget we are working within and if in 6 months they couldn't produce a solid name, then they aren't doing a very good job.

So far we have a player who would have pushed our wage bill up by £15m a year at least by the time the repurcussions played through the squad and a kid I liked the sound of but who never got out of East Anglia...

You need to try harder to convince me Rovers did not do the right thing.

The run of all results going against us has to reach a temporary halt. The next 12 EPL fixtures include:

City v Everton

Villa v Arsenal

W Ham v Chelsea

Everton v Pompey

Liverpool v W Ham

Quote from Frank Lampard

"Sometimes I cringe at the way football has gone here with the young players. They don't have to clean boots any more, they drive BMWs, they get an easy life. I'd love to go back to the days of more respect and a kid going out and doing double training sessions.

That's what got me where I am"

Eh?

Quote from Frank Lampard

"Sometimes I cringe at the way football has gone here with the young players. They don't have to clean boots any more, they drive BMWs, they get an easy life. I'd love to go back to the days of more respect and a kid going out and doing double training sessions.

That's what got me where I am"

Eh?

What's confusing about that?

I've heard quite a few other players saying similar things. I think the theory is that the youngsters start to feel like they've made it far too early now that they're pampered in comparison to a 15-20 years ago.

What's confusing about that?

I've heard quite a few other players saying similar things. I think the theory is that the youngsters start to feel like they've made it far too early now that they're pampered in comparison to a 15-20 years ago.

Yes quite a few players have said similar things but Lampard's not exactly what you call a player that hasn't been pampered, is he?

Yes quite a few players have said similar things but Lampard's not exactly what you call a player that hasn't been pampered, is he?

Something I have also been saying for ages in accordance with the Academies

Agree about Lampard though

Archived