BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hooligans

Well last night my sister boyfriend brought over the movie green street hooligans movie about the west ham hooligans and how froto baggins him self became one of them. So it got me thinking, does blackburn have hooligans? I mean they said on the movie that just about every team has a "firm". So i was wondering if this is true. I know Villa does cuz i was walking back to train when i was over there last season and ended up walking next to a guy that had the top of his ear bit off!!!CRAZY :o !

Haha I thought it was a very entertaining movie.

Though like all things, I'm sure the people really involved with it hate it cause its not portrayed right.

IE: Cops watching TV police shows or Doctors watching hospital shows.

I'm sure it was very inaccurately depicted.

EDIT: Just fixing my horrible spelling.

Never heard of hooligans connected with Blackburn. As far as I know Chelsea had some mean ones in the past, as did Leeds in the 70s and 80s I think. Milwall and Cardiff have some dickwads like that. But never heard of that at Blackburn...

The movie is very over exaggerated. I am not saying it doesn't go on but certainly not like that - any more anyway.

Also to point out that people from London don't speak like the main leader of the gang does - terrible accent on him.

For a better story and more light hearted approach I suggest you rent out Football Factory

inaccurately depicted is spot on.

like cocker says football factory is worth renting for the comedy value alone and is miles better than green street imo.

from what i know it still goes on though nothing like the films, it's all very behind the scenes stuff these days apart from the wannabe casuals picking fights with everyone right in front of the wanted eye.

It doesn't look like hooligans to me. Just a bunch of lads being harrased by the police. Why do the police have the authority to herd people like cattle when no crime has been comitted? It just irritates people and causes hackles to rise.

It doesn't look like hooligans to me. Just a bunch of lads being harrased by the police. Why do the police have the authority to herd people like cattle when no crime has been comitted? It just irritates people and causes hackles to rise.

Piffle. Better to take steps to prevent an incident than to 'firefight' once it happens. Officers from sub-divisional support used to associate with and gather intelligence from known offenders.

Judging from the number of yellow bibs in that clip, they were taking it seriously.

rovers have a small group called blackburn youth

they have caused trouble at most euro games, but because they are only small numbers its nothing worth reporting

I was going to say that i did a little more looking into this subject and did find a site that had a bunch of did links to info about these firms. Blackburn was one of them and they even have pins you can buy to wear on your lapell (how cute..pins :D ) I did also find many clip on you tube. So i guess we do have a firm... <_< . Anyways what do you guys think about it?

Anyways what do you guys think about it?

Not a lot really.

One of the comments under the Youtube footage got it right. Blackburn used to be a rough place to go in the 70s/80s, but these days not.

Some of those You Tube clips were hilarious - typical football hooligans, other than a bit of action in the Rovers v Liverpool one, all the other 'hard men' just postured and squared up to each other without actually doing anything. If 50 lads square up to 50 others, nothing happens. If a group single out some poor sod on his own, the poor sod gets a beating. What the police should do is round up a hundred or so from each side, find an empty gym, lock the doors and leave 'em to it. To$$ers.

Some of those You Tube clips were hilarious - typical football hooligans, other than a bit of action in the Rovers v Liverpool one, all the other 'hard men' just postured and squared up to each other without actually doing anything. If 50 lads square up to 50 others, nothing happens. If a group single out some poor sod on his own, the poor sod gets a beating. What the police should do is round up a hundred or so from each side, find an empty gym, lock the doors and leave 'em to it. To$$ers.

and if carlsburg made statements about hoolies then this is probaly the best post so far

Well it does seem that every one is not in favor of them, and i for one am glad to hear that. I feel bad for the fan in italy. I mean there were people killed (an officer if i remember correctly) and then every one suffers. Soddie F*&ks if you ask me!

Well it does seem that every one is not in favor of them, and i for one am glad to hear that. I feel bad for the fan in italy. I mean there were people killed (an officer if i remember correctly) and then every one suffers. Soddie F*&ks if you ask me!

And for every serious incident that we hear about, which involves murder or serious injury, there are probably many more innocent bystanders getting hurt in such events. That's equally traumatic I think.

Picked up a copy of Tash Force at Clitheroe carboot for £1..The story of policeman Tash McDermott who influtrates Blackburn football hooligans undercover...Anyone seen this? ...A bit dated now...

It was on Youtube not long ago, but seems to have disappeared. It was a good bit of fun. Would like to see it again.

Edit.....found it

tash force.....

Archived