BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Training Session Down At Ewood Today

If the 6,000 figure is anywhere near correct, that is a real eye opener. For those that think pricing generally isn't an issue, it obviously is!

6,000 people prepared to pile down to Ewood just to watch us train because it's free and something else free is on offer.

Bloody hell.

P.S. Hark, is that the bell I can hear tolling for Burnley and Accy Stanley?.

Living near Ewood, i saw scores of kids (many with parents) walking down to the ground. Didn`t know what was going on but it was defo the place to be...judging by the turn out.

(a prime opportunity by the club to offer 'kids for a quid' for a future home game)

Living near Ewood, i saw scores of kids (many with parents) walking down to the ground. Didn`t know what was going on but it was defo the place to be...judging by the turn out.

(a prime opportunity by the club to offer 'kids for a quid' for a future home game)

Maybe by way of voucher?

Would have been a great bit of marketing. :rover:

If the 6,000 figure is anywhere near correct, that is a real eye opener. For those that think pricing generally isn't an issue, it obviously is!

6,000 people prepared to pile down to Ewood just to watch us train because it's free and something else free is on offer.

?.

Cloughie said it 30 years ago with regard to television's impact on attendances : eventually clubs will have to let spectators in free of charge.

I don't know if any other clubs are doing something similar, but let's give Rovers credit for trying a new initiative to get young fans on board. There was nothing like this in my day as a youngster, in fact you never got anywhere near the training sessions. Strictly closed doors affairs. I would have given my right arm as a 10 or 11 year old to be able to see my heroes in training; in fact just to get near them at all. Even getting a players autograph was a rare and memorable achievment in those days, and gave you bragging rights at School for years afterwards.

Maybe by way of voucher?

Would have been a great bit of marketing. :rover:

Issuing vouchers (in schools etc) is a good idea . Once the kids literally have a ticket in their hands it should - in theory - be easier for them to persuade a paying adult to go with them . Actually getting the adult to pick up the phone is the hardest part . It would be handy if we had cash only turnstiles , or areas of the ground to make it even easier .

I would like to see every school in the area regularly bombarded with literature , posters etc that all kids can access . Good propoganda .

Let's give Rovers credit for trying a new initiative to get young fans on board.

Is it me or has this 'training-day' thing been happening most seasons for about ten years?

I can remember going when Billy McKinlay was playing for us. And there is no way on earth we got 6000 fans there. Not a chance!

Is it me or has this 'training-day' thing been happening most seasons for about ten years?

I can remember going when Billy McKinlay was playing for us. And there is no way on earth we got 6000 fans there. Not a chance!

Its not a new initiative, but they've not done it for a very long time. I'm sure we haven't done one since Hughes has been in charge.

I think we did it when Souness was manager but the only one I can really remember was on the same day as we signed Oomar Konde and that was years ago!

I remember one, Lucas had recently signed and was in the Blues Bar signing autographs with one of the others (Flitty?). Others were dotted about the place as well. You could have your photo taken with the Carling Cup. Quite a good crowd there too.

Archived